Request re: Hardware setting.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
One thing I would like to see in future versions of V1Driver is a setting for the V1 display (in “hardware” settings) so the V1 display turns off when a concealed display is attached, but turns on when the CD is unattached, just like the V1 does when not using V1Driver. This is more for convenience when I want to manually adjust settings on the V1. Right now, I have go into V1Driver and turn the display to “on,” and then turn the display “off” after tweaking the settings. Granted, I don’t have to touch the settings once it’s set up, but I just got my new V1G2 abs had to play with the muted volume. The volume level does display on the CD while I’m adjusting the V1, but I think it is easier to see the display on the V1 display itself, and it would be easy just to unplumbed my CD.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
You might find it easier to shut off V1 Driver, and run Valentine's V1 Connection for settings changes. Then just start V1 Driver again when you are done.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
That what I typically did with my V1G1. But there not much to set up on the V1G2. It was just the muted volume that I was tinkering with.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have not tried a CD with V1Gen2, doesn't it automatically do that.
One setting I have in V1Driver is to treat the V1Driver App being in foreground as a CD. That is, if the App is in foreground then the V1 Display goes out. If not in Foreground the V1 display goes out.
But I'm confused about your comments around setting Mute Volume and Killing V1Driver to get around it.
If you do need to disable V1Driver use the "dim" bluetooth button to disconnect and leave the app running. Do your thing in other apps then hit the bluetooth button again to reconnect. This is quicker and more reliable because V1Driver might reconnect in background if you kill it. Also I don't believe V1Driver and detect when a CD is connected.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So long as V1Driver is running, the V1 does not automatically go dark when the CD is attached. Rather, I have to turn the display on or off using V1Driver. I need to play more with the V1G2 — I have had it only briefly. But for little things like tinkering with the muted volume, I’d think it would be easiest to set levels on the V1 itself, which requires you to see the numbers on the display. I didn’t see if the volume level is displayed on the CD when it is being changed on the V1G2.

I may be replacing my old CD with SquirrelMaster’s remote display at some point, so,this may not be an issue for me much longer.

Thanks.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have not hooked up the old CD to V1G2 yet. I forget now if auto dim on the V1 when CD was plugged in was automatic, or a Setting in the V1 that needed to be enable to make it automatic. It might have been a setting.

Bloovy One

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Plugging in a factory CD (or starting the V1 with it plugged in after the boot up process) darkens the V1 entirely. Unplugging it does the reverse.

Once that's done on the factory hardware level; an app can turn the V1's display on and off at will. :) The CD never goes dark regardless of what commands are sent.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
So you’re saying you want a way to force V1 (Gen2) display on so you can adjust things like Mute Volume while the CD (Gen1) is plugged into the V1 (Gen2)?

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So you’re saying you want a way to force V1 (Gen2) display on so you can adjust things like Mute Volume while the CD (Gen1) is plugged into the V1 (Gen2)?
Right now the options are “on,” “off,” “exclusive” which turns the display off while V1Driver is running in the foreground, and “auto,” which dims the display when the V1 is muted. I confess I’ve never used “auto” or “exclusive.” What I’m suggesting is a way to let the V1 default behavior control, so that the display would turn off when a CD is connected, but turn on when the CD is disconnected, for instance when I unplug it from the RJ11 that powers it. This would make it easy to just unplug the CD if I need to make an on-the-fly adjustment.

Does this make sense? It’s a minor thing, and as I said, it likely won’t come up once the muted volume and volume are set. But on day one with the V1G2, this came up.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Right now the options are “on,” “off,” “exclusive” which turns the display off while V1Driver is running in the foreground, and “auto,” which dims the display when the V1 is muted. I confess I’ve never used “auto” or “exclusive.” What I’m suggesting is a way to let the V1 default behavior control, so that the display would turn off when a CD is connected, but turn on when the CD is disconnected, for instance when I unplug it from the RJ11 that powers it. This would make it easy to just unplug the CD if I need to make an on-the-fly adjustment.

Does this make sense? It’s a minor thing, and as I said, it likely won’t come up once the muted volume and volume are set. But on day one with the V1G2, this came up.

"On" does nothing. It does not send any Display On or Off commands out in this setting.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’ll try that settings. My recollection is that the display stayed on with the CD attached. But that is based on the V1G1. I’ll try the V1G2.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I’ll try that settings. My recollection is that the display stayed on with the CD attached. But that is based on the V1G1. I’ll try the V1G2.

I vaguely recall there was a setting on V1Gen1 to turn off V1 when CD plugged in. Not sure on Gen2.

Bloovy One

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Please re-read post #8 in this thread. Test it yourselves.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Please re-read post #8 in this thread. Test it yourselves.
Not while V1Driver is running, and it connects automatically (at least I have it set up that way). I tried it this morning. V1Driver overrides the V1G2’s settings, so if I have the display set to ‘on’ in V1Driver, it remains on when the CD is connected. If it is off, it remains off when the CD is disconnected. There does not appear to be a way to let the V1G2 default to its own display setting.

Bloovy One

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
For clarification:
I'm describing what happens hardware wise with the CD and the V1. I'm then saying that an app can override that. Perhaps we are all saying the same thing?

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
For clarification:
I'm describing what happens hardware wise with the CD and the V1. I'm then saying that an app can override that. Perhaps we are all saying the same thing?
I think so. What I was asking for was an option to NOT have V1Driver override the V1G2’s own display settings. That way I could disconnect my CD from the RJ11 if a need arises to tinker with volume, etc.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I lied, there is no setting that V1Driver doesn't "interfere" with setting the display. The help text is wrong. I will look into an option that does nothing.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks. It’s really not a crucial issue. But it would be more convenient at times.

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nitemare50