New Firmware Released 5.6.3/8.8

wirelessandy

It's a very exciting time
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heck I'm overjoyed I can update this thing at ALL!

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Seeing the interaction here between an ALP contact, these response to concerns, the explanations about how they keep current....
I now have some OT money coming in and it's time to order at least ALP front system.
Been interesting following these threads and helped make up my mind.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Seeing the interaction here between an ALP contact, these response to concerns, the explanations about how they keep current....
I now have some OT money coming in and it's time to order at least ALP front system.
Been interesting following these threads and helped make up my mind.
It’ll give you some piece of mind next time your in Edmonton. Lol 😆

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd near some coverage on my big wide rear too for peace of mind?
How many sensors for the rear of a big white travel trailer too?🤪

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
@BestRadarDetectors , it appears there may be a minor bug in the new FW.

Rear DE shot jams for 7 seconds rather than the 4 it is set for on first shot. After that it's back to normal 4.

Power Cycle and it repeats.

EDIT: Seems to be variable times, as low as 5 and up to 15.

Last edited:

KASHER1979

RDFORUM OWNER - AAKP
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. I REALLY REALLY need to update my ALP. It's in the wifes van, and since my state is an easy area I just never do. But it is time. I have been out of the loop too long. Thanks for the updates BRD. :)

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I can say the TX issues discussed on this forum was was blown out of proportion. All I will say in public is that we value our users and will always put our users protection as our first priority. We do a lot of testing and we have the largest modern gun collection of any company and our collection is serviced and updated regularly. If we detect a change we quietly roll out updates to keep you protected.

Hmmm.... well, I disagree, if you were the one targeting or getting targetted. Will reserve the rest of my response for now.

PY004

Director of Technical Operations
Administrator
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone kill me lol

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
@BestRadarDetectors , it appears there may be a minor bug in the new FW.

Rear DE shot jams for 7 seconds rather than the 4 it is set for on first shot. After that it's back to normal 4.

Power Cycle and it repeats.

EDIT: Seems to be variable times, as low as 5 and up to 15.
I only tested in Unlimited and wanted to get the firmware out to you guys as soon as possible and did not test the LID timer. I have been out painting for 5 hours and I am tired and will try to test that tomorrow. Please make sure to use a new config file and eliminate profiles to help narrow down the cause. Before you make any changes send us a stats file which will take a snapshot of your system status and all your current settings.

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
I only tested in Unlimited and wanted to get the firmware out to you guys as soon as possible and did not test the LID timer. I have been out painting for 5 hours and I am tired and will try to test that tomorrow. Please make sure to use a new config file and eliminate profiles to help narrow down the cause. Before you make any changes send us a stats file which will take a snapshot of your system status and all your current settings.
@Jdem

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Will PM you a video of what it's doing right now. As well as a stats file.

I updated firmware, and immediately noticed this bug testing with my DETC.

Tried restoring defaults / memorize sensors, created a brand new config file from the website, put the usb in, power cycled again, and still the same thing. Seems to be intermittent. Sometimes kills after 4 sec (as it's set to), 5 sec, 7, and then sometimes no kill at all.

user

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Updating from the download to a USB drive is so easy, I’d suggest you just do that if you don’t want to wait for it over Bluetooth.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Will PM you a video of what it's doing right now. As well as a stats file.

I updated firmware, and immediately noticed this bug testing with my DETC.

Tried restoring defaults / memorize sensors, created a brand new config file from the website, put the usb in, power cycled again, and still the same thing. Seems to be intermittent. Sometimes kills after 4 sec (as it's set to), 5 sec, 7, and then sometimes no kill at all.
Please test on your vehicle while in motion above 18mph. You can't test a system with TX sensors when not in motion.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Please test on your vehicle while in motion above 18mph. You can't test a system with TX sensors when not in motion.

Thanks Tom. Will still be doing some testing tomorrow with the new FW on both unlimited and 4 second mode.

After updates I just usually like to do a quick test while parked to make sure it *announces* the 4 second timeout and it works as intended (even though it isn’t technically firing until 18mph), but learning that’s not a valid method to confirm the kill time is working correctly. Thanks for your input! Good to know.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah +1 on moving Test.

Regardless it's a weird bug. But it's just that - a bug that realistically doesn't matter, especially in real world usage. Just something we found.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Beginner User
Reaction score

You have to give him some credit. I can't imagine a demonstrated informed ALP user such as @Jdem who doesn't know that jamming won't occur unless above min speed.

It's like thinking a user you writes Tx vs Rx doesn't know the difference between the two, and somehow an ALP magically responds to a laser with with just a Tx.

Just say'n'

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon450