R7 GPS problem?

aquarianuw

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just received my brand new R7 last week and am loving it! Today, however, I experienced a very interesting phenomenon with the unit. Upon starting the car in the afternoon from work, the GPS connected as usual. While driving I noticed that the altitude was wrong as it was negative. I then came across a speed trap that I know very well about and the R7 gave me an alert, even though it was already locked out. I then realized that the R7's GPS was just wrong and according to the radar detector, I was in the water. I immediately restarted the unit and the altitude became correct.

Anyone else experience the same problem? My firmware is 1.29.

LegaZ88Z

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have not experienced directly the same issue. But, have had it not connect right until a restart. Is your unit mounted up tight near the roof of your vehicle?

aquarianuw

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have not experienced directly the same issue. But, have had it not connect right until a restart. Is your unit mounted up tight near the roof of your vehicle?
yeah it’s mounted high near the edge of the windshield. My R3 never had this “problem” for the past couple of years mounted at the same spot...

LegaZ88Z

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine either. But i have noticed occasionally the r7 will. It must have something to do with where the gps is located.
Post automatically merged:

For comparison. My M360 would never connect in the same spot. I had to run it lower on the windshield to get a gps signal.

highwayman

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've never had that problem and although mine is mounted fairly high on the windshield it's not all the way to the top.

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joeziggy