V1G2 Ka Freq Range Settings Upstate NY

chris0247

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm outside Albany NY where I understand the heavily used Stalkers tend to drift.

Do I need to change the Custom Frequencies in the V1 Connection app for my area?

If so, does anyone have recommended settings?

Thanks in advance!

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're running a V1G2, I wouldn't bother running custom frequencies. Upstate NY is notorious for high/low drifting Stalkers, and there is no performance benefit with running CFs on the G2. By default, USA mode covers all of Ka band and won't risk missing an out of tune gun.

If you find you're getting a lot of Ka falses from other leaky detectors or satellite dishes, you may want to consider adjusting the range around 33.8 to remove them, but I'd run the detector in the default mode for a bit first.

Are you planning on using an app with your V1G2? Check out JBV1 (Android) or V1Driver (iOS/Android). They add tons of features like auto-GPS lockouts, alert logging, auto-snoozing of BSM alerts, etc.

chris0247

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
That's great, thanks. The concern was missing an alert if the Stalker had drifted too far, but if the default is to cover the entire band it looks like I'm good to go.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will you be using an app with your G2?

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
I thought guns has to be calibrated and kept certified to be able to legally issue tickets from a reading on them. Doesn’t that include frequency drift or no?

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought guns has to be calibrated and kept certified to be able to legally issue tickets from a reading on them. Doesn’t that include frequency drift or no?
Gun/officer certification cannot be challenged in court in NYS.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depending on the department, no.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Funny, just ran across a Village of Kenmore LEO running a Stalker at 34.3!
I used to live in Kenmore. Seemed like every car (& there are a lot of them considering how small it is) always ran C/O Ka.

Qui-Gon

PSL +15
Advanced User
Reaction score
I used to live in Kenmore. Seemed like every car (& there are a lot of them considering how small it is) always ran C/O Ka.
They still run K-band in one or two cruisers at least. Tonawanda LEO’s too use K-band for I/O traps.

OldtimeRadar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A somewhat related technical question. Does frequency drift on these Stalker units affect speed reading accuracy? Or, are the frequency calibration and speed calibration, 2 completely separate calibrations? Anyone with a Stalker manual or experience in this technical area?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeKitten