The V1G2 is so good....

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What a change from we zombies defending our choice of Gen1 a year or so ago, to now with Gen2 winning kudos all over.
It must be like people praising how clever your kids are.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
the V1G2 will be it
It took so many years for MV to improve launch and market the G2
dont expect there will ever be a G3
If we are lucky there might be a firmware update to G2 down the line

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
I disagree with the V1G2 being “good.” It actually KICKS ASS!

Off-axis range and detection is on another level. This alone justifies the purchase.

After using it for more than a minute now, it’s my favorite WM RD of all time! Running it alongside Waze is a killer combo!

Too bad JBV1 is not on iOS or else it will be even better. Maybe one day Apple will ease the restrictions on developers so we can see JBV1 on the iPhone because IMO Android is rubbish and I will never waste any more of my time on that OS.
Or perhaps we can get the developer to not do overlays and anything else that iOS doesn’t allow and still give iOS users a good app. However, considering it’s a single developer and I’m sure they don’t make enough off the app to survive on that alone, I’m sure there’s no great rush for such a thing to happen.

Darkmann

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Too bad JBV1 is not on iOS or else it will be even better. Maybe one day Apple will ease the restrictions on developers so we can see JBV1 on the iPhone because IMO Android is rubbish and I will never waste any more of my time on that OS.
I don't believe iOS has anything to do with JBV1 not being iOS compatible. I believe the developer just won't do it - not worth the effort when you consider development and maintenance. I read that somewhere on this forum.

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Or perhaps we can get the developer to not do overlays and anything else that iOS doesn’t allow and still give iOS users a good app. However, considering it’s a single developer and I’m sure they don’t make enough off the app to survive on that alone, I’m sure there’s no great rush for such a thing to happen.
I’d easily pay $10 for an iOS version of JBV1 which could work in the background like V1 Driver and would allow you to run Waze in the forefront!

No way should an app ever be exclusive to Android and not be on iOS - especially in the US.

Last edited:

Darkmann

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
....I think I am going to go back to my R7. Hold on, this is not a dig, it really is so good I think I need to install it in my wife’s car. It’s been so quiet and the V1Driver app does such a good job marking repeat false alert locations my wife could use this. Nothing against her Pro M but this V1 has been fantastic and I think it will be a great fit for her. At some point I see myself getting another one or when Theia is out may that one but I can deal with the more chatty R7 since I think this is a perfect fit for her. She always has her phone, does not want to mess with anything, mute button is on the front. Perfect fit. I will miss it, really I will, but sometimes we have to do things that benefit others.
She'll love it. The V2 is really very very good, and V1Driver/JBV1 make it even "more better." Unfortunately, I did have to return mine, due mostly to K falsing, mounting and display ergonomics. Then there's MRCD which is used in my driving zone. I hope V1 does not wait another 30 yrs to update the V2 to a more potent and more user friendly machine.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't believe iOS has anything to do with JBV1 not being iOS compatible. I believe the developer just won't do it - not worth the effort when you consider development and maintenance. I read that somewhere on this forum.
No, iOS will not allow some features, overlays for one.
Plus, JB is one man producing a phenominal app for free.
Why should he bust a gut developing two apps when people have the option of using Android?

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've said recently around here somewhere; that if people consider how much they spend on countermeasures, an extra Android phone running a free to use app like JBV1 is really affordable and can replace some really high priced esoteric devices that some here use.

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have the android phone, its an older phone from work. My issue is keeping charged since its only used in the car for short drives right now and finding another place to mount the phone since I already mount my main device. Not impossible, I have been using a cup holder mount when I’m making longer drives and just leaving it home for shorter trips. The other issue for an iPhone user is V1Driver. I use it to capture false K and keep the detector quieter. JBV1 can do the same but when you switch back and forth one of the two does not capture the alerts. I thought about adding the BT module so I could keep V1Driver connected full time but still have access to a BT connection the times I use JBV1. Not sure if that works.

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The above wasn't explicitly directed at you @R4D4RUS3R. :)

You can run two bluetooth devices at the same time. :) Or you can run JBV1 in standalone mode with a hotspot or small data plan, etc.

My point is that we often hear about someone running iOS as if that's the final nail in the coffin for them. It doesn't have to be. :)

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the android phone, its an older phone from work. My issue is keeping charged since its only used in the car for short drives right now and finding another place to mount the phone since I already mount my main device. Not impossible, I have been using a cup holder mount when I’m making longer drives and just leaving it home for shorter trips. The other issue for an iPhone user is V1Driver. I use it to capture false K and keep the detector quieter. JBV1 can do the same but when you switch back and forth one of the two does not capture the alerts. I thought about adding the BT module so I could keep V1Driver connected full time but still have access to a BT connection the times I use JBV1. Not sure if that works.
Yeah as @Bloovy One said, if you get a BT LE module, you can run both apps at the same time. I do it that way and have JBV1 as my primary phone and V1Driver sitting in the background logging alerts and building its lockouts in case I want to run it as the main phone. I do have it set up to have all its muting disabled so I'd have to go in and reenable low speed muting, lockouts, etc. in V1Driver. I'm not sure when I'd do that realistically, but I like having the option.

Given what a massive undertaking it is to build and support an app like this, I completely understand @johnboy00's time and energy limitations. In a perfect world, sure it'd be great to have both Android and iOS apps, but practically speaking that doesn't make sense for him. It's definitely easy for us to sit on the sidelines and just wish for an iOS version. I'd personally love that since I want more than what V1Driver offers, but johnboy has his limits on how much he can do in his free time. So in the meantime, that means running an Android phone just for the V1 which has its own pros and cons.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
What a change from we zombies defending our choice of Gen1 a year or so ago, to now with Gen2 winning kudos all over.
It must be like people praising how clever your kids are.
As you well know, there is simply no comparison between the V1G1 and G2! I've been running and testing mine since March and it's still blows my mind!

Last edited:

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The above wasn't explicitly directed at you @R4D4RUS3R. :)

You can run two bluetooth devices at the same time. :) Or you can run JBV1 in standalone mode with a hotspot or small data plan, etc.

My point is that we often hear about someone running iOS as if that's the final nail in the coffin for them. It doesn't have to be. :)
Standalone is what I do now with my R7. My second V1G2 is on the way. I want to use both because I like the integrated alerts within JBV1 when I have it running. Also, I know your comments were not aimed at me and even if its not a big deal. I followed what you were saying and agree. Android devices that will run the software are easy to get. My issue is not wanting the feel of a command central in the car all the time with multiple devices but for longer drives its worth it. Knowing that I can run both, I may very well pick up a BT module and setup that way if for nothing else the experience of doing it. I do like to play with options. If I had CarPlay that would be nice. I could hide my main phone and mount the android on the dash.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
As you well know, there is simply no comparison between the V1G1 and G2! I've been running and testing mine since March and it's still blows my mind!
You probably have very clever kids too :thumbsup:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
You probably have very clever kids too :thumbsup:
Now that you mention it, my son is a hell of a lot smarter than I am! He got it from his mom!

Last edited:

carls3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I disagree with the V1G2 being “good.” It actually KICKS ASS!

Off-axis range and detection is on another level. This alone justifies the purchase.

After using it for more than a minute now, it’s my favorite WM RD of all time! Running it alongside Waze is a killer combo!

ummmm,,,, have you actually gave a decent NEW android a chance.. ?. They come a long way,,, ill actually never own a ios phone again as i had to many problems recently (3 dead in a year) and ill never pay 600 and up for a phone ever again... No phone is worth that..

Vancity23

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
As noted, many are IOS users are willing to pay for johhnyboys great app which says a lot.
Post automatically merged:

I use Apple and Android devices. I happen to prefer Android for phones and Apple for tablets and computers. The best of both worlds.
Yup personal choices, my personal computers are all Windows, but I prefer an Iphone over android.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HSpecial