R7 Alerted to Laser

oversteer325

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My wife just went out to run an errand with the kids and ran into a Union County NC Sheriff Lidar training session. She said they had four deputies lined up painting cars and were actively handing out citations with chase vehicles. She didn’t remember what the lidar units looked like but she thought they had handles with vertical lenses. My son said he saw them holding binoculars so maybe TruSpeed and TruSpeed S?? She was at PSL and an oncoming car flashed its lights. I’m just disappointed I missed an actual laser alert but the results may have been different if I were behind the wheel. ;)

Last edited:

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
With that description sounds like the TS/TSS as you said.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I got a laser hit on my motorcycle (R7) recently because they have to target center mass right where my detector is.
I actually had 2 hits as I believe they got a no reading the first try or was unbelieving of my PSL rate.
I believe I will try swerving around potholes and manholes next time I see laser and make it hard to target the small bike area.
Fairly long distance shot so that didn't work in LEOs favor. :p

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife just went out to run an errand with the kids and ran into a Union County NC Sheriff Lidar training session. She said they had four deputies lined up painting cars and were actively handing out citations with chase vehicles. She didn’t remember what the lidar units looked like but she thought they had handles with vertical lenses. My son said he saw them holding binoculars so maybe TruSpeed and TruSpeed S?? She was at PSL and an oncoming car flashed its lights. I’m just disappointed I missed an actual laser alert but the results may have been different if I were behind the wheel. ;)
Yippie! Glad the R7 delivered alert. We will not know of alert was reflective and could be a save, or a direct hit. Either way, at least it is working decent.

billvp

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My R7 has definitely alerted to laser before too (I drive a car), because I saw the motorcycle cop out with the gun after the alert. A combination of the alert & trucks in the right lanes saved me because I was probably at PSL + 25. The cop was on the right shoulder.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My R7 has definitely alerted to laser before too (I drive a car), because I saw the motorcycle cop out with the gun after the alert. A combination of the alert & trucks in the right lanes saved me because I was probably at PSL + 25. The cop was on the right shoulder.
Yea, glad to hear. Mine has troubles with my Dragon Eye ECCM on. Got some hits with it off. I also saw someone else mention this too. However, glad it seems to be picking off reflective signals for you.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Greer