R7 Alerted to Laser

oversteer325

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My wife just went out to run an errand with the kids and ran into a Union County NC Sheriff Lidar training session. She said they had four deputies lined up painting cars and were actively handing out citations with chase vehicles. She didn’t remember what the lidar units looked like but she thought they had handles with vertical lenses. My son said he saw them holding binoculars so maybe TruSpeed and TruSpeed S?? She was at PSL and an oncoming car flashed its lights. I’m just disappointed I missed an actual laser alert but the results may have been different if I were behind the wheel. ;)

Last edited:

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
With that description sounds like the TS/TSS as you said.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I got a laser hit on my motorcycle (R7) recently because they have to target center mass right where my detector is.
I actually had 2 hits as I believe they got a no reading the first try or was unbelieving of my PSL rate.
I believe I will try swerving around potholes and manholes next time I see laser and make it hard to target the small bike area.
Fairly long distance shot so that didn't work in LEOs favor. :p

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife just went out to run an errand with the kids and ran into a Union County NC Sheriff Lidar training session. She said they had four deputies lined up painting cars and were actively handing out citations with chase vehicles. She didn’t remember what the lidar units looked like but she thought they had handles with vertical lenses. My son said he saw them holding binoculars so maybe TruSpeed and TruSpeed S?? She was at PSL and an oncoming car flashed its lights. I’m just disappointed I missed an actual laser alert but the results may have been different if I were behind the wheel. ;)
Yippie! Glad the R7 delivered alert. We will not know of alert was reflective and could be a save, or a direct hit. Either way, at least it is working decent.

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nitemare50