What's K Notch?

bbert73

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Joined
Sep 23, 2014
Messages
126
Reaction score
183
Age
47
Location
Baton Rouge, La
What's K Notch on the new 1.3 FW version on RL 360c?
 

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Joined
Jul 28, 2019
Messages
893
Reaction score
2,304
Location
Little Rock or Auburn
Specific filter to block weak signals on common BSM frequencies such as 24.199 and 24.168. Stronger signals can punch through it. Vortex talked about it and demonstrated it in his newest video.
 

bbert73

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Joined
Sep 23, 2014
Messages
126
Reaction score
183
Age
47
Location
Baton Rouge, La
Ok, thanks
 

searay

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Joined
Aug 8, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
139
Specific filter to block weak signals on common BSM frequencies such as 24.199 and 24.168. Stronger signals can punch through it. Vortex talked about it and demonstrated it in his newest video.
Yes, works VERY well against the annoying BSM alerts making for a very quiet ride.
 

croup

Advanced User
Premium Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
1,661
Reaction score
2,998
Location
Alabama
K Notch covers frequency range of 24.190-24.210

When K Notch is enabled only very strong signals between 24.190 - 24.210 GHz are alerted to.

At least that is the claim. Wish one of my K Band antennas was tuned this high. Might have to open one up and get it up there to see for myself.
 

cruiser66

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
372
Reaction score
402
Maybe someone can help with the following question since I don't see K band used in the areas I regularly travel so have not seen any in a long time.
(The last one I recall vividly was MY car being hit by long range K band I/O at 1 AM on a deserted main road; that was at least 7 1/2 years ago, wow time flies).

Based on the following thread, it seems like quite a few members have seen real police K band in the upper segment (refer to poll results):

Since the R360C notch filter still allows very strong signals to be reported, C/O K should not be a concern. I guess this should hopefully only (potentially) be a concern for any K band I/O in this upper segment (24.190 - 24.210) given that even weak I/O signals (e.g. from gun targeting other vehicle(s) ahead) could provide helpful advance warning.
Open to feedback regarding this (keep in mind I have only encountered Ka for years, ~99% 34.7 and the other 1% 33.8), so K band is not my focus, other than reduced BSM falses :).
 

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
268
Reaction score
390
Location
Phoenix, AZ
New Vortex video discusses this feature in detail and even shows a Honda with a strong BSM getting through the notch filter signal threshold.
 

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
87,792
Messages
1,335,655
Members
22,112
Latest member
jreihsen
Top