New Firmware Released 5.6.3/8.8

Qui-Gon

PSL +15
Advanced User
Reaction score
,.,[sigh. I'm old]
When you hit your 50’s like me, then let’s talk sonny! LOL
Post automatically merged:

Damn, gonna have to wait until I get my other Jeep back from the body shop. My jammer and flash drives are both in it!

Last edited:

Chrismx

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Well, this will be interesting being my first firmware update. Did I read correctly that my config shouldn’t change with this, seeing as the system is much less than a year old? (And updated and configured by the installer).
At any rate, I happened upon this while looking to ask a question in the general ALP discussion thread - hopefully I’m not too far off base asking here but the other day I was on an undisclosed highway in Mexico in a construction zone. There were no peeps present so I was at the normal PSL, not the “construction “ SL when I rounded a gentle left hander, in the left lane, in traffic, (and I looked through my dash cam and just ran out of time to find that particular snip) when what to my wondering eyes should appear but 2 MC LEO’s clearly targeting traffic with their lidars. But my ALP made not a peep. So, my question is, does one have to be firmly in their crosshairs before jamming happens? Or should I be worried? My gut says I was just too far off axis for a hit to register, meaning they never had me in their sites even though I was passing slower vehicles. Yes? No? Thanks!!

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Your ALP will go off if they are firing in your general direction. Good sensitivity on ALP.

mr2turbo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the file not updating the control box. My USB is not working with the updated fw. But it will load my config files fine on the same USB. Still on the 5.5.8 fw as Bluetooth update is saying that I'm already up to date.??

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the file not updating the control box. My USB is not working with the updated fw. But it will load my config files fine on the same USB. Still on the 5.5.8 fw as Bluetooth update is saying that I'm already up to date.??
No issues on my end updating 5.5.5. I had to relearn sensors and go to default after the update. Did that, restarted the system and everything was good.

warz00

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
No issues on my end updating 5.5.5. I had to relearn sensors and go to default after the update. Did that, restarted the system and everything was good.
Exact same here

Patton250

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now I have 5.5.8/8.7 and it says my firmware is up-to-date. I have not kept track so what’s the next firmware update? The one Tom just released 5.6.3/8.8??

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now I have 5.5.8/8.7 and it says my firmware is up-to-date. I have not kept track so what’s the next firmware update? The one Tom just released 5.6.3/8.8??
Yes that is the next update in order.

Patton250

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have found the USB has to be an older or low Gig one for it to be consistent in firmware transfer. I had a newer 64 Gig and even though it would do the config files, other loads like the DSP and Fw files had issues. I have a couple older 2- 8 Gig drives I keep just for the ALP stuff.

RedRocket

(a/k/a "refricket")
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, this will be interesting being my first firmware update. Did I read correctly that my config shouldn’t change with this, seeing as the system is much less than a year old? (And updated and configured by the installer).
At any rate, I happened upon this while looking to ask a question in the general ALP discussion thread - hopefully I’m not too far off base asking here but the other day I was on an undisclosed highway in Mexico in a construction zone. There were no peeps present so I was at the normal PSL, not the “construction “ SL when I rounded a gentle left hander, in the left lane, in traffic, (and I looked through my dash cam and just ran out of time to find that particular snip) when what to my wondering eyes should appear but 2 MC LEO’s clearly targeting traffic with their lidars. But my ALP made not a peep. So, my question is, does one have to be firmly in their crosshairs before jamming happens? Or should I be worried? My gut says I was just too far off axis for a hit to register, meaning they never had me in their sites even though I was passing slower vehicles. Yes? No? Thanks!!
I wouldn't trust an "Installer" to get your set-up properly configured unless they were extremely familiar w/ the AL Priority system.
The ONLY way to determine your system is correctly done is to have it Tested by an experienced member w/ Lidar guns.
There are members who do this here on the Forum who live in the PNW.

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust an "Installer" to get your set-up properly configured unless they were extremely familiar w/ the AL Priority system.
The ONLY way to determine your system is correctly done is to have it Tested by an experienced member w/ Lidar guns.
There are members who do this here on the Forum who live in the PNW.
I’ve been in contact with him and can ensure it’s all set up correctly and test as well

user

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Musicar NW in Portland. They did my car. They are the best. Call Nick.

Eloi

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the U491XXXX .
The upper part of the page @ https://www.alpupdate.com/Firmware
stipulates :
(Present fw. version is 5.6.3/8.8 released 2020-07-31)

After the process i get firmware confirmation : 5.5.8 ,
not 5.6.3

I did not receive yet the usual email , could it be
the 5.6.3 is not ready for my serial ?

Thanks for help.

Patton250

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
stipulates :

not 5.6.3

Thanks for help.
I would like to know this as well.

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
stipulates :

not 5.6.3

Thanks for help.
BRD posted quite a while ago the ALP does this to manage their server resources, so until you've received an email notification you can't download new FW. I use BT and it says I'm up to date on 5.5.8, so some of us have to wait it seems.

Nanook

I feel the need for speed
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive any email and installed the 5.6.3/8.8 from BT..

Eloi

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive any email and installed the 5.6.3/8.8 from BT..
I did install previous update before the reception of email and it worked ...i guess now there is a lot more customers ...Alp is so popular !
Let's remember each update is individual /personalised for every serial unit .

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon450