Lock outs and low speed muting

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is it normal for lock outs to still have a low volume beep on the physical v1 unit? There showing on my screen as a gray or orange frequency number with a line thru it however I still hear the chirps from the v1.

Same thing for low speed muting. I have jbv1 option ON for "stationary mute" but I'm still hearing low volume chirping from the v1 while sitting at red lights.

Am I suppose to mute the physical v1 unit and only use the jbv1 chirping???

I would like for the detector to be quiet if I'm going 0 mph. My current work around has been setting jbv1 to have the detector in L mode till I get to 15mph it'll switch to my normal little l mode when I get above 15 mph

Thanks in advance for any replies
View attachment 152063

Last edited:

NVR2FST

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Does JBV1 mute the actual detector itself? IDK! I keep the volume knob and muted volume lever all the way to the left on mine. The sounds all come from my phone.

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Does JBV1 mute the actual detector itself? IDK! I keep the volume knob and muted volume lever all the way to the left on mine. The sounds all come from my phone.
Yes, is JBv1 suppose to mute the v1 g2? I have jbv1alert sounds disabled for the most part. As Im driving thru x/k band lock outs I'm still getting the low quiet chirping from the unit itself instead of them being 100% muted.

If I turn the detector volume down to zero and only use my jbv1 app for the sound then it would be correct?

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Currently there are only two volume states available to the apps for the unit itself:

Standard volume and muted
OR
Standard volume and silent

We have suggested to VR that a third state be added of
Standard,
Muted at a lower level, AND
Silent.

Automatically switching to big L is a reasonable way of managing the volume levels. I let it do so at PSL or 40 mph when PSL data isn't available.

Using an app for alerts gives you other options, but in some cases the app alert can be delayed a little bit.

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just so I 100% understand this. In this video I'm linking. Is the detector volume turned to zero and the phone is doing all the beeping and alerting.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Just so I 100% understand this. In this video I'm linking. Is the detector volume turned to zero and the phone is doing all the beeping and alerting.
Yes.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on your question @Trinity?

You want lockout behaviors on the audio of the V1 itself and not hear the sounds at a lower volume in muted mode?

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on your question @Trinity?

You want lockout behaviors on the audio of the V1 itself and not hear the sounds at a lower volume in muted mode?
I would like to use my detector speaker for my alerts. The lock outs would be muted on the detector instead of chirping while the Jbv1 app has them locked out.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I would like to use my detector speaker for my alerts. The lock outs would be muted on the detector instead of chirping while the Jbv1 app has them locked out.
You have to turn down/off the muted volume on your V1.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Trinity, Keep in mind that VR designed the V1 to have an adjustable muted volume for a good reason. :) Run it how you want, but consider that it was meant to keep you safer by being slightly audible when muted. :)

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless I am missing something, “lockout” capability for JBV1 interface to V1 alert structure is really “muteout”. Meaning, not locked out in the traditional ER or R3/7. Where the audio is non existent on a lockout (visual alert is gray-dim or nothing), yet other functions take advantage of muted audio still that work. Once someone sets the muted volume function on the V1, really the “lockout” (which is not a lockout) has the alert happen at the one “mute” V1 volume for all muted functions. Plus the visual display operates the same (V1 Driver will kill the visual display).

^^^^ Above description I am suggesting is how the location based “lockout” works when using API to affect the V1 alert tools.

I wish the App “lockout“ feature would override the “muted” volume level (and base alert volume level), killing any alert on the RD (and phone too for that matter), plus kill the Visual display. Sure, sure the lockout on the phone display as normal (as a choice yes/no to do this). So, we can have a final human sanity check on any lockouts. This way, we get a total passenger (and driver) high satisfaction on really locking out the false stationary alert in the database.

as a newer user of JBV1, what am I missing here? Am I wrong? I wish I was. I would like better Functioning GPS based “lockout”. Where lockout is really a lockout, not some function of muting based on the single mute volume setting on the V1. Plus want the display either killed during that ”lockout“ for the lockout frequency.......

new same or different Non GPS band bogy would kick full alerts based on V1 settings (A, l, L) triggered by personal choice or auto GPS area (not talking lockout) based V1 settings/feature like JBV1 has.

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
FWIW I having muting at zero and minimum alpha on locked out alerts. So all I see is a very faint visual alert in the alert table. It in no way distracts from priority alerts.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW I having muting at zero and minimum alpha on locked out alerts. So all I see is a very faint visual alert in the alert table. It in no way distracts from priority alerts.
Yea, get that. However, that zero muting setting also applies to all K band (?).. yes, not Ka which would be priority. How does it know to have louder non V1 muted (at zero setting you use) for a non lock out new real K band? Sure, the memo setting can do a quick bump. Do not want that since with multiple k band locked out in same area would get the memo burst for locked false alerts. I have too much K band around here to run little l K band at zero. Or for thst matter L Bust through alerts. Does this makes sense? Maybe I am missing something. Otherwuse in the traditional sense of “auto lockouts“ (or manual pinned), other brands have no audio (while preserving likely real threat loud audio settings), and no/gray out display for auto lockout signals

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yea, get that. However, that zero muting setting also applies to all K band (?).. yes, not Ka which would be priority. How does it know to have louder non V1 muted (at zero setting you use) for a non lock out new real K band? Sure, the memo setting can do a quick bump. Do not want that since with multiple k band locked out in same area would get the memo burst for locked false alerts. I have too much K band around here to run little l K band at zero. Or for thst matter L Bust through alerts. Does this makes sense? Maybe I am missing something. Otherwuse in the traditional sense of “auto lockouts“ (or manual pinned), other brands have no audio (while preserving likely real threat loud audio settings), and no/gray out display for auto lockout signals
JBV1 will alert if there's a threat that shouldn't be muted. If that alert is also the V1 "priority" alert, V1 will also be unmuted.

carls3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Was getting ready to start a new post untill i saw this one..
I thought JBV1 wasnt working for me as i keep hearing warning sounds ..
I have my JBV1 set up so all the audible is done by the detector, and thought JBV1 was suppose to completely silence the detector with auto mute and i have silent ride at 30....
Also made me feel like lockouts were not working since i here warning sounds and see visual on the display caused from door openers that ive been by a hundred times.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was getting ready to start a new post untill i saw this one..
I thought JBV1 wasnt working for me as i keep hearing warning sounds ..
I have my JBV1 set up so all the audible is done by the detector, and thought JBV1 was suppose to completely silence the detector with auto mute and i have silent ride at 30....
Also made me feel like lockouts were not working since i here warning sounds and see visual on the display caused from door openers that ive been by a hundred times.
What do you have your muted volume set to?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARTIndyCar