V1G2 Remote mute and mode issues

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it happened a week or so ago, and I wrote it off to JBV1 not allowing me to mute with my remote mute or V1 Remote Audio. Well I did some road trips this weekend and it happened two more times! There came a point where I couldnt Mute or change modes with either the ESP Remote Audio adapter or my remote mute button. The V1 button would mute, but not remotely. The only way to get it working again was to power cycle the V1. Well, I figured I'd call V1 on it, thinking maybe it was tied to a LONG trip, but 10 minutes into my commute it happened, called V1, restarted the V1, and while I was on the phone with support it happened again not 10 minutes after rebooting!

I was told that someone has already called the issue in, and they are working on it... AT least it is still working and alerting!

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about someone else with the issue and I've mentioned it to VR myself. :) I thought it was a JBV1 priority thing. :)

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It happened to me, and I thought I posted about it early on, but in the last 2 days, it has happened too often

fred50stang

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Running V1Driver and have my muted volume at 0 and I still hear the muted alarm, although it is at a reduced level.

TonyJones

General User
Reaction score
@thanks What do you have the volumes on the V1 set at?

Try turning both the V1’s main volume and the mute volume to 1.

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@thanks What do you have the volumes on the V1 set at?

Try turning both the V1’s main volume and the mute volume to 1.
My V1 sits at 0 volume and mute. No reason to set ANY volume on the V1.I dont want it making any noise. The RA (remote audio) gives me all the sounds I need and I could still control the volume/mute on the RA The issue was the V1G2 did not respond to two different mute buttons to mute or change modes. VR has had someone else report it as well.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe we are talking about audio levels here. I have a custom mounted Concealed Display in my instrument cluster and a separate mute button using one of my factory buttons on the dash.

After connecting the Gen2 (and using JBV1) I was noticing that my mute/mode button didn't work sometimes. I rarely ever use it anyway so I hadn't put much thought into the issue and I was thinking that having an app connected was partially the cause for the problem.

BMWBig6

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was told that someone has already called the issue in, and they are working on it...
Did V1 state that this problem occurs with the mute button on Concealed Display units too? On a 6-hour road-trip I could not consistently mute the V1 using the concealed display. It would sometimes come back after power cycle (after stopping for rest room breaks, meals, etc.). I assumed I just need to clean the mute button contacts on the circuit board's conductive graphite button/pad inside the concealed display but now I wonder if something else is going on.

Last edited:

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Did V1 state that this problem occurs with the mute button on Concealed Display units too? On a 6-hour road-trip I could not consistently mute the V1 using the concealed display. It would sometimes come back after power cycle (after stopping for rest room breaks, meals, etc.). I assumed I just need to clean the mute button contacts on the circuit board's conductive graphite button/pad inside the concealed display but now I wonder if something else is going on.
Based on my experience, I would believe it would affect the CD as well. I have a dedicated mute button (http://www.safe-n-sound1.com/Valentine Flat Mute Plug.html) as well as the V1 RA.

@BMWBig6 were you running an app as well?

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted the same problem about 1-1/2 weeks ago... luckily, it hasn't occurred again but it would be nice if a fix was available if it does happen again.

Here's my post: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/101140/#post-1458937
I observed the issue a while ago, but didnt think much of it. Were you running the V1LE with an app as well?

It happened to me a while ago then I did not experience it till this past weekend. The only reason, I encountered it , was because I wanted to mute the V1. The V1G2 is REALLY quiet, so I dont often need to mute it..... Since this last occurrence, I try to cycle the V1 mode periodically to see if it still works. As I mentioned in my post above, it happened 2x wihin a 20 minute drive, and one of them was WHILE I WAS ON WITH VR TS!

BMWBig6

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score

TonyJones

General User
Reaction score
My V1 sits at 0 volume and mute. No reason to set ANY volume on the V1.I dont want it making any noise. The RA (remote audio) gives me all the sounds I need and I could still control the volume/mute on the RA The issue was the V1G2 did not respond to two different mute buttons to mute or change modes. VR has had someone else report it as well.
The reason I ask is because with my V1 set to 0 volume and mute my RA (remote audio) will not function properly. Everything works perfect with the V1’s volume and mute @1.

BMWBig6

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask is because with my V1 set to 0 volume and mute my RA (remote audio) will not function properly. Everything works perfect with the V1’s volume and mute @1.
Hmm, I don't have RA but maybe changing my mute volume to 1 will fix my intermittent Concealed Display mute issue (because I have my mute volume @0).

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait, the RA mute never functions properly? My V1 is 0/0 volume/muted volume. Where is the lever set on the RA? You realize that the RA Lever controls the mute volume.
1593702899913.png

TonyJones

General User
Reaction score
Yes, I do.

My RA would only function correctly with the V1’s volume set at 1. I’ll do some more testing tonight.

TonyJones

General User
Reaction score
Well it looks like my problem is a bad remote audio (Installed on my motorcycle). The one in my truck works perfect.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wrswartz