Benefits of Radenso’s AI

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not AI but helps provide the range AI can take advantage off.
The high quality components Theia will have lowers the noise floor more than any other current detector, allowing a clean look at signals, for more sensitivity.
With AI able to expand on the "picture" even into the noise floor somewhat, the two will combine for the OBSCENE range mentioned.
We will all be going so slow for so long before we see the LEOs many may get labelled LLH or grannies by other drivers.

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
We will all be going so slow for so long before we see the LEOs many may get labelled LLH or grannies by other drivers.

While Theia will may indeed have the obscene range that has been mentioned, we must keep in mind that a patient LEO using selective IO can defeat any radar detector. There are of course sloppy operators who trigger the gun so much that they may as well be shooting CO. And then there are "in the middle" LEOs which hopefully Theia's range and IO Scout will sniff out.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I read a while back that Highway Radar hopes to tap into the open API and integrate the way JBV1 does with the V1. If this happens, what would they report and record? What I mean is, I thought frequency was not the factor for detection but instead signature of the signal. When the alert happens what will it report and what would an app like HR show. Also, will you have your own app that collects the signals you have not seen?

Will the AI learn independently over time or will it require updates from corporate to learn? Maybe you can include a SIM slot so I can give it LTE access to report home.

Signal Environment

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
While Theia will may indeed have the obscene range that has been mentioned, we must keep in mind that a patient LEO using selective IO can defeat any radar detector. There are of course sloppy operators who trigger the gun so much that they may as well be shooting CO. And then there are "in the middle" LEOs which hopefully Theia's range and IO Scout will sniff out.

A good point to remember. No matter how good your CMs, if you speed too recklessly you'll eventually get tagged one way or the other.

The good news is, if there's an I/O operator who is being incredibly choosy about which cars he targets, all you have to do is blend in enough to not be one of those cars. Run a mental traffic density/rabbit presence/terrain/detector range/etc algorithm and set speed accordingly.

Token

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The good news is, if there's an I/O operator who is being incredibly choosy about which cars he targets, all you have to do is blend in enough to not be one of those cars. Run a mental traffic density/rabbit presence/terrain/detector range/etc algorithm and set speed accordingly.

The nail that sticks up gets hammered down. Don't be the only nail that gets seen, or the most noticeable one, or the tallest in a group of nails. In other words, think.

If you are 20+ over the rest of traffic, hanging out in the left lane, and cannot see several miles ahead, you are asking to pay a speed tax.

T!

Boozehound

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The nail that sticks up gets hammered down. Don't be the only nail that gets seen, or the most noticeable one, or the tallest in a group of nails. In other words, think.

If you are 20+ over the rest of traffic, hanging out in the left lane, and cannot see several miles ahead, you are asking to pay a speed tax.

T!

Insisting on being way over the herd and obviously in wretched excess visually without getting caught is the art. It's risky but fun. Obscene range can only help but what exactly is obscene? @DC Fluid I can't clearly define obscene but I'll know it when I see it- US Supreme Court, loosely, a long time ago.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Insisting on being way over the herd and obviously in wretched excess visually without getting caught is the art. It's risky but fun. Obscene range can only help but what exactly is obscene? @DC Fluid I can't clearly define obscene but I'll know it when I see it- US Supreme Court, loosely, a long time ago.
72244517-917D-4D1E-8E6B-BF6F3B8DC357.jpeg

Obscene range. Nuff said.

Token

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Sure, and that is what I meant about thinking. Being well over the PSL and just bobbing along to the tunes on the radio (sorry, showing my OK Boomer age there) without a care in the world means your speed tax is coming due. But good investments, sound strategy, and making informed decisions, can reduce your tax rate.

As for obscene range, the problem is the definition of obscenity keeps shifting and changing. What was considered obscene in the past is now ho-hum, what might be obscene tomorrow will probably be grade school stuff at some time in the future. Adequate yesterday is below average tomorrow. How deep into the hole you can go with this changes with time, typically technologies get deeper and wider the more they mature. In the past the ability to reliably handle a single target at one time was good, now the top end units, the stars of the show, can take 4 at a time and still work their magic. Two radars, one detector, is mundane today.

We can always use more obscenity. Errr....we are talking about radar detector range and capability here, right?

T!

Blasirl

Bring Order to Chaos
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
America's Dairyland - Smell our Dairy Air!
The problem with an extreme range is determining how far are you from the source. Will Theia give any indication of distance or is the strength meter different for each encounter leaving no real way to compare?

Obscenity - Wikipedia
An obscenity is any utterance or act that strongly offends the prevalent morality of the time. ... Because the determination of what is obscene (offensive) is ultimately a personal preference, alleged violations of obscenity law are not actionable ...

obscene - Cambridge Dictionary
offensive, rude, or shocking, usually because of being too obviously related to sex or showing sex
or

offensive, rude, or disgusting according to accepted moral standards

Obscene - Merriam-Webster
1: disgusting to the senses : REPULSIVE
2a: abhorrent to morality or virtue specifically : designed to incite to lust or depravity
b: containing or being language regarded as taboo in polite usage
c: repulsive by reason of crass disregard of moral or ethical principles
d: so excessive as to be offensive

Attachments

• 1595715712019.gif
    1595715712019.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 50

Token

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The problem with an extreme range is determining how far are you from the source. Will Theia give any indication of distance or is the strength meter different for each encounter leaving no real way to compare?

As has been said a few times, there is no real way to estimate range, even relative range, in a single point receive only scenario. There are just too many variables that are beyond your control or ability to assess.

Given the choice of two detectors, equal in all ways except range, the one with the longer range is always the one I will select. The more sensitive the receiver the more likely you are to catch things like that radar that is over the hill, or the instant on that pings someone 3 miles ahead of you.

You can always have settings to turn down the sensitivity, such as city modes, but if you don't have the sensitivity to start with you are starting at a disadvantage.

T!

Last edited:

Exadata

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What does QT mean/stand for?

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
As has been said a few times, there is no real way to estimate range, even relative range, in a single point receive only scenario.
Questions about determining range is what I call a Theia Cicada Question, except is recurs every 13 and 17 days, instead of 13 and 17 years. :) Fortunately, the answer doesn't change - there is no way a radar detector can determine the distance to the source of the radar signal.

Last edited:

Exadata

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
View attachment 154884

Obscene range. Nuff said.

"I'm an artificial intelligence electronic warfare platform" Will Theia come with mounting and control hardware for a AGM-88 HARM missile setup? Could you include one free AGM-88 with purchase?

racerx1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's an abbreviation for Quick Trigger.

Learn something new every day -- Thank you. Think I spend too much time (at work) with communication code and data buffers...

Last edited by a moderator:

aim4squirrels

Currently edging... Coming soon!
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Last edited:

VideosFromNH

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Obscene range is a range that hangs out in the red light district. Or, in this case, the red light camera district.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude