Theia versus Redflex

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered, or if everyone is sick of crystal balling it, but I am interested in how Theia is expected to fare against the extremely low power K band Redflex photo-radar vans. Is this just an unsolvable problem or is there hope?

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered, or if everyone is sick of crystal balling it, but I am interested in how Theia is expected to fare against the extremely low power K band Redflex photo-radar vans. Is this just an unsolvable problem or is there hope?
It has been discussed, and there is hope.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thank you! I did not catch that. Ok, good. Hopefully it will be with USABLE range. This is good.

Thank you for your help @dudeinnz! I have been to Christchurch. Stayed at the golf course resort there and walked into town every day to get some of the best pizza anywhere ever. Such good memories I am going to call up my photo album of that trip and relive it. Best vacation ever.
You live in a beautiful part of the world!

Last edited:

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Oh please let theia smash redflex and give us useable range, not even titan legacy detectors like the R3 gave me any useable range when it was able to detect it.

PDXoriginal

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welp... i said I will never buy a first production run and let someone else be a guinea pig. But if this thing can detect redflex with enough warning.... shut up and take my money.

Local city uses redflex and waze has saved me a couple of times.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welp... i said I will never buy a first production run and let someone else be a guinea pig. But if this thing can detect redflex with enough warning.... shut up and take my money.

Local city uses redflex and waze has saved me a couple of times.
My thoughts exactly. I need some Redflex protection. They are not active in my immediate area, but these things are like rats. They pop up where you do not want them.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I think everyone keeps forgetting Theia doesn’t alert by frequency detection but rather the fingerprint of the signal. Theia should not have any issues detecting Redflex.

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My wallet is already tapping out from all the car parts I just bought since my warranty is coming to an end.
I think everyone keeps forgetting Theia doesn’t alert by frequency detection but rather the fingerprint of the signal. Theia should not have any issues detecting Redflex.
Are the new redflex systems different than the old ones? I have seen videos of the old pole mounted system in NZ and old truck systems in AZ being picked up with no issues by the pro m. But the really new systems in Calgary mounted in trucks are impossible to detect and my pro m has only been able to pick them up once ever. In regards to the pole mounted systems here in Calgary my pro m has no issues but you have to be at point blank range. So I have noticed a difference even between the pole mounted systems and the truck mounted systems. My fear with this is that there is a variation in "finger print" and you guys not not being able to train Theia on all of them.

And yes the trucks are operating because I have seen them flash at cars speeding past at night and the pro m still doesnt alert, I have even passed one of the abandonded ones left to idle and passed by really close and still nothing.

Last edited:

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Oh not forgetting, just drooling, salivating, and ruminating on what the experience will be like of having a genuine alert for this insidious threat!

DChiJEllis

Moderator Emeritus and Lifetime RDF Contributor
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Trollstigen, Lyseveien og Atlanterhavsveien
Same here, but with Gatso.

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You really have to try the Pro-M with FW US22 for Gatso. I’d like to see if your seeing the same thing I did
It actually allowed me to pick up a redflex van for the first time ever (with filters on).

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It actually allowed me to pick up a redflex van for the first time ever (with filters on).
Really? What settings did you use and what did you turn on?

How did it show the alert?

They really did something with US22 because it wasn’t allowing me to pick up the Mesta Fusions until this latest FW.

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Really? What settings did you use and what did you turn on?

How did it show the alert?

They really did something with US22 because it wasn’t allowing me to pick up the Mesta Fusions until this latest FW.
It was the same as usual auto, k wide, ka wide, mrcd narrow, mr filter high, with TSRej on high as well. It showed up as K band and only alerted at point blank range whereas before with filters on it would not alert. Max signal strength was 3 zero ramp up.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adam101