New Firmware Released 5.6.3/8.8

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, regardless of jamming , it is announcing "interference detection" at random times which has absolutely nothing to do with vehicle speed in my (un)professional opinion.
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys, no offense to ALP or BRD,

We just tested and had huge PT issues on our DETC.

I would not recommend updating to this FW.

Last edited:

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just did some quick DETC testing in both 4 second and unlimited modes... getting easy PT’s, both front and rear, some of them instant. My setup was solid before the update.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man... and I was hauling ass to work this morning, nice.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Yeah, regardless of jamming , it is announcing "interference detection" at random times which has absolutely nothing to do with vehicle speed in my (un)professional opinion.

Hey guys, no offense to ALP or BRD,

We just tested and had huge PT issues on our DETC.

I would not recommend updating to this FW.
Actually going into interference detection at random signs is a GPS signal issue. Your system in your video was booted into defense mode which is not normal. You should always boot into detection mode and only enter defense mode when travelling above 18mph. Where is your GPS antenna mounted?

You also sent us a stats file which includes your active settings from when you pulled the stats file.

Profile A --- PDC & LID (LID TIME 4 Seconds)
Profile B --- PDC & DLI (Detection Only)
Profile C --- PDC Only (Parking Only)

Just to confirm were you testing with a different settings file other than what the stats file included?

Last edited:

Carspear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Guys

So should we update the upgrade or wait.

I drive unlimited mode and kill it myself

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys

Have you received a ticket on your current configuration? Do you face DETC guns? If no, then let the dust settle on this and the various tests be conducted before updating.

The new update being released didn't disable your current configuration.

Carspear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My current setup is good. I won’t download the new firmware for now.

Thanks!

Nanook

I feel the need for speed
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ooooh this is disconcerting....can the fw be reversed ? I know ALP will come up with a fix but I have a holiday trip soon and..

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ooooh this is disconcerting....can the fw be reversed ? I know ALP will come up with a fix but I have a holiday trip soon and..
I don't think so. I wish on the alpupdate site a list of all firmwares would be shown once you put in your serial, then you can just select which one you want and download that.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
What is so disconcerting? I guess all of our testing on our enforcement guns mean nothing?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Nanook

I feel the need for speed
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if the claim of punch throughs with this recent upgrade are legit then that's disconcerting..

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if the claim of punch throughs with this recent upgrade are legit then that's disconcerting..
I agree with you on that but they need to get back to Tom regarding which profile they had, etc. Not enough info to confirm.

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Actually going into interference detection at random signs is a GPS signal issue. Your system in your video was booted into defense mode which is not normal. You should always boot into detection mode and only enter defense mode when travelling above 18mph. Where is your GPS antenna mounted?

You also sent us a stats file which includes your active settings from when you pulled the stats file.

Profile A --- PDC & LID (LID TIME 4 Seconds)
Profile B --- PDC & DLI (Detection Only)
Profile C --- PDC Only (Parking Only)

Just to confirm were you testing with a different settings file other than what the stats file included?
I’never had gps signal issues, unless parked at the back of my garage.

With the car out of the garage, for the purpose of this testing where I’m getting PT’s, It boots up and the light goes yellow (detection mode).

I confirmed last night the light turns blue immediately when I hit 18mph, and turns yellow again when I slow down. When the car is being shot, we are doing 30+ mph and the light is blue before being hit.

I’ve done two tests... one with profile A which is set to PDC and LID 4 seconds, which is the stats file I sent you, and had PT issues. The other test I did AFTER that is with it set to unlimited which also has PT issues, which I have on a separate usb stick, and power cycled before testing.

Going to test more this morning. Is there a chance that for some reason the FW update didn’t go through properly, even though it says it did? I still have a 5.5.8 fw file on my laptop I can put in, and if it lets me go back to that, I can test back to back.

PY004

Director of Technical Operations
Administrator
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I’never had gps signal issues, unless parked at the back of my garage.

With the car out of the garage, for the purpose of this testing where I’m getting PT’s, It boots up and the light goes yellow (detection mode).

I confirmed last night the light turns blue immediately when I hit 18mph, and turns yellow again when I slow down. When the car is being shot, we are doing 30+ mph and the light is blue before being hit.

I’ve done two tests... one with profile A which is set to PDC and LID 4 seconds, which is the stats file I sent you, and had PT issues. The other test I did AFTER that is with it set to unlimited which also has PT issues, which I have on a separate usb stick, and power cycled before testing.

Going to test more this morning. Is there a chance that for some reason the FW update didn’t go through properly, even though it says it did? I still have a 5.5.8 fw file on my laptop I can put in, and if it lets me go back to that, I can test back to back.
Can you guys get me the config file you used? I've been testing this drive 7am today morning trying every scenario imaginable and I'm not able to duplicate this at all.

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Can you guys get me the config file you used? I've been testing this drive 7am today morning trying every scenario imaginable and I'm not able to duplicate this at all.
Sure, Pm me your email, I can send it to you.

Really hoping theres just something weird going on thats a one off situation, and reloading the FW and Config files AGAIN clears it up (trying that soon here).

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on that but they need to get back to Tom regarding which profile they had, etc. Not enough info to confirm.
Agreed. I know @Smason and he knows what he's doing but the possibility of glitch or a simple mistake needs to be ruled out.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Jdem , did you make sure to eject your USB properly from the computer?

I'm glad it seems to be a one off issue. I'll be updating my systems today.

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Jdem , did you make sure to eject your USB properly from the computer?

I'm glad it seems to be a one off issue. I'll be updating my systems today.
Yeah very diligent with that.

Going out to test in a few mins and eliminate any potential variables that can be eliminated. Really hoping it’s just something simple that happened somewhere along the update process..

Testing right now, getting PT’s still. Tried downloading a fresh copy of the fw, put it in even though it doesn’t say updating when usb is inserted (already was updated).

Restored defaults, made a fresh config file with unlimited, and it’s still doing the same thing.

any way to revert back to 5.5.8 to test?...

Last edited:

RedRocket

(a/k/a "refricket")
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys

I'm curious, how do you 'kill it' after you've slowed down ?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon450