I can't believe Benzr fell off the stupid fence

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Man WTH ??

Think I'm ok. I will find out in a week I think. At least that is what they tell me. Not going to the hospital as I haven't had a Health Plan in over 20 years.

Heres what happened.

Attachments

aocsgil

"Peace Through Superior Firepower"
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Buddy!... You'll love it... I have had the V1gen2 since March and so far with no problems...Is it perfect hell No as it does have some issues / quirks like :
- Ramp up seems slower than original.
- Transition of arrows are not as smooth as Gen 1, seems to hang on longer before transitioning.
- The REAR radar detection sensitivity needs to be adjustable/programable (seems to be too strong IMO)
- Push button (power on/off) takes a little getting use to compared to the knob on Gen1.
- There does seem to be some ghosting issues (not sure what that's all about) NOT serious or consistent.
- List of problems encountered in "Gen2 List of Mechanical Issues" Thread.

None of the above mentioned quirks/issues are deal breakers and most owners including myself, believe that these issues (excluding the knob) can and will be addressed with future firmware updates. The positives and likes are too numerous to mention here... One thing that is for sure the Gen2 is KILLER on Ka 34.7 and 35.5 on or off axis! I have liked mine so well that I sold my Radenso Pro M... IMO the BSM on the Gen2 is the best on the market currently as well as non Ka falsing... This is a detector that seems to grow on you... You'll see what I mean...:p

V1 Gen2 magnet mount-3.JPGV1 Gen2 Installed-1.JPG

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light πŸ“Ά
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread is about you getting a V1 Gen 2., about your health, or about that lion harassing that sheep.... :D

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread is about you getting a V1 Gen 2., about your health, or about that lion harassing that sheep.... :D
Hahahahahahaha. L0L.

Benzr

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I knew it was just a matter of time! Once a F%^&%$# zombie, always one, myself included! As much as I loved my ole' 3.872, it wasn't in the same world as this damn thing!

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
You just saved approximately $110!!
Yup. Its been waiting in its box for 3 Long years for this upgrade. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ‘πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž
Post automatically merged:

Hey Buddy!... You'll love it... I have had the V1gen2 since March and so far with no problems...Is it perfect hell No as it does have some issues / quirks like :
- Ramp up seems slower than original.
- Transition of arrows are not as smooth as Gen 1, seems to hang on longer before transitioning.
- The REAR radar detection sensitivity needs to be adjustable/programable (seems to be too strong IMO)
- Push button (power on/off) takes a little getting use to compared to the knob on Gen1.
- There does seem to be some ghosting issues (not sure what that's all about) NOT serious or consistent.
- List of problems encountered in "Gen2 List of Mechanical Issues" Thread.

None of the above mentioned quirks/issues are deal breakers and most owners including myself, believe that these issues (excluding the knob) can and will be addressed with future firmware updates. The positives and likes are too numerous to mention here... One thing that is for sure the Gen2 is KILLER on Ka 34.7 and 35.5 on or off axis! I have liked mine so well that I sold my Radenso Pro M... IMO the BSM on the Gen2 is the best on the market currently as well as non Ka falsing... This is a detector that seems to grow on you... You'll see what I mean...:p

View attachment 155365View attachment 155366
How ya been Fred ??

Long time ...

😲😎

Benzr
Rob

Last edited:

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The V1G2 is a beast. Plain and simple. @benzr , I hope you enjoy the V1G2.

I had to read your post a couple of times at first I thought you were injured, then I figured it out. It has been a long day for me, and my brain is operating at 50%. Taking a few days off work.

I am putting my V1G2 to the test this weekend. Headed east to NC. I hope the TN Troopers and NC Troopers are out shooting radar so I can put my V1G2 to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score

I had to read your post a couple of times as first I thought you were injured, then I figured it out. It has been a long day for me, and my brain is operating at 50%. Taking a few days off work.

I am putting my V1G2 to the test this weekend. Headed east to NC. I hope the TN Troopers and NC Troopers are out shooting radar so I can put my V1G2 to the test.

GUARAN [email protected] Tee you they will be there and NC shooting that "WONDERFUL" 35.5 Ka they love so much. TN not so much they like the 34.7 Ka Stalkers. SC .... Dunno.

Have fun and test test test ... ehhhrr drive to ENJOY !!

Benzr

aocsgil

"Peace Through Superior Firepower"
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
@benzr ... Trying to stay safe and enjoying the grandkids when we have a chance to see them... Hope you and your main squeeze are alright and safe... I keep busy with my hobbys Shortwave radio and Astronomy... Keep the Faith and " Keep America Great"!

Fred

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
GUARAN [email protected] Tee you they will be there and NC shooting that "WONDERFUL" 35.5 Ka they love so much. TN not so much they like the 34.7 Ka Stalkers. SC .... Dunno.

Have fun and test test test ... ehhhrr drive to ENJOY !!

Benzr
Yeah, I have encountered some of that β€œwonderful” 35.5 in NC a while back with my R3 which did very well with it. My city’s police department uses some 35.5 (mostly C/O), and the V1G2 does very well with it, but I know I/O is the primary game in NC.

Most of what I encounter in west TN is 34.7 with the Troopers, but in the middle and eastern part of the state they mix in some laser with the 34.7 from what I hear.

Boozehound

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
THP also won't hesitate to I/O in moving mode. I haven't seen as much from them lately as I did in years past but I also haven't spent nearly enough time in TN this year. But as soon as I get done with the exes in TX...

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hahahaha! Gotcha. You'll love the Gen 2. Another disciple to the cult.
Better to be the Lion than the lamb.

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns πŸ¦„
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha! Gotcha. You'll love the Gen 2. Another disciple to the cult.
Better to be the Lion than the lamb.
He's right, @benzr.
You're gonna enjoy the g2 a lot.

It'll probably replace my r7 on the dash as my main detector once all the issues are updated out.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree @benzr ! These damn things are incredible and I'm very glad I own one and would buy it again in a second!

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a savvy shopper. :rofl:

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Such a savvy shopper. :rofl:
Such a "wordsmith" πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

:slick:

@benzr
What the hells the matter with you man?
That fence must have been pretty high, perhaps you got stabbed with a picket?
Because
NO CAPS!!!
NO COLORS!!
NO BOLD!!!!!!
NO EMOJIS!!! :D :D :D :D :cool: :p :p :p

Get well soon.....:cool:
I know i know ... withdrawls ... withdrawls ..
:pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

I had to read your post a couple of times at first I thought you were injured, then I figured it out. It has been a long day for me, and my brain is operating at 50%. Taking a few days off work.

@RoadDogg

I actually have owned 7 V1G1's to date
Father, 2 GF's, 2for me, 1 for a friend (she 😜)
And a TMF 2 updated from my older Larger One
For lil 'ole me.

NOW I'm getting yhe newest V1G2 as sn upgrade from my father's one vers 3.821. Thanks Dad (RIP)
Guess I can consider a tribute to remember him. ...
Smile. 2 BONUS'... and $110 OFF !! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Benzr

He's right, @benzr.
You're gonna enjoy the g2 a lot.

It'll probably replace my r7 on the dash as my main detector once all the issues are updated out.
@SquirrelMaster

My R3 is CHATTY ENOUGH on ATL and suburbs ... sigh ...
I can only imagine what a R7 is being it's basically 2 of 'em πŸ€“πŸ€“

STILL THE FREAKIN PERFORMANCE !! is so outstanding after I sold my 8 mo old R3 one ..
I recently rebought infiniti 's R3. The performance is really that good and R7 is touted EVEN BETTER !!

Wouldn't sell it if I was you. Ya never know when your Friend's car roadtrip snd it's the perfect choice. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ€“πŸ€“

Benzr

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Greer