How much will Theia weigh?

billvp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
There's not a final version as far as I know, but there is probably a pretty good idea about its weight. It's around the size of a max360, but is it substantially heavier due to better components?

I've watched all the Radenso videos (and read the FAQ) and I don't recall if this was mentioned.

I think it is the weight of detectors like the max360 which makes their windshield suction cups fall off in the summer heat. The R7 is really light (and yes, kind of cheap feeling when using manual lockouts) where I haven't had that happen with the single cup.

I'm actually surprised that my max360 never broke from falling off the windshield. As detectors get more expensive, that concern grows.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Good question. We currently anticipate the detector actually weighing less than the R360C even though it's a bit longer. The horn is the heaviest part and we are using a magnesium alloy which is substantially lighter than the usual pot metal or aluminum. It will be somewhere between 300-350g most likely. If we used a pot metal horn it would be heavier than the R360C.

Too3zln

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just wondering. Of what alloy are the sp/xp pro m horns made? Is there a benefit of one alloy over the other? If this is too off topic I apologize.

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just wondering. Of what alloy are the sp/xp pro m horns made? Is there a benefit of one alloy over the other? If this is too off topic I apologize.
As the current Radenso team was not involved in the production on those detectors, I'd wager it's pot metal.

fishing66

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
If Theia weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore?

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Therefore Theia musty be able to float, and consequently must be a witch.

T!
Well since witches (Theia) can see things that mere mortals (our current RD's) can't, she's one witch I will gladly hang on my windshield.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
So now we hang witches from windshields? Lol

Just in case nobody caught it, we kind of have some rough dimensions on this thing via Jon’s post. We know it’ll be slightly longer than the R360C. 😉🤫

If any of you saw the video of the display and knob demo.... plot twist to that, the black box on the table wasn’t a battery pack. That’s was Theia!!! J/K, but the dimensions will probably be close to that or smaller. 🤔

Last edited:

natedog7700

PSL + whatever i feel like
Beginner User
Reaction score
So now we hang witches from windshields? Lol

Just in case nobody caught it, we kind of have some rough dimensions on this thing via Jon’s post. We know it’ll be slightly longer than the R360C. 😉🤫

If any of you saw the video of the display and knob demo.... plot twist to that, the black box on the table wasn’t a battery pack. That’s was Theia!!! J/K, but the dimensions will probably be close to that or smaller. 🤔

Hes already stated comparisons of dimensions in other posts.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Good question. We currently anticipate the detector actually weighing less than the R360C even though it's a bit longer. The horn is the heaviest part and we are using a magnesium alloy which is substantially lighter than the usual pot metal or aluminum. It will be somewhere between 300-350g most likely. If we used a pot metal horn it would be heavier than the R360C.
Jon, how will this detector be powered? I think you said it will not use a standard power plug.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
USB C

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Jon, how will this detector be powered? I think you said it will not use a standard power plug.
It's going to be USB type C, 5 volt. Both the cigar lighter and hardwire adapter will have built in voltage step-down converters.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

Be sure to check our Theia FAQ, we answer that there as well

bluehemi

4 more years 🤣
Advanced User
Reaction score
Will a carbon fiber case be made available?

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Will a carbon fiber case be made available?

Nope.

You could do the fake carbon fiber ricer vinyl on it but that would be sad.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyc31