Error 2 check cables or defective sensor

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
So today I went for a drive in one of my cars and as I was about a mile from my house the ALPs alerted to a poliscan there was no laser and there are no poliscans in my town. thought it was strange but didn't think anything of it. I arrived home and then a few hours later I went back out this time I get "Error 2 check cables or defective sensor" shut the ALPs off and wait 30 seconds or so and turn them back on and nothing. arrive at my destination then 30 minutes later I head home with the same exact thing on start up "error 2 check cables or defective sensor" turn the system off wait turn back on and nothing. arrive home and shut everything off. I checked all the cables and connections and didn't see any issues. turn the system on and same thing Error 2.

What could it be and if it is a defective sensor how to I figure out which one? I bought the system in March and have only driven the car a handful of times so the system hasn't seen much use.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Unplug the cables 1 by 1 until it only says a sensor is missing, rather than error 2
And then I would go look at all the connections for that cable and spray some electrical contact cleaner in them, it could be dust - happened to me with one connector the o-ring didn't seat properly. Gave me a lot of intermittent errors, but after cleaning and sealing it up with electrical tape i haven't had an issue for 2 months knock on wood.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beemerchef