Close Call on I-20 West Monroe w/R7

DU5T3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
1594120217227.png

I was traveling west on I-20 on Independence Day. I had several rabbits ahead of me, and with about 1/2 mile between us, we were going +20 PSL. Armed with Waze and my R7, we felt comfortable with our situation until we got into the Monroe, LA area. Driving through the city made me feel a little anxious, but I didn't want to get separated from the group ahead of me. As we were approaching an on-ramp on the outskirts of West Monroe, my R7 gave its lowest Ka warning (34.608 I think). I immediately hit my brakes and said, "That's trouble." As I slowly drove beyond the on-ramp, a LA State trooper eased in some distance behind me. So now my alert is at full blast, and I'm as nervous as a middle school student being sent to the principal's office. A few moments later, the trooper passed me and continued ahead for maybe another 15 miles where he go off of the interstate. The rabbits never knew he was behind them, and the trooper never knew the group of speeders was in front of him. That group was well beyond the hill seen at the top of the attached photo. I was stuck going 70 mph, but I didn't get a ticket thanks to the R7.

My point of telling this story is to let other newbies know the dangers of on-ramps. I know this sentiment has been told before in countless other posts, but I think we all need a reminder from time to time. The trooper was just patrolling with his radar turned on, but I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. My countermeasures and my situational awareness let me get by without a ticket!

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I agree with you on the ramps. Getting on the interstate Friday I needed to get ahead of a truck and I normally set the cruise about 80-85 so I was getting up to speed. As soon as I was able to merge on to the interstate and got around the front of the truck a sheriff was about 6 cars behind me but I was already at 85, in a 65. I jumped on the brakes and hung out in the right lane until he passed. I had my story ready that I had to merge but didn’t need it. Ha.

Beavis26

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Louisiana cops are known for hiding behind bridge pillars what I haven't figured out is when I see them in the median and my r3 doesn't go off are they shooting radar or is my r3 just not alerting for some reason

cbbr

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Louisiana cops are known for hiding behind bridge pillars what I haven't figured out is when I see them in the median and my r3 doesn't go off are they shooting radar or is my r3 just not alerting for some reason

Troopers sit in the median and on the shoulder of the interstate all of the time with the radar off. IDK what they are doing (reports?), but that's where they seem to sit. When they are working, you don't generally see them unless you are using CMs..
Post automatically merged:

I was traveling west on I-20

IDK if I have ever run the stretch between Monroe and Rayville without seeing a Trooper. You really have to keep an eye there. Past Rayville, it clears up for a while.

Last edited:

Beavis26

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Those troopers are everywhere on 10 and 49 too but I see city police doing the same thing especially coming in to baton rouge I know they are checking speed but i don't get alerts

cbbr

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Coming in on 10? Just as likely a CBP task force or WBR sheriffs looking for dope. The black Chevy Truck is an unmarked and is usually seen with a car that is being stripped on the shoulder. They are almost never running radar there and I have never seen them shooting lidar. Same thing on the way into BR on 12, just its EBR sheriffs.

Last edited:

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Heading into br west bound they sit around oneal on the shoulder alot , around 930pm br city and sheriff's , never running radar or lidar , also coming east bound at the 10/12 split they sit on the left again not running ether at 1030pm , im not sure what these guys are black suv , almost unmarked , since the virus bs they have not been there , this was everyday , now going through denham springs and walker they have lidar and sit on the shoulders ether side , different times of day , baton rouge has lidar also , but i havent been hit with it in a few years !! Stay safe

Last edited:

87GN

TXCTG Rollin' Steel Wheels============
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
R7 doesn't miss anything! Range is A++! It's not a cop detector! Gotta pull the trigger for it get a detection! Be aware!

cbbr

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Heading into br west bound they sit around oneal on the shoulder alot , around 930pm br city and sheriff's , never running radar or lidar , also coming east bound at the 10/12 split they sit on the left again not running ether at 1030pm , im not sure what these guys are black suv , almost unmarked , since the virus bs they have not been there , this was everyday , now going through denham springs and walker they have lidar and sit on the shoulders ether side , different times of day , baton rouge has lidar also , but i havent been hit with it in a few years !! Stay safe

I think that the guys on O'neal are the CBP task force guys & dope task force guys. BR is a hub for illegals with 10/12. They actually set up a little after 6 AM most mornings. They are never running radar/lidar.

I don't think that Denham has lidar and I very rarely see them on the interstate. They tend to run C/O and sit off of the road in parking lots on Range.

Walker may have one and they are in the interstate a little more. I have been hit by radar by Walker on 12 a few times. They both have around 35 officers total each including the captain & detectives.

Troopers do like to sit in between once in a while. They hug the center retaining wall and disappear. Normally well marked on Waze.

Traffic routinely runs 80MPH past the guys in WBR - they just don't care. That said, there is a Trooper who sets up just past them once in a while.

DU5T3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
IDK if I have ever run the stretch between Monroe and Rayville without seeing a Trooper. You really have to keep an eye there. Past Rayville, it clears up for a while.
[/QUOTE]
I was pretty paranoid in that area, but because of the four or five rabbits ahead of me I figured I would be alright. I like the areas where there are long distances between the on ramps, such as NE Louisiana.
Post automatically merged:

I was pretty paranoid in that area, but because of the four or five rabbits ahead of me I figured I would be alright. I like the areas where there are long distances between the on ramps, such as NE Louisiana.

Last edited:

Beavis26

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
People go 80 to 90 through br everyday especially on the 110 never see anyone pulled over cops are lazy there but outside of br that's a different story

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is my territory. Cool to see another video from the Monroe area.
In my experience, the state police on I-20 have frequencies all over the place. I’ve seen 35.005, 34.985, and now you see a low drifting stalker. I think running wide segments is a must in LA, like NY.
The troopers on I-20 love to hide and they love overpasses, on ramps, and bridge supports. Thankfully most times I see them they are running constant on (like you experienced) or not being selective with their instant on shots.
I-20 between Ruston and Rayville is a cash cow. Glad you rode through ticket free!

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
DS definitely has lidar , ive been hit with it several times and jammed it enough to get to psl , he drives a brownish or blk charger , likes to hide in the dark , sits in between ds and jubon exit on left side shoulder , sometimes right past ds overpass on the right shoulder too , ive gotten hit by him early mornings 7amish , walker you never know , they run c/o ka all the time and they trade the lidar out with each other , ive jammed them a few times , its with diff cop each time, i live across the st from them and they all play with the lidar gun right out in the st infront of me , br has lidar also but i havent seen it in the wild for several years !

cbbr

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's a Trooper in one of the ghosted/unmarked units. Denham doesn't have very many vehicles, no chargers that I have ever seen and is in black/whites. DS is not as aggressive as Walker -
1594726384146.png

DU5T3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This is my territory. Cool to see another video from the Monroe area.
In my experience, the state police on I-20 have frequencies all over the place. I’ve seen 35.005, 34.985, and now you see a low drifting stalker. I think running wide segments is a must in LA, like NY.
The troopers on I-20 love to hide and they love overpasses, on ramps, and bridge supports. Thankfully most times I see them they are running constant on (like you experienced) or not being selective with their instant on shots.
I-20 between Ruston and Rayville is a cash cow. Glad you rode through ticket free!
Have you seen any Lidar being used in North Louisiana?

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Have you seen any Lidar being used in North Louisiana?
I have not. I would still recommend looking into an ALP system for frequent driving in the area.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ooflc