Waze, Highway Radar, and JBV1

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So for those of you who use Waze, Highway Radar, and JBV1, which app do you have on your screen?

I’m really confused on how all 3 apps work together. I’d like to just pull up Waze and get all alerts on that screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
When I do, Waze up front, JBV1 and ALP Connect in the background. Sometimes I may put the split screen up with Waze and JBV1

When you only have Waze on your screen, does it display all of the JBV1 alerts? VASCAR, Crowd Sourcing, etc? Or are those only shown in JBV1?

Do you also use Highway Radar?

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I’m going to be using all of this next week as soon as my V1G2 is delivered and want to understand how best to use these tools.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I use Waze in the foreground with JBV1 running as an overlay. Waze works as normal, and when there is an alert (radar, CSA, etc) it pops up in a little box. The box can be moved around if it's in the way, and you can configure what happens when you tap on it. By default, a single tap brings JBV1 to the foreground, a double tap snoozes the alert, long press mutes the alert.

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I use JBV1 with Waze running in the background

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
JBV1 and Highway Radar are not really necessary or intended to use together. I've tested it for 300 miles right when Highway Radar was released, but it;s an either-or thing. If you have a V1, JBV1 is the likely better choice.

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Waze on my phone JBV1 and HWY Radar on my tablet with HWY Radar running in the background.

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I use Waze in the foreground with JBV1 running as an overlay. Waze works as normal, and when there is an alert (radar, CSA, etc) it pops up in a little box. The box can be moved around if it's in the way, and you can configure what happens when you tap on it. By default, a single tap brings JBV1 to the foreground, a double tap snoozes the alert, long press mutes the alert.

Thanks.

I drove around today with Highway Radar set to 3 miles for an alert and JBV1 in standalone mode, got an alert and drove to where the LEO was. It was cool seeing it all work, plus getting notifications prior to my R7 going off. The LEO was shooting I/O 34.7.

I wasn’t sure how to confirm the alert though, but multiple people did confirm it. Kept changing to “Confirmed 5 seconds ago”, etc. When I tapped the alert, I got like 4 options but I don’t remember what they were, except none were “confirm”. Maybe something like “ignore”, “cancel”, “Waze” and one more I have no idea.

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Waze on my phone JBV1 and HWY Radar on my tablet with HWY Radar running in the background.

What benefit is there to running both? I’m in no way saying there isn’t a benefit, I’m just trying to learn how to use them.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I run Waze on CarPlay (8in screen, so I can see farther out) and JBV1 on a dedicated Android phone.
Unless you have an older version of Waze, they are now severely cutting the range of alerts.
And at one time one of the developers told me not to run too many apps at once. Said you could get ‘white listed’ by google and be cut off (?).
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I also run Waze on AA, and JBV1 on the detector phone. It uses more data, but it means I can use the music and map screens without losing CSA's.

Can you explain more about your setup?

Is your main phone an iPhone, but have a dedicated phone for JBV1? That’s my setup.

When you use Waze via Android Auto, do you get your JBV1 alerts on Waze in AA?

What do you mean by that you can “use music and map screens without losing CSA’s (crowd source alerts)”?

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I heard the white listed thing too. My memory is that it was running JBV1 and Highway Radar at the same time.

This was for Up All Nights post--got bumped. Also, when I watch Waze, I am just looking for pins, not alerts. And yes, the apps do a much better job.

Last edited:

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Unless you have an older version of Waze, they are now severely cutting the range of alerts.
And at one time one of the developers told me not to run too many apps at once. Said you could get ‘white listed’ by google and be cut off (?).
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Yeah, I remember a long time ago that the alert distance was customizable, but now it’s gone from the settings. Seems like they caved to pressure from someone.

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I heard the white listed thing too. My memory is that it was running JBV1 and Highway Radar at the same time.

This was for Up All Nights post--got bumped.

Uh oh. That’s what I’m doing! Or trying to learn how to do.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pieterjnz