CHP MVARS 95 in a 65

smear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey all,

(I did not run any CMs. Yes I have learned my lesson.)

Merged onto on-ramp on 99 North in Bakersfield because I had the keys to my buddies' fancy BMW and I was told to enjoy it. The speed just felt like nothing. I had it floored and got her up to autobahn cruise quick, headed straight for the dedicated, double partition barriers fast lane (walls on either side). Next thing I know, I am looking down at my speed (whew) and look up and it's a CHP Charger in my rearview, ON my rear bumper. Stayed behind me for miles until the barrier ended. Hell, even told me to not bother slowing down and that I was getting a ticket over the damn PA system. Said he was behind me as I merged, must have not seen him with the adrenaline goin'. he cut me a break at 95 in a 65. Method of speed measurement MVARS. Lawyered up. Ouchie.

Now, this was not my car. Did not have my detector with me, was not running Waze. But, just shows to prepared, attentive and vigilant. Not giddy like I was haha!

ILS27L

Show Me State
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love to have seen your heart rate when you looked in your rear view. :omg:
Hope it turns out well....or as well as it can be.

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Reaction score
Smear, welcome aboard !!

JayyyR

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Man that suck and I think we've all been there at least once. Hurts even worse when you're running CMs and still get nailed. I have a court date next month 5 hours away for a recent incident on my end.

smear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I would love to have seen your heart rate when you looked in your rear view. :omg:
Hope it turns out well....or as well as it can be.
In anatomy they never told me my balls can move up to my stomach
Post automatically merged:

Man that suck and I think we've all been there at least once. Hurts even worse when you're running CMs and still get nailed. I have a court date next month 5 hours away for a recent incident on my end.
Damn that is quite the drive. I would have probably hired a lawyer just for the hassle!

Ouch, sorry to hear this.
I was bummed out the day of and the owner of the bmw was smug as hell that night braggin his car was that fast without fronting the ticket lol. We go way back though so no hard feelings, and I have the faster car anyway ;)

Smear, welcome aboard !!
thank you sir! Looking to upgrade CMs soon, can't wait to hear the gurus' advice

They almost got me in the same spot back in the day. Glad to see LEO hasn't changed his spots in the intervening decades.
He treated me like complete trash too haha, maybe because the car I was in was worth more than his pretty beefy salary. Ranked real high apparently in the force:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JayyyR

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Damn that is quite the drive. I would have probably hired a lawyer just for the hassle!

Unfortunately not many lawyers in that small town handle traffic. And for what I need done I can do it 200 dollars cheaper if I just do it myself. Basically pled guilty, request court supervision and pay 300 to keep it off my record.

smear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ah yes that does make sense. I have coverage of legal fees for traffic violations through work, so that does help. Love the profile pic hahaha

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
No lawyer needed just do a article 894 , u will be all good !!! Yepp i was ticket free for 5 years then i drove my gf car bam ticket , then a sensor burnt out on my old cm bam another then coming home from dAughters wedding bam no seatbelt !!! Them ****erslove me !! But my defense is all up to date , all good again 3 years now , ive had over 200 tickets at the very least !!! I was pretty good in the court room to , if 894 dont work try 893 , hell i would ask them to drop it down to none moving and they would ask can u pay today , yepp if u drop it down to none moving and they always did but 95 i had one of those and i used 894 , i was 35 over 150$ and driving class , the next highest in court room , his fine was 650 , he shoulda did his home work !!

smear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
No lawyer needed just do a article 894 , u will be all good !!! Yepp i was ticket free for 5 years then i drove my gf car bam ticket , then a sensor burnt out on my old cm bam another then coming home from dAughters wedding bam no seatbelt !!! Them ****erslove me !! But my defense is all up to date , all good again 3 years now , ive had over 200 tickets at the very least !!! I was pretty good in the court room to , if 894 dont work try 893 , hell i would ask them to drop it down to none moving and they would ask can u pay today , yepp if u drop it down to none moving and they always did but 95 i had one of those and i used 894 , i was 35 over 150$ and driving class , the next highest in court room , his fine was 650 , he shoulda did his home work !!
Lawyer covered under my HR plan I paid for, but this is useful! Thanks!

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Even thou you have a lawyer he may not do the best thing for you so becareful and its tolate once he goes to court for you , so u may want to tell him to use the article 894 or 893 to cover your ass

smear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Even thou you have a lawyer he may not do the best thing for you so becareful and its tolate once he goes to court for you , so u may want to tell him to use the article 894 or 893 to cover your ass
We will see IIRC 894 is for pleading it down, I think he will try dismissing it first. Thanks

Yippeekyaa

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Claiming total ignorance here, what is MVARS? Thanks in advance for your reply and patience,

smear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Claiming total ignorance here, what is MVARS? Thanks in advance for your reply and patience,
Mobile Video/Audio Recording System AKA police dashcam, pretty sure he did not get me on radar as that would have been listed instead, definitely not LIDAR as he was moving. I think it is just a fancy way of saying I paced you going fast and here's the proof.

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Mobile Video/Audio Recording System AKA police dashcam, pretty sure he did not get me on radar as that would have been listed instead, definitely not LIDAR as he was moving. I think it is just a fancy way of saying I paced you going fast and here's the proof.
You can't pace someone while speeding to catch up to them. His dash camera footage may show you driving recklessly though. Tread carefully.

smear

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You can't pace someone while speeding to catch up to them. His dash camera footage may show you driving recklessly though. Tread carefully.
True by the time he was behind me though he could have paced me as I did not start slowing down until after I saw him. And while I was not weaving in and out of traffic I definitely jumped over to fast lane. oopsies. lesson learned.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon450