How do I mute all sounds from V1 Gen 2 detector?

thomasx

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
New to JBV1. How do I set JBV1 to mute all sounds on the V1 Gen 2 detector but still play through my JBV1 device (Moto 6 phone)? Also how do I turn off all alerts on the V1 Gen 2 while keeping them rolling through JBV1 device? Thanks! I'm still learning about managing through the app.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I understand from your post - You want your V1G2 to be silent and all the alerts from the APP/Phone?

What I have done is
Set my V1G2 volume to Zero.
All my alerts still come through my phone/app.

thomasx

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yes, you got it. How do I turn off the New Bogey tone? That's the one when you are on alert but it detects a new bogey so it does it at high volume? Thanks.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you got it. How do I turn off the New Bogey tone? That's the one when you are on alert but it detects a new bogey so it does it at high volume? Thanks.
If you mean on JBV1 - that is one of the experts will hopefully reply soon.
@Bloovy One @LouG

As above, I mute my V1G2 unit to Zero volume, and let the JBV1 app do its magic.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

thomasx

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. InsipidMonkey... what about Audio/ Bogey Lock Tones option?

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
what about Audio/ Bogey Lock Tones option?
The settings I posted above pertain to alerts on the V1 itself. The Audio/Bogey Lock Tones options control the app alert sounds on your phone/car.

thomasx

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is there a way for me to tell which JBV1 options apply to the detector and which ones apply to the app?
Post automatically merged:

Actually, I've never been into profiles. That's something to spend some time in now. Thanks.

Well, that leads to new questions. So, in my profiles, I have Euro, Logic noX.G2 and Unknown.G2. What's the difference between the Logic noX.G2 and Unknown.G2?

I don't use Euro. Logic noX.G2 had the Memo Loud option off already. I switched it to off in Unknown.G2.

Oh gee. What a journey of self discovery I'm on. Logic noX.G2... I seeeee. LOGIC, NO X!

Last edited:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way for me to tell which JBV1 options apply to the detector and which ones apply to the app?
Everything under settings applies to the app, everything under profiles applies to the detector.

AJinNJ

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yeah, be careful using profiles to disable frequencies unless you're positive you won't encounter them! You can build your own profiles - those are the "starters".

I think most are starting with leaving the profiles alone (maybe push one of the "No X" if you're positive you don't have any X-band anywhere you're planning on driving), and trying the Auto Mode to automatically toggle between L and l or l and A as your speed goes above/below the PSL. (Be sure "Reverse Geocoding" is enabled, and look at the settings in Auto Mute Control as well.)

Have fun!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerrun