macOS and updates

apple2gs

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I fully understand there is a so-so tool that lets you update the the various RD's firmware. I also sadly understand that none of the Uniden RDs are actually made by, or anything by Uniden. But you would think that Uniden could remind the software creators that the World is not just a Microsoft Windows platform. There are many MANY macOS users out here. The software given is mediocre at best, on both platforms. Works 50/50 at best on macOS. To tell macOS users to find a Windows platform to update is BS. If the Uniden representative is reading, get off your derrière, and have Uniden push for a 100% macOS firmware updater, that works 100% of the time. Uniden can at least do that.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
And they should be prepared to do this again when Apple is off of Intel CPUs too.

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I actually used to own a Mac (Mac Mini 2020) before returning it last week. The primary reason was the lack of support for some applications that I use for work. It would also be a hit or a miss when it works or not. I actually just ordered the 10th gen of intel for a gaming/workstation PC. Primarily for work of course, but gaming when possible!

apple2gs

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

STS-134

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
But you would think that Uniden could remind the software creators that the World is not just a Microsoft Windows platform. There are many MANY macOS users out here. The software given is mediocre at best, on both platforms. Works 50/50 at best on macOS. To tell macOS users to find a Windows platform to update is BS.
You should see what's available for people who run Linux. Support is much, much worse than it is for MacOS. In any case, this is what virtual machines are for.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You should see what's available for people who run Linux. Support is much, much worse than it is for MacOS. In any case, this is what virtual machines are for.

Linux is soooo much better and can run almost anything that is designed for other OS platforms.

Nothing beats having to use command line prompts to make everything work.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jromjr