New Firmware Released 5.6.3/8.8

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
Good God, I still can't download 5.6.3! Why do you predict that? Just curious.
Because of what you just said. There are a lot of problems with 5.6.3 for some ALP customers. This current update doesn't seem right. I don't know why some can upgrade no problem, and other customers can't. I'm going to reach out to Alex tomorrow and see if he can contact ALP for his Canadian members that can't do the current upgrade. I thought @BestRadarDetectors would have updated us with more info. by now too.

Last edited:

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
When the thread for the update came out I was able to download it right away and install with no issues. To this day I have still not received an email regarding the update.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Because of what you just said. There are a lot of problems with 5.6.3 for some ALP customers. This current update doesn't seem right. I don't know why some can upgrade no problem, and other customers can't. I'm going to reach out to Alex tomorrow and see if he can contact ALP for his Canadian members that can't do the current upgrade. I thought @BestRadarDetectors would have updated us with more info. by now too.
We have been out of commission since Tuesday morning. The tropical storm caused us to loose power and all communication. (No Internet , Phones, TV, Etc) Power was just restored last night. We will followup on this on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
We have been out of commission since Tuesday morning. The tropical storm caused us to loose power and all communication. (No Internet , Phones, TV, Etc) Power was just restored last night. We will followup on this on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
Stay safe Tom. I didn't know you got hit that bad by the storm. This can wait.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
When the thread for the update came out I was able to download it right away and install with no issues. To this day I have still not received an email regarding the update.
Forgot about that part. No email for me either.
Post automatically merged:

I just sent out an email to Alex asking for some help for his Canadian customers. Between him and Tom, all of us should have an update in the next week or so. Not a big issue, just one that needs to be looked at.

Last edited:

Qui-Gon

PSL +15
Advanced User
Reaction score
Forgot about that part. No email for me either.

I just sent out an email to Alex asking for some help for his Canadian customers. Between him and Tom, all of us should have an update in the next week or so. Not a big issue, just one that needs to be looked at.

Never got the email either. Will have to wait and try the update once we get the Jeep back from the body shop, HOPEFULLY by the middle or end of next week.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
Here's the reply I got back from Alex today.

"Hi,

I’ve yet to try this update myself. I’m aware of this update from ALPupdate but I did not receive distributor notice just yet.

I wonder if this is CPU generation / hardware specific.

I’ll check into this next week."

I guess we wait.

Last edited:

Flonase

Course X
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just one more anecdote / data point: was able to update firmware via USB successfully this morning. HW4 CPU.

user

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I am not sure what email you guys are referring to. My ALP is registered. I have never gotten an email about an update.

jeremyh

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I finally got the update this morning, even after checking this weekend for the update!

I finally got the update this morning, even after checking this weekend for the update!
also my update was via Bluetooth.

Last edited:

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No update for my system yet

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No update for my system yet
Same here , at least with 5.5.8 i am well protected.
The bad behavior after trying to install 663 is past , no more error 3 and 2 ...happiness is Blue.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
Every time I start my ALP's I get a "data stored" audible. It's like the update started, but didn't finish all the way. Still says 5.5.8

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Updated via BT today. All seems good. No email notification though.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmednofal