G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Signal Environment

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
To the great surprise of...[looks around the room]...absolutely f*cking nobody. ;)

Nice to have it officially recognized nonetheless.

F15

No radar/lidar tickets, 25+ years
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

DU5T3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The governor of Texas outlawed red light cameras about a year ago in his state. I'm thankful for that, because I had to drive through several of those intersections on a regular basis. Same theory applies for the speed cameras. It has nothing to do with safety. It has always been nothing more than a cash grab by city governments.

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The governor of Texas outlawed red light cameras about a year ago in his state.
Kind of. No new contracts or extensions of existing contracts are permitted, and any teeth the citations had were removed, but they’re still running existing red light cams and still trying to intimidate people into forking over cash unnecessarily. Just a few days ago I came to a stop at a red light (only one at the intersection) and saw the telltale white flash of the camera, and I’ve seen it go off on other drivers, too. I haven’t received anything in the mail yet, but I’m happy to chunk it in the recycle bin as soon as I get it. Red light cams in Balcones Heights are so overly sensitive that they will flash inappropriately. Together with cutting the yellow light as short as possible, they’ve hoped to bring in a bunch of extra cash. It’s infuriating.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrGuy58