First Drive With My New Redline 360C

tbny025

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I had a first drive with my new redline 360c in NYC area (Queens and Brooklyn) over the weekend. I did fully update my detector version 1.3. In the menu, I set everything on for my detector, I just don't know what's the best option in terms of setting up my detector for optimal performance.
I had hit first 2 KA bands(34.705 and 34.663) when I was traveling Belt Parkway in Brooklyn toward JFK airport. The detector initially shows both KA bands on and off about 1 minutes as I drove slowly in heavy traffic toward the source. I think this on and off behavior maybe caused by the heavy traffic on the Parkway. As I getting close to the source the band signal starts getting consistently stronger; however the arrow seems a little lag(about 5 seconds delay) when flip from front to sides then to back when I passed the source. I hope the next updates can fix this issue.
For false alerts BSM filtering, I did turn on K Notch on my detector. Overall, it is very quite, although it still triggering some false alerts mostly are Honda vetches passed by me and some malls as I drove by.
I turned on the MRCD/CT, when I drove alone local streets in the neighborhood, the detector almost alert multi radar full blast in every large intersection especially Northern Blvd as I drove by. This kind of really annoying. I don't know how may of them are real and how many are false alerts, I know the city installed a lot of red light and speed cameras throughout all five boroughs with many more will be installed in the future. The detector's database did really good in alert for red light cameras and speed cameras. This is very helpful especially if you drive in NYC.
Overall, the detector performing really good. It has good long range, good BSM false alerts filtering, gps auto lockout, easy to use just plug and play. the only downside is the price too high.

Revglent

The Rollin Reverend
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a first drive with my new redline 360c in NYC area (Queens and Brooklyn) over the weekend. I did fully update my detector version 1.3. In the menu, I set everything on for my detector, I just don't know what's the best option in terms of setting up my detector for optimal performance.
I had hit first 2 KA bands(34.705 and 34.663) when I was traveling Belt Parkway in Brooklyn toward JFK airport. The detector initially shows both KA bands on and off about 1 minutes as I drove slowly in heavy traffic toward the source. I think this on and off behavior maybe caused by the heavy traffic on the Parkway. As I getting close to the source the band signal starts getting consistently stronger; however the arrow seems a little lag(about 5 seconds delay) when flip from front to sides then to back when I passed the source. I hope the next updates can fix this issue.
For false alerts BSM filtering, I did turn on K Notch on my detector. Overall, it is very quite, although it still triggering some false alerts mostly are Honda vetches passed by me and some malls as I drove by.
I turned on the MRCD/CT, when I drove alone local streets in the neighborhood, the detector almost alert multi radar full blast in every large intersection especially Northern Blvd as I drove by. This kind of really annoying. I don't know how may of them are real and how many are false alerts, I know the city installed a lot of red light and speed cameras throughout all five boroughs with many more will be installed in the future. The detector's database did really good in alert for red light cameras and speed cameras. This is very helpful especially if you drive in NYC.
Overall, the detector performing really good. It has good long range, good BSM false alerts filtering, gps auto lockout, easy to use just plug and play. the only downside is the price too high.
Thanks for the review and welcome to the forum.
Post automatically merged:

Thank u for the review , looking forward to more
@Bossdad71 how's it going? Hope you and yours are safe.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Greer