New NOOB R7 User

Nismo G

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just purchased an R7 at BestBuy in mid June, it's the first radar I've had in maybe 12+ years. Around June 15th i updated the firmware to the latest version that was available on Uniden's website. However, i did just read it looks like another new firmware may be on the way...? I really haven't had much use for one since i'm in the Boston Metro area and traffic is usually just crawling along, but i will be relocating to Florida in the next couple months, so i feel it will be a good investment for living in Florida with open roads and less traffic.

I found this thread to have a lot of good information with regards to custom settings: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/86341/

A couple questions, is there another thread that is constantly updated with custom settings people are using? Has anyone dialed in custom settings with the newer firmware? I tried to adjust mine to some of the custom settings provided at the beginning of the thread referenced above, but i am still getting quite a bit of K band detection. Parking garages with automatic doors/gates are almost everywhere here in Boston. Seems like quite a few intersections are causing K band noise as well (not sure what is causing this). I did set quite ride to 35mph, but maybe i should increase it? Any other recommendations? I am a complete noob and still learning about the differences between K, KA, so i appreciate the patience and help!

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome

also K band at intersections can be sensors for traffic lights or possibly MRCD / CT enforcement.

Check out the thread : (here is the most recent one)

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome,
Take a look here and see how some features deal with K Band.
Inside Boston urban areas you probably should be on City Mode.
See some recommendations here for a new owner.
More here:

The latest firmware is 129.129.113. It is very good.
Nothing official has been announced or released yet on newer.
See here for possible new features to come:
Post automatically merged:

Welcome

also K band at intersections can be sensors for traffic lights or possibly MRCD / CT enforcement.

Check out the thread : (here is the most recent one)

Quick draw beat me to it!

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! There is a fair amount of laser in Florida, you may want to consider jammers on the front.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am also new to the R7 and really loving it! I just dialed in some advanced settings today and enjoying even more. vortexradar.com under configure the R7 has a very good list of suggested settings.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Nismo G

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome! There is a fair amount of laser in Florida, you may want to consider jammers on the front.
Any recommendations on reasonably priced jammers? I had looked recently and they seemed very expensive ($1200+), at least on the couple pages i had read.

Thanks for the links! I have already read through a couple them, great info!

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Any recommendations on reasonably priced jammers? I had looked recently and they seemed very expensive ($1200+), at least on the couple pages i had read.

Thanks for the links! I have already read through a couple them, great info!
TMG can be your best bang for the buck depending on the install. Plus you can hit up jag42 for an RDF discount.

What do you drive?

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nitemare50