2021 Ford Bronco

Exadata

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hopefully, Ford gets their act together for the Bronco.

My Uncle bought a fully loaded 2020 Ford Explorer and it’s got a lot of problems with about 6k miles as of now). I drove it recently and backing out of a parking spot, the transmission did not engage when put into reverse. Had to put it back into P then into R and it engaged. It’s currently standing in on 11 recalls. Due to this insanity, I’d totally hold off on a Bronco (if I was interested in the first place) and wait a model year or two in case anything comes up they can work out the kinks in future models.

Here is the link for the recalls and complaints:

Here's a screenshot of just a few:

1617199402209.png

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hopefully, Ford gets their act together for the Bronco.

My Uncle bought a fully loaded 2020 Ford Explorer and it’s got a lot of problems with about 6k miles as of now). I drove it recently and backing out of a parking spot, the transmission did not engage when put into reverse. Had to put it back into P then into R and it engaged. It’s currently standing in on 11 recalls. Due to this insanity, I’d totally hold off on a Bronco (if I was interested in the first place) and wait a model year or two in case anything comes up they can work out the kinks in future models.

Here is the link for the recalls and complaints:

Here's a screenshot of just a few:

View attachment 176126

Ford kept making things “late availability or ‘22” that I pushed my reservation to a ‘22 model. I may not even do that.

frank od5

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been seeing them around town here.Not bad looking. Hopefully there will be no quality issues at launch

STS-134

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I dont think OJ will be getting out anytime soon to ruin this one.

Will succeed :
Only if it comes with a glove that doesn’t fit , and a Kardashian. Preferably a young, hot, female, Kardashian... not the mom or dad .... or Bruce (although he’s a Jenner)

Frank DeLima - "I Swear" (parody of All-4-One song of the same name)

It's too bad the album that this song comes from, by Hawaiian comedian/musician Frank DeLima, is apparently out of print. New copies are going for over $50 on eBay and Amazon has only one new copy at the highly marked up price of almost $50. And I literally couldn't find a copy of this song anywhere on the internet so I had to dig up the CD.

Last edited:

Exadata

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Grab one now! Given supply and demand (they are backed up for two years with orders) this is actually not that bad of a deal.

It’s ebay so, buyer beware of scams.

Last edited:

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, my wife told me a while back she wants a Jeep just for fun. I reminded her we don’t have a 3-car garage, and a decent condition 15+ year old LJ with a hard top goes for way too much money (often $20k sometimes more). So if she wants a Jeep it needs to be her daily driver. She said she didn’t think she wanted that. While in Hawaii for our anniversary a couple months ago, I rented a brand new 2-door JL Wrangler that we drove all over Oahu. She enjoyed the open top experience but found the cabin cramped and the ride choppy and was disappointed with the lack of creature comforts like keyless entry/locking, adaptive cruise, really anything other than CarPlay and air conditioning. I showed her the new Bronco and suggested it might be a better option.

A local Ford dealer finally got a demo Bronco that just recently, a 4-door Wildtrack in Cyber Orange and a soft top (not how you can get it otherwise) with the 2.7L TT V6. We drove it about a week ago, and she decided she wanted one after all. I was impressed with the comfort and road manners. I found myself wishing that engine was the 3.5L EcoBoost, though. Even with the rear mounted spare it’s about 1/2” shorter nose to tail than her Passat, which was important for garage configuration considerations.

So we have “reserved” one and put in the refundable $100 with the presumption being we’ll be able to “order” one at some point. Looking at a 4-door Carbonized Gray metallic Outer Banks with a hard top, Lux Package, Roast/Onyx leather, automatic 4WD, selectable rear locker, and the towing package (just a hitch and hookups). It comes in at an eye-watering $54,640 MSRP including destination and such and really an out the door price of $58,545.91 all-in after fees and TTL.

Good gravy. Is she sure she doesn’t just want a Q7? Yeesh. Oh well, just waiting for the order confirmation number from Ford.

They’re guessing it could easily push to later 2022 or even 2023 before we could expect delivery. That’s fine by me, as I don’t have to pay for it until then, and we’re hoping they’ll maybe tweak a couple of things for the 2022 or 2023 model year anyway, like memory seats, use your phone as a key, more paint colors (that Lightning Blue Metallic shouldn’t be limited to the First Edition, maybe a Grabber Blue) and better engine option like a 3.5L EcoBoost or even a PHEV version that would add even more weight to an already pig-heavy vehicle. But at least by then the early-production bugs will have been worked out and the hard top will maybe not creak and pop as much, etc. But at least it’ll have wireless CarPlay! :)

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, my wife told me a while back she wants a Jeep just for fun. I reminded her we don’t have a 3-car garage, and a decent condition 15+ year old LJ with a hard top goes for way too much money (often $20k sometimes more). So if she wants a Jeep it needs to be her daily driver. She said she didn’t think she wanted that. While in Hawaii for our anniversary a couple months ago, I rented a brand new 2-door JL Wrangler that we drove all over Oahu. She enjoyed the open top experience but found the cabin cramped and the ride choppy and was disappointed with the lack of creature comforts like keyless entry/locking, adaptive cruise, really anything other than CarPlay and air conditioning. I showed her the new Bronco and suggested it might be a better option.

A local Ford dealer finally got a demo Bronco that just recently, a 4-door Wildtrack in Cyber Orange and a soft top (not how you can get it otherwise) with the 2.7L TT V6. We drove it about a week ago, and she decided she wanted one after all. I was impressed with the comfort and road manners. I found myself wishing that engine was the 3.5L EcoBoost, though. Even with the rear mounted spare it’s about 1/2” shorter nose to tail than her Passat, which was important for garage configuration considerations.

So we have “reserved” one and put in the refundable $100 with the presumption being we’ll be able to “order” one at some point. Looking at a 4-door Carbonized Gray metallic Outer Banks with a hard top, Lux Package, Roast/Onyx leather, automatic 4WD, selectable rear locker, and the towing package (just a hitch and hookups). It comes in at an eye-watering $54,640 MSRP including destination and such and really an out the door price of $58,545.91 all-in after fees and TTL.

Good gravy. Is she sure she doesn’t just want a Q7? Yeesh. Oh well, just waiting for the order confirmation number from Ford.

They’re guessing it could easily push to later 2022 or even 2023 before we could expect delivery. That’s fine by me, as I don’t have to pay for it until then, and we’re hoping they’ll maybe tweak a couple of things for the 2022 or 2023 model year anyway, like memory seats, use your phone as a key, more paint colors (that Lightning Blue Metallic shouldn’t be limited to the First Edition, maybe a Grabber Blue) and better engine option like a 3.5L EcoBoost or even a PHEV version that would add even more weight to an already pig-heavy vehicle. But at least by then the early-production bugs will have been worked out and the hard top will maybe not creak and pop as much, etc. But at least it’ll have wireless CarPlay! :)

I expect you will be easily be pushing into 2023. But, I wouldn’t let that bother me. The MIC top has been a huge problem for Webasto. They just lost the contract with Ford.

The Wildtrak is suppose to have the black painted top. The 3.5 is too big for the Bronco. The “Raptor” version that is rumored is supppose to have the 3.0 in it.

I don’t think it will be a problem once vehicles get to rolling out. But, several have had issues with dealers. One lady had a dealer giving test drives in her vehicle. Gave her 2 hours to get there to pick it up and then added ADM to it. I would definitely find a good dealer to work with.

Token

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The Wildtrak is suppose to have the black painted top. The 3.5 is too big for the Bronco. The “Raptor” version that is rumored is supppose to have the 3.0 in it.

I don’t think it will be a problem once vehicles get to rolling out. But, several have had issues with dealers. One lady had a dealer giving test drives in her vehicle. Gave her 2 hours to get there to pick it up and then added ADM to it. I would definitely find a good dealer to work with.

I thought the 3.5 twin-turbo would fit in the Bronco, but the people saying "HO version of the 3.0" were thinking more about market separation between the F-150 Raptor and the Bronco Raptor.

If they put the 450 HP version of the D35 HO 3.5 in the Bronco Raptor it would have better acceleration than the F150 Raptor. The people buying the Raptor name for the name and printed specifications (and that is a large percentage of the buyers) would probably opt for the Bronco vs the F150. I suspect the margin on the Bronco, even a Bronco Raptor, is not as good as the F-150 Raptor. So I doubt the Bronco would have the same motor as the F-150, even if it was easily possible.

That is, unless they (Ford) up their game on the base model Raptor HP, and it does not sound like they plan to do that right now. Although it does sound like, maybe, that for the first time they will have two power plant choices in the F-150 Raptor, the "base" 450 HP V6 and an R, or maybe GT, 700+ HP V-8 special edition.

T!

Exadata

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Anyone on RDF get one yet?

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If they put the 450 HP version of the D35 HO 3.5 in the Bronco Raptor it would have better acceleration than the F150 Raptor.
I personally was just talking about the regular 3.5L EcoBoost from the regular F150 with 400 hp and 510 lb.-ft. of torque.

wayne77

PSL +5
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I personally was just talking about the regular 3.5L EcoBoost from the regular F150 with 400 hp and 510 lb.-ft. of torque.

I just got a 2021 F150 with that engine and I'm blown away by it. It's no sports car of course but it's impressive in such a heavy vehicle.

Token

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

That would be a killer combination in the Bronco.

However, they really need to do something about the turbo lag to make it a bit more sporty. I realize the lag is much better than older turbo stuff, but there is still some significant lag in things like the 2.7 EB, 3.5 EB, etc. For example, our work F-150 crew cabs mostly have 2.7 EBs in them. Considering the size of the motor and the size of the vehicle it does really well. But, you can be cruising along, say 45 MPH, and stomp on the gas, floor it, and count 1001, 1002, 1003, before you feel it do anything. And yes, they absolutely can fix it. My Raptor with the D35 HO 3.5 TT (yes, a good bit more HP and torque, I realize) has very little normal mode turbo lag and no perceptible lag in any of the sport modes. But to fix it it costs them fuel economy, and I bet they are not willing to do that in the lower perceived performance EBs.

T!

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice! OBX w/Sasquatch? Or is that a First Edition? Looks like it’s the darker Lightning Blue Metallic that would indicate First Edition.

I just got a 2021 F150 with that engine and I'm blown away by it. It's no sports car of course but it's impressive in such a heavy vehicle.
Dude a 4-door Bronco is pushing 5,400 lbs. Insanely heavy. More than an F150, which gets better fuel economy ratings than the Bronco, too. That’s why I’m hoping that by the time my order actually gets a slot that they’ll have opened up engine options. I don’t need it to be “sporty” but it would be nice to have a better chance of passing people on rural highways and such. I always want to be able to get up and move, not just nudge forward.

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
I thought the 3.5 twin-turbo would fit in the Bronco, but the people saying "HO version of the 3.0" were thinking more about market separation between the F-150 Raptor and the Bronco Raptor.

If they put the 450 HP version of the D35 HO 3.5 in the Bronco Raptor it would have better acceleration than the F150 Raptor. The people buying the Raptor name for the name and printed specifications (and that is a large percentage of the buyers) would probably opt for the Bronco vs the F150. I suspect the margin on the Bronco, even a Bronco Raptor, is not as good as the F-150 Raptor. So I doubt the Bronco would have the same motor as the F-150, even if it was easily possible.

That is, unless they (Ford) up their game on the base model Raptor HP, and it does not sound like they plan to do that right now. Although it does sound like, maybe, that for the first time they will have two power plant choices in the F-150 Raptor, the "base" 450 HP V6 and an R, or maybe GT, 700+ HP V-8 special edition.

T!

Post automatically merged:

Nice! OBX w/Sasquatch? Or is that a First Edition? Looks like it’s the darker Lightning Blue Metallic that would indicate First Edition.

Dude a 4-door Bronco is pushing 5,400 lbs. insanely heavy. More than an F150, which gets better fuel economy ratings than the Bronco, too. That’s why I’m hoping that by the time my order actually gets a slot that they’ll have opened up engine options.

Yeah for the size, it’s freaking heavy.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose