R1 - Continued firmware support? Best version?

CentralMO

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just ordered R1 from Sams Club, and it occurred (as usual after I ordered) to me that this model is getting long in the tooth. How much longer is it expected that Uniden will support with updated firmware? Is there a version preference when I do the update? Seems like general opinions are decent of most recent, 1.53, but I'll be counting on the RD during a long road trip soon and wont have too much time to get comfortable with it or to play with versions. Thanks for the help!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just ordered R1 from Sams Club, and it occurred (as usual after I ordered) to me that this model is getting long in the tooth. How much longer is it expected that Uniden will support with updated firmware? Is there a version preference when I do the update? Seems like general opinions are decent of most recent, 1.53, but I'll be counting on the RD during a long road trip soon and wont have too much time to get comfortable with it or to play with versions. Thanks for the help!
Long in the tooth or not the R1 is still a great detector! I have 5 of them and they are no nonsense killers! I'm still running 1.50 in all 5 and they all work so good that I'm not changing to 1.53.

Last edited:

CentralMO

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks, Kenny - I have heard great things which is why I went with it! What firmware version are you running?

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks, Kenny - I have heard great things which is why I went with it! What firmware version are you running?
!.50 in all 5 of them.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Updates have definitely slowed down for sure, but there's a new update in the works. I have no idea when it'll be released.

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Updates have definitely slowed down for sure, but there's a new update in the works. I have no idea when it'll be released.

Do you know, or are allowed to say, if the new firmware is supposed to improve their K band falsing? I ended up buying a V1G2 and even without an app it seems quieter than my R7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Do you know, or are allowed to say, if the new firmware is supposed to improve their K band falsing? I ended up buying a V1G2 and even without an app it seems quieter than my R7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not restricted from saying anything. I just have found that it causes more problems than it solves to share what’s in the works, that’s all.

That said, if you’re wanting better BSM filtering, going for something like a V1 Gen2 is a great idea.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jromjr