Auto start

VTBogey

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have auto start enabled and has worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago. For some reason now, it will auto start, the screen will show like normal then disappear. I have to manually press the JBV1 icon to bring it back. Any ideas on what is going on?

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Check your display settings. Screen might be on for alerts only.

VTBogey

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Video of auto start.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Did you enable the background self option?

VTBogey

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
that was it! I turned background self off and the problem went away. I don’t know how it got turned on? I’ve been using for months, must have accidentally turned on while going through settings. Thank you!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
that was it! I turned background self off and the problem went away. I don’t know how it got turned on? I’ve been using for months, must have accidentally turned on while going through settings. Thank you!
Glad to know you found the cause! You should also disable the restart when killed option if you usually exit the app by killing it.

BMWBig6

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts (over time) where people realize they have accidentally enabled/disabled a setting. I have even caught myself accidentally toggling a slider with my finger just by scrolling up and down through the settings. And the settings screens often scroll a lot (several screens worth, increasing the risk of accidentally toggling something). Is the only solution (other than being more careful) to add an "Apply" and "Cancel" button to push/save settings (or safely back out of that screen without changing anything)? This might also save johnboy00 a lot of these troubleshooting threads (seem to occur frequently, which takes time away from real dev work).

Hacker

Fat dumb & stupid is no way to go through life son
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??
Total nOOb here.... where is the background self setting..... I couldn't find it. I would have to guess that's my issue as well.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Total nOOb here.... where is the background self setting..... I couldn't find it. I would have to guess that's my issue as well.
Try searching for "background" using the search icon at top right of settings screens.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I reversed the alert arrows by mistake. I would have got nailed by Ka except for the ramp up making me suspicious that the alert wasn't really behind me.

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nitemare50