Love my V1G2

fred50stang

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I bought the V1G2 about a month ago. I am your average user and although it took me a little bit to figure it out, V1 connection was used to set it up and then I ran the V1 driver app for IOS. Went on a road trip from Georgia to Utah, drove all over Utah and back to Georgia, over 3,000 miles worth of driving in the flats and mountains. The V1G2 performed flawlessly! Alerts were way out there, especially when you get in the open interstates and back roads of Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. I don't know the official distance, but it was enough that when it alerted I kicked off cruise and gently applied brakes. I had a full Suburban with family, so i wasn't setting any land speed records, but generally about 15 over is where i set cruise at. I had NO issues with V1G2...NONE. The front plastic piece that people have had issues with stayed on even in the heat of Moab Ut and NO power issues. What I learned is the V1G2 hates Acura MDX's, and new Honda Mini-vans, on K-band. Also when k-band did alert it was the speed notifiers that made k-band go crazy. I messed with in box muting, but ended up turning the K-band off on trip back to GA. It was silent then. If anyone is on the fence about buying this, dont be, the water if fine and its a great radar detector.

Want to say thanks to @Vortex for the write ups and videos he has provided, it certainly helped me make my decision as well as set up the V1G2.

Attachments

• 6762EA8C-8FD6-44D4-902F-AB8257DD057D.jpeg
    6762EA8C-8FD6-44D4-902F-AB8257DD057D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 396647F3-7ABB-4A43-9ABD-5A737BD08EC1.jpeg
    396647F3-7ABB-4A43-9ABD-5A737BD08EC1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • F6512772-9BFB-4095-B0FA-0B72F7B9CE24.jpeg
    F6512772-9BFB-4095-B0FA-0B72F7B9CE24.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

BIGGER Dave

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What’s that white square shaped device to the right of the rearview mirror? Says “State Farm” on it...

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
What’s that white square shaped device to the right of the rearview mirror? Says “State Farm” on it...

State Farm Drive Safe.
Post automatically merged:

What I learned is the V1G2 hates Acura MDX's, and new Honda Mini-vans, on K-band. Also when k-band did alert it was the speed notifiers that made k-band go crazy. I messed with in box muting, but ended up turning the K-band off on trip back to GA. It was silent then. If anyone is on the fence about buying this, dont be, the water if fine and its a great radar detector.

Thanks for the info.... describes my V1G1 to a T. 😉

Last edited:

Beemerchef

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Same here! First day using it for 300 miles and I am astonished as my V1 was purchased back in 95. Together with JB1V2 flipping it to Waze. Flawless! Yes @Vortex Thank you for your videos. They are a pleasure. Happy... Happy..
🙂🙂🙂

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I bought the V1G2 about a month ago. I am your average user and although it took me a little bit to figure it out, V1 connection was used to set it up and then I ran the V1 driver app for IOS. Went on a road trip from Georgia to Utah, drove all over Utah and back to Georgia, over 3,000 miles worth of driving in the flats and mountains. The V1G2 performed flawlessly! Alerts were way out there, especially when you get in the open interstates and back roads of Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. I don't know the official distance, but it was enough that when it alerted I kicked off cruise and gently applied brakes. I had a full Suburban with family, so i wasn't setting any land speed records, but generally about 15 over is where i set cruise at. I had NO issues with V1G2...NONE. The front plastic piece that people have had issues with stayed on even in the heat of Moab Ut and NO power issues. What I learned is the V1G2 hates Acura MDX's, and new Honda Mini-vans, on K-band. Also when k-band did alert it was the speed notifiers that made k-band go crazy. I messed with in box muting, but ended up turning the K-band off on trip back to GA. It was silent then. If anyone is on the fence about buying this, dont be, the water if fine and its a great radar detector.

Want to say thanks to @Vortex for the write ups and videos he has provided, it certainly helped me make my decision as well as set up the V1G2.
Fantastic. I am enjoying mine. I do see a rear K when I pull in the garage but nothing while driving my MDX. Thank goodness. I also use V1Driver, fantastic app and detector combo. It has been really quiet for me and so far thats the best part.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
X man