V1 Driver GPS Lockouts

cthorne

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have a V1 G1 and can't wait to get the V1 G2.
I have already installed the V1 Driver app and started reading up on both.

I know that one of the benefits of using the V1 G2 with V1 Driver is GPS lockouts.
For example, if it locks out a stationary your-speed-is sign, then a cop sets up radar next to it...
Will the V1 G2 pick up the cop or be silent because of the V1 Driver GPS lockout?

Anyone know?

Please tell me before I find out the hard way...

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The V1G2 (via app) will see cop as separate new signal and alert. It takes 3 plus runs or so to mute first one so it won’t think cop is a false

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have a V1 G1 and can't wait to get the V1 G2.
I have already installed the V1 Driver app and started reading up on both.

I know that one of the benefits of using the V1 G2 with V1 Driver is GPS lockouts.
For example, if it locks out a stationary your-speed-is sign, then a cop sets up radar next to it...
Will the V1 G2 pick up the cop or be silent because of the V1 Driver GPS lockout?

Anyone know?

Please tell me before I find out the hard way...

GPS lockouts are based on Statistics. Which you can adjust with Apps. V1Driver is not based on “runs”, it’s based on time. You need to see the alert at the same frequency on 3 separate days. The chances of a LEO being on the same frequency is low but possible. Also falses, like door openers, tend to be weaker than real Radar. So you might get alerted by LEO before you even enter the locked out region.

The alternative is getting too many alerts and you start to tune them out.

Last edited:

cthorne

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

gschaaf77

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is it possible to lockout a frequency only (WITHOUT GPS location)? During a drive from NJ to Michigan last month, we encountered about 30-40 falses on 24.16 seemingly related to 18-wheelers. (They were ALWAYS EXACTLY 24.16). Probably collision avoidance systems or something similar. It was extremely annoying to not be able to simply tell V1 to no longer tell me about 24.16 K-band occurrences. My wife was so annoyed, I ended up turning off K band all together which was not ideal.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Is it possible to lockout a frequency only (WITHOUT GPS location)? During a drive from NJ to Michigan last month, we encountered about 30-40 falses on 24.16 seemingly related to 18-wheelers. (They were ALWAYS EXACTLY 24.16). Probably collision avoidance systems or something similar. It was extremely annoying to not be able to simply tell V1 to no longer tell me about 24.16 K-band occurrences. My wife was so annoyed, I ended up turning off K band all together which was not ideal.
Yes, See Mute in Box settings.

But do you have AutoSnooze enabled? it usually handles those nicely.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Localmauythai