Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Redflex locations in Pa; https://workzonecameras.penndot.gov/locations/

I had a Redflex jeep all summer by me.
My V1GEN1 never saw it, my Radenso ProM gave me good warning if I had someone infront of me, other wise very short warning. But at least I had something.
It's been a while since I've used my Gen1. I think this is the thing with the Gen1 and lower K-band; did you have eUro mode running?

Beachman64

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've used my Gen1. I think this is the thing with the Gen1 and lower K-band; did you have eUro mode running?
My Gen1 is really old. i don't have that option. My last 4 sn #0614, firm ware 3.619, hw 1.8
Never sent in for upgrades. It was always working for me, love my V1. Until the last few years. With all these BSM's it won't shut up and lately, in my area, Pa troopers are running these low powered K's, hidden behind something shooting at a 45° angle. My trusty Gen1 just don't see them. Crickets.
My ProM does good (when I steal it back from the wife), its very quite...but good lord I have had some close calls, range is a little to short for nerves.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
My Gen1 is really old. i don't have that option. My last 4 sn #0614, firm ware 3.619, hw 1.8
Never sent in for upgrades. It was always working for me, love my V1. Until the last few years. With all these BSM's it won't shut up and lately, in my area, Pa troopers are running these low powered K's, hidden behind something shooting at a 45° angle. My trusty Gen1 just don't see them. Crickets.
Oh yeah, I had the same firmware on my first V1.
I had it 16 years before sending it in for trade on a v3.8945 with ESP, etc. Still looked new like I took it out of the box yesterday. I continued to use the same suction cups for another 4 years. They worked fine. 🤷‍♂️

Those early ones were sometimes prone to frequency drift over long periods of time though and what you describe is very likely that issue. Mine wasn't picking up K-band door openers at grocery stores any longer. I'm almost 100% sure that's what is going on with yours.

The newer units are crystal-controlled so that won't happen.

I really think you'd love a Gen2!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose