Setting up with V1 Connection, but running daily with V1 Driver

hawkeye1680

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm coming from a Uniden R3. I'm making the switch, primarily because of bluetooth/app capability. Here's my questions...
  1. If I get initial settings adjusted in V1 Connection and pushed to the V1G2, will those settings still work when using V1 Driver? Or will V1 Driver take over all settings of the V1?
  2. I know V1 Driver does a good job of automatically connecting when powered on. Does V1 Connection automatically connect, or will it only connect on app launch?
  3. My overall thought is to use V1 Connection to get the V1G2 set up, and V1 Driver for GPS capability. I'm not really interested in seeing the app work, but rather having it work in the background.
I love the "out of the box" experience that Uniden offers. Having it work with an app in the background is totally fine with me. I'm just wondering if doing an initial setup with V1 Connection is futile.
Post automatically merged:

Also forgot to ask.... Is there a way to mute the speaker on the V1G2 and have the sounds only go through an app?

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
  1. If I get initial settings adjusted in V1 Connection and pushed to the V1G2, will those settings still work when using V1 Driver? Or will V1 Driver take over all settings of the V1?
  2. I know V1 Driver does a good job of automatically connecting when powered on. Does V1 Connection automatically connect, or will it only connect on app launch?
  3. My overall thought is to use V1 Connection to get the V1G2 set up, and V1 Driver for GPS capability. I'm not really interested in seeing the app work, but rather having it work in the background.
I love the "out of the box" experience that Uniden offers. Having it work with an app in the background is totally fine with me. I'm just wondering if doing an initial setup with V1 Connection is futile.
Post automatically merged:

Also forgot to ask.... Is there a way to mute the speaker on the V1G2 and have the sounds only go through an app?

I'm not a V1 Driver person, but maybe this will help:

1) You have to configure with V1 Connection first. V1 Driver doesn't change V1's settings.
2) I actually don't know. Haven't used V1 Connection in that way.
3) That's the way it needs to be. Configure your profile with V1 Connection, let V1 Driver handle the muting.

Extra Credit) Turn the main volume down on the V1. :D

hawkeye1680

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm not a V1 Driver person, but maybe this will help:

1) You have to configure with V1 Connection first. V1 Driver doesn't change V1's settings.
2) I actually don't know. Haven't used V1 Connection in that way.
3) That's the way it needs to be. Configure your profile with V1 Connection, let V1 Driver handle the muting.

Extra Credit) Turn the main volume down on the V1. :D

So I can turn the volume down on the physical hardware, both main and muted volume levels, and that won’t mess with the app volumes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You only need to turn down the main volume. The Mute volume is tied to the main volume. It won't affect what the app does.

hawkeye1680

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You only need to turn down the main volume. The Mute volume is tied to the main volume. It won't affect what the app does.

Thanks so much!!! The V1G2 is due to be delivered Thursday. Thanks again for the help.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hopefully George (V1Driver) will see this and respond. When I had my v1 before I used his app as I am an iPhone guy, and it worked great.

hawkeye1680

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hopefully George (V1Driver) will see this and respond. When I had my v1 before I used his app as I am an iPhone guy, and it worked great.

I’ve always been an iPhone guy, too. I switched to Android with the recent release of the Google Pixel 4 XL. I really loved it, but almost all of my friends use iPhone and I missed iMessage. And with my current setup on my motorcycle, I needed navigation to broadcast in my helmet as a “phone call.” The option is available only on iPhone. So I switched back.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BloodGang92