4.019 Has improved K-Band Detection

singingwhodat

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are happy with it!

I had to send my unit in to get the faceplate reattached and received it back with the newest update. There is so much K Band activity in my area so I haven’t noticed a difference. I seem to get wayyyyy too many k bands alerts from grocery stores, pharmacies, convenient stores, etc. There is also a lot of k band being used by the local pd so I can’t turn it off. I use V1Driver as well but haven’t really haven’t noticed any changes. Hoping it gets better with future updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I thought we were supposed to be able to get software updates via bluetooth? or is this a HW update? Also, any observable change to KA?

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I thought we were supposed to be able to get software updates via bluetooth? or is this a HW update? Also, any observable change to KA?
Supposedly yes soon that we will be able to do updates over bluetooth with the app they are about to release. This firmware update only happened because my v2 was from the first batch and had power issue. So I sent it in and had it repaired and they also upgraded the firmware.

With Ka detection I would say it has improved somewhat. I will conduct testing and post a new video soon so you can have a look for yourself.

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Supposedly yes soon that we will be able to do updates over bluetooth with the app they are about to release. This firmware update only happened because my v2 was from the first batch and had power issue. So I sent it in and had it repaired and they also upgraded the firmware.

With Ka detection I would say it has improved somewhat. I will conduct testing and post a new video soon so you can have a look for yourself.
Interesting I also sent mine back early on for the power issue. How do I check to see the firmware?

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
and received it back with the newest update.
You were lucky - sent mine in for the same issue and no update on firmware. Also looking forward to the available update process when it's released.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now whoever sends in units for repair or people buying new units will have 4.1019. Bluetooth updates are in the works.

Reports indicate ghosting issues have simmered down with the newer version

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This is great news and I hope future testing on K band backs up your findings. My 4.018 is awesome on KA but on K band it it not nearly as sensitive. I have gotten .2 -.3 mile detections with the source coming directly at me and loss of the signal so fast that the arrows never show side or rear. I am still trying to verify what radar the Sheriff's department uses but based on "feel" alone my R1 was a lot stronger on K.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
4.019 Has improved K-Band Detection

What I’ve observed after getting my detector back from valentine research with the latest firmware, that the detector is much better now then it was before on detecting low powered K-Band, and I couldn’t be happier.
Do you have any evidence of this that isn't purely anecdotal? I ask because the title is probably a bit misleading if you don't. Making assertions without evidence is prevalent enough on the internet without RDF adding to it.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to bust anybodies bubble, but I have the new firmware and mine still ghosts the same as before and the range is the same as well. I've driven several thousand miles since it got fixed for the no power issue. The ramp is the same as well.

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Do you have any evidence of this that isn't purely anecdotal? I ask because the title is probably a bit misleading if you don't. Making assertions without evidence is prevalent enough on the internet without RDF adding to it.
Tbh my v1g2 was not working properly before in detecting k band. Maybe my unit was defective, so I’m not entirely sure. But you’re right I don’t have any factual evidence and don’t want to mislead anyone.
Post automatically merged:

I hate to bust anybodies bubble, but I have the new firmware and mine still ghosts the same as before and the range is the same as well. I've driven several thousand miles since it got fixed for the no power issue. The ramp is the same as well.
Maybe mine was defective as it barely detected it before tbh.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh my v1g2 was not working properly before in detecting k band. Maybe my unit was defective, so I’m not entirely sure. But you’re right I don’t have any factual evidence and don’t want to mislead anyone.

The range on Ka band on mine has always been crazy good. and K band is also very good.

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The range on Ka band on mine has always been crazy good. and K band is also very good.
My detector also kicks ass in detecting Ka. I swear tho before it didn’t alert until last minute in detecting k, but now it gives me some extra time by half a mile to slow down, which is great.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My detector also kicks ass in detecting Ka. I swear tho before it didn’t alert until last minute in detecting k, but now it gives me some extra time by half a mile to slow down, which is great.
That is great news! Maybe you had some issues and they fixed them while it was there.

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This is interesting. My 4.018 either never detects or barely detects a bunch of new low power K signs in my area.
They are all operating in the 24.129MHz + area, so I know it's not an out of tune thing.
I will definitely be able to verify this once I get 4.019,

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen several K-band signs around in the past few months that nothing alerts to. I doubt 4.1019 is going to help with those.

In10Cityin10Cities

Intensity in 10 cities
General User
Reaction score

May i ask what Logic you were using?I had a close call with Big L applied and KV on.It was 24.166,i am sure i was in her kill zone.Luckily i was going the speed limit,i see this policewoman nailing everybody.Always in the 24.16ish frequency.I have created a new little L profile just for her.

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
May i ask what Logic you were using?I had a close call with Big L applied and KV on.It was 24.166,i am sure i was in her kill zone.Luckily i was going the speed limit,i see this policewoman nailing everybody.Always in the 24.16ish frequency.I have created a new little L profile just for her.
I am purely in “L” Logic mode, as that’s how my radar is configured when I run it with the v1 driver app

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lrhoneybadger