New V1G2 on its way

mikano

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So then I decided to send in my V1 for the New V1G2 upgrade. After hearing the early problems with the New V1G2 I needed to wait a bit more. I'm going to miss the V1 , I owned this unit for a number of years without a problem, and saved me tons of tickets.

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to let go of my V1. I suppose when I pull the trigger I'll have have two. They can both duke it out for the spot on my windsh8eld.

mikano

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to let go of my V1. I suppose when I pull the trigger I'll have have two. They can both duke it out for the spot on my windsh8eld.
If I was to do it again , I'd hold on to the V1 just in case there's a problem. Or not happy with the new one.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just got my V1G2 this afternoon. I opted to sell my V1G1 on eBay rather than trade it in. I posted it, and within 2 minutes, literally, it was purchased for $250. I’m not sure I’ll be able to tell if there’s a difference in performance, so I’ll trust Vortex and everyone here when they say the range is improved. I also need to figure out if I’ll use Logic or Advance Logic mode. I always used custom sweeps on my V1G1.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the new CD looks like. I’m using my old FCD-modified CD for now. The squirrelmaster CD looks really interesting, but I like to mount my CD on top of the steering column where I can see it and I like being able to hit the mute button on the CD by reaching through the steering wheel. I’m not sure that option would work with the SM CD. I also sold my BLE module thinking I wouldn’t need it any longer. I’m told I’d need it to run the SM CD. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mikano

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just got my V1G2 this afternoon. I opted to sell my V1G1 on eBay rather than trade it in. I posted it, and within 2 minutes, literally, it was purchased for $250. I’m not sure I’ll be able to tell if there’s a difference in performance, so I’ll trust Vortex and everyone here when they say the range is improved. I also need to figure out if I’ll use Logic or Advance Logic mode. I always used custom sweeps on my V1G1.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the new CD looks like. I’m using my old FCD-modified CD for now. The squirrelmaster CD looks really interesting, but I like to mount my CD on top of the steering column where I can see it and I like being able to hit the mute button on the CD by reaching through the steering wheel. I’m not sure that option would work with the SM CD. I also sold my BLE module thinking I wouldn’t need it any longer. I’m told I’d need it to run the SM CD. Oh well.

I have learned a lot on this site over the years, on and off. And Watch videos from Vortex youtube channel. Helps

Delta9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I also sold my BLE module thinking I wouldn’t need it any longer. I’m told I’d need it to run the SM CD. Oh well.
Based on what I've read, the SM CD will connect fine to the V1g2's BT. You only need need the extra BT module if you want to use JBV1 or V1Driver + SMCD at the same time. Only one device can be connected to the internal V1g2 BT, so in order to do both you need a second BT source.

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Just got my V1G2 this afternoon. I opted to sell my V1G1 on eBay rather than trade it in. I posted it, and within 2 minutes, literally, it was purchased for $250. I’m not sure I’ll be able to tell if there’s a difference in performance, so I’ll trust Vortex and everyone here when they say the range is improved.

There definitely seems to be a significant difference in performance on my V1G2 vs the my V1G1 that I used to have several years ago. Hopefully, you will not be disappointed.

My V1G2 is what I like to call a “refined beast”. It offers very good BSM filtering and is refined and pleasant to use (IMO), but when it comes to sniffing out weak and off axis signals, the V1G2 is a beast. Sort of like my R3, but the BSM filtering is better on the V1G2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hacker

Fat dumb & stupid is no way to go through life son
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??
There definitely seems to be a significant difference in performance on my V1G2 vs the my V1G1 that I used to have several years ago. Hopefully, you will not be disappointed.

My V1G2 is what I like to call a “refined beast”. It offers very good BSM filtering and is refined and pleasant to use (IMO), but when it comes to sniffing out weak and off axis signals, the V1G2 is a beast. Sort of like my R3, but the BSM filtering is better on the V1G2.

I'm still waiting for that moment. I LOVE my R3. That thing is a beast. Not going to sell it, because it's going to be my backup. I can't wait to get JBV1 set the way I want it.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my R1's and Redline-O's as well! I also loved my V1G1, but the V1G2 is a whole different experience! Sooner or later you'll get one of those off axis 34.7 or 35.5 alerts that you won't believe! Then you'll truly get it!

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for that moment. I LOVE my R3. That thing is a beast. Not going to sell it, because it's going to be my backup. I can't wait to get JBV1 set the way I want it.
I had two R3’s at one point, and I sold one before I bought my Max360c. I regret selling that R3, but I am definitely going to keep my remaining R3 because it is still a beast. I have just gotten used to using my arrows again with the Max360c and V1G2, and I love having that situational awareness, but I still love running the R3.

My wife normally runs the R3 in her Jeep Wrangler with BSM when she travels. When she lets me drive it, I normally use the R3, V1G2, and occasionally the CR97 if the top is off the Jeep. I can’t run the Max360c in it as the rear antenna occasionally falses to the BSM, but my V1G2 BSM filtering is better than the Max360c. No issues with the R3 or CR97 in her vehicle.

I love my R1's and Redline-O's as well! I also loved my V1G1, but the V1G2 is a whole different experience! Sooner or later you'll get one of those off axis 34.7 or 35.5 alerts that you won't believe! Then you'll truly get it!
@Kennyc56 is right about those crazy awesome off axis 34.7 and 35.5 moments. Get some driving time with the V1G2 and hopefully you will experience those “WOW” moments like the R1/R3 have provided us.

Last edited:

Hacker

Fat dumb & stupid is no way to go through life son
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??
I had two R3’s at one point, and I sold one before I bought my Max360c. I regret selling that R3, but I am definitely going to keep my remaining R3 because it is still a beast. I have just gotten used to using my arrows again with the Max360c and V1G2, and I love having that situational awareness, but I still love running the R3.

My wife normally runs the R3 in her Jeep Wrangler with BSM when she travels. When she lets me drive it, I normally use the R3, V1G2, and occasionally the CR97 if the top is off the Jeep. I can’t run the Max360c in it as the rear antenna occasionally falses to the BSM, but my V1G2 BSM filtering is better than the Max360c. No issues with the R3 or CR97 in her vehicle.

@Kennyc56 is right about those crazy awesome off axis 34.7 and 35.5 moments. Get some driving time with the V1G2 and hopefully you will experience those “WOW” moments like the R1/R3 have provided us.

Are you running JBV1 or V1Driver? The videos Vortex did are a FANTASTIC way to dive into the JBV1 app.

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you running JBV1 or V1Driver? The videos Vortex did are a FANTASTIC way to dive into the JBV1 app.
The V1 Connection app and V1 Driver. Mostly V1 Driver as an I-phone user, but I have, and I am currently contemplating getting an Android phone solely for JBV1.

I switched to Android after my I-phone 3 died, but I went back to the I-phone when they started making I-phones with bigger screens for my aging eyes.

mikano

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The V1 Connection app and V1 Driver. Mostly V1 Driver as an I-phone user, but I have, and I am currently contemplating getting an Android phone solely for JBV1.

I switched to Android after my I-phone 3 died, but I went back to the I-phone when they started making I-phones with bigger screens for my aging eyes.

I have an IPhone, will probably test it before using the V1 Driver.
Post automatically merged:

I always used Advance L since I live in the metro area but only used the old V1 when hitting the HWY. Longisland , Westchester then When going to Jersey I'll leave it in A mode because they do used K band out there. looking forward to playing around with the V1G2 soon, not sure about the entering the Sweeps if need to. Should work perfect right out of the box!

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

throw a cat in the air it always lands on its feet
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just got my V1G2 this afternoon. I opted to sell my V1G1 on eBay rather than trade it in. I posted it, and within 2 minutes, literally, it was purchased for $250. I’m not sure I’ll be able to tell if there’s a difference in performance, so I’ll trust Vortex and everyone here when they say the range is improved.
Have you seen the testing results, charts and graphs? That show the G2 outperforms the G1 at least on Ka?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lrhoneybadger