Squirrel's Thoughts on the G2

goblin

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

At this point, in my opinion, the only advantage the r7 has over the g2 is a frequency display! With that said, G2 has replaced the R7 on my daily's windshield.
If I was an evil genius, I'd lock a V1g2 and an R7 in a lab and force them to mate till they produce offspring.

I absolutely love everything V1g2 except - minor issue - the lack of GPS chip (I do NOT need GPS lockouts, I want GPS just to be able to enable quiet mode under a speed of my choice, when I don't have the phone app on, and I'm not plugging anything in my OBD port), and - more of a major issue - MRCD/MRCT (I'm ok with not detecting it reliably on my $217 detector, but it would bug me on a $499 one.

And I love everything R7, but the no connectivity part (even not to a dumb external screen) is killing it for me.

PS: Now that I think of it - part of the offspring could be an R7 with no MRCD/MRCT, or a V1g2 with no connectivity capabilities. Eh :D

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
PS: Now that I think of it - part of the offspring could be an R7 with no MRCD/MRCT, or a V1g2 with no connectivity capabilities. Eh :D
Depends on which genes are dominant and which are recessive. lol

goblin

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's usually the bad genes that are stronger...
Here comes a V1g2 with no communication capabilities and a screen that tends to burn through, and can't be seen with polarized sunglasses...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MilSpec