Valentine Suspends Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I waited with all of you, seemed like forever, for the announcement of the V1G2, then it came out. So did covid19. Upgrades were stopped, but that actually turned out OK because there were some problems with the early V1G2s. So I wait. At least I still have my V1G1 and in the meantime the V1G2 should get de-bugged. Then, upgrades start again. Yay! I box up my V1G1, print my upgrade sheet off of Valentine's website, go to my local Fed Ex and ship it. VR got it Tuesday. And now this from Valentine Research:

Temporary pause in our Upgrade Offer for out-of-production V1s

Customer shipments of V1s for exchange UPGRADES now overloads our package carriers' capacity; extra trucks are being added. We're gratified by the enthusiasm for our new detector, but this is too much of a good thing. To keep you from being without radar and laser protection for an unknown length of time, we are pausing our V1 UPGRADE offer for a short time.
Notice of program restart will appear on this page.

So my V1G1 is now you-know-where, and I am without a RD. I could get a R1 off Amazon for $198.00 with free shipping, but if I did order one I'd bet it would come the same day as my V1G2.
I am solely a highway user and I do not have a trip for a couple of weeks. Hopefully my V1G2 will be here by then. It's like Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It's always something."

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are you? Happy to send you a V1G1, R3, or Pro M to tide you over for a bit. PM me.

Last edited:

Matjeu

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sheesh. Same thing happened to me. They just received my V1G1 today via FedEx. Hopefully they’ll honor the ones that have been received and will mail out the G2’s accordingly. In hindsight... I wish I had sold my G1 online and just purchased the G2 directly. Probably would have been better off overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This is almost inevitable with the way the world is at the moment. But I only had to wait a week until stock came in.
VR are busting a gut trying to get orders out. It's the price we pay for wanting the best detector on the market 😎

TominVirginia

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I waited with all of you, seemed like forever, for the announcement of the V1G2, then it came out. So did covid19. Upgrades were stopped, but that actually turned out OK because there were some problems with the early V1G2s. So I wait. At least I still have my V1G1 and in the meantime the V1G2 should get de-bugged. Then, upgrades start again. Yay! I box up my V1G1, print my upgrade sheet off of Valentine's website, go to my local Fed Ex and ship it. VR got it Tuesday. And now this from Valentine Research:

Temporary pause in our Upgrade Offer for out-of-production V1s

Customer shipments of V1s for exchange UPGRADES now overloads our package carriers' capacity; extra trucks are being added. We're gratified by the enthusiasm for our new detector, but this is too much of a good thing. To keep you from being without radar and laser protection for an unknown length of time, we are pausing our V1 UPGRADE offer for a short time.

So my V1G1 is now you-know-where, and I am without a RD. I could get a R1 off Amazon for $198.00 with free shipping, but if I did order one I'd bet it would come the same day as my V1G2.
I am solely a highway user and I do not have a trip for a couple of weeks. Hopefully my V1G2 will be here by then. It's like Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It's always something."
Ok, I don't have any advice for you or my old RL-O that I would have loaned you but you hit a memory way back there with the cob webs. Roseanne Rosannadanna. WoW its been some time since I heard that name. Thanks for the smile inducing memory of when SNL was actually funny.

XDA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Where are you? Happy to send you a V1G1, R3, or Pro M to tide you over for a bit. PM me.
Insipid Monkey, you are so nice! That is very generous! If need be I can borrow a detector from one of my sons. No need for you to box one up & ship it then me box it back up & return it. Once again, thanks!

cthorne

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I went to the V1 website today to see about the upgrade & upgrades are temporarily suspended.

Seems they have more business that their carriers can deliver.

They are adding more trucks & will resume when they can handle the volume.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
See my friend that's what we do as "hobbists" and "sportsters".

A SHOUT OUT to Insipid monkey 👍👍👍👍👍😎😎😎😎😎

Kudos !!

:slick:

Benzr

Pumanator

rawr
Beginner User
Reaction score
I would hope they have some sort of upgrade confirmation prior to you sending your detector in. All approved upgrades would still be processed and new upgrades would not be approved.

If they are not doing that... lol.

A customer-centric company with your detector would contact you and either complete the upgrade or return yours and provide a free shipping label for when they are able to resume upgrades.

itisjustme

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
VR received my upgrade unit this past Monday 7/27 and I have not received an email that they shipped out my V1G2 as of yet.
I hope in fact they have enough upgrade units to cover everyone before the upgrade cut off again. If anyone gets any information confirming anything please post it. I don't want to call and waste their time on the phone when they are this busy.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
VR received my upgrade unit this past Monday 7/27 and I have not received an email that they shipped out my V1G2 as of yet.
I hope in fact they have enough upgrade units to cover everyone before the upgrade cut off again. If anyone gets any information confirming anything please post it. I don't want to call and waste their time on the phone when they are this busy.
Call them, otherwise prepare to keep waiting. Squeaky wheel and all that...

RayC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The upgrade program isn't all that great it seems. Better off selling on fleabay.

Last edited:

BIGGER Dave

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The upgrade program isn't all that great it seems. Better off selling on fleabay.
I suppose it depends on your POV. I sold my Gen1 on eBay and got $250 for it, about $220 after fees. Some people may not want to deal with the hassle of selling on eBay, shipping, and the possibility the buyer may want to do a return. Trading in to V1 is quicker and easier. I sold mine on eBay but that may not be best for everyone.

Matjeu

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I called Valentine regarding the units that have already been shipped for the upgrade. A very nice person answered the phone and told me that they have received thousands of units and are still in the process of opening units that they received on Monday. It sounds like they weren’t expecting such a huge response and didn’t want to encourage any more upgrades until they get caught up. I informed her that they received my V1G1 on 7/30 and she told me that they will have the upgrade G2 hopefully sent out next week. I got the impression that they are doing there best they can based on the overwhelming response for upgrades. Admittedly... I’m impressed that an actual person answered the phone and I didn’t have to go through any phone menus. Makes me really appreciate VR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I called Valentine regarding the units that have already been shipped for the upgrade. A very nice person answered the phone and told me that they have received thousands of units and are still in the process of opening units that they received on Monday. It sounds like they weren’t expecting such a huge response and didn’t want to encourage any more upgrades until they get caught up. I informed her that they received my V1G1 on 7/30 and she told me that they will have the upgrade G2 hopefully sent out next week. I got the impression that they are doing there best they can based on the overwhelming response for upgrades. Admittedly... I’m impressed that an actual person answered the phone and I didn’t have to go through any phone menus. Makes me really appreciate VR.
That's completely understandable, a very different story from package carriers themselves being overloaded.

wayne77

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That sucks and I feel your pain. Tiss the world we live in now though, unfortunately. Hope you get it sooner rather than later.

@InsipidMonkey your're the freakin man! I've seen you offer this before. Truly awesome.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Just give it time...

Mike makes more money selling fresh units than taking upgrades... likely they’re wanting a certain ratio of both upgrades and brand new sales.

Reactions: XDA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedarkdraft