My R3 in every time we do laser testing it picks it up....i keep getting shot same gun and nothing on the R3???

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I just think its weird since january including 3 hits this week with 2 guns mainly in my area.... easily defeated laster atlanta fhp loves to use.....my R3 again silent while my jammers took care of laser(TMG) Has been solid since buying 12 months ago. ....and the week before stalker xlr from an overpass long distance shot(porst st lucie police using more of these eleveated traps) with laser stalker xlr and again from max range when he started and again My R3 silent.... Just dont get when we all met in testing every 6 months the last 3 times always my R3 would detect almost all laser there and yet same gun it doesnt pick it up...anyways sometimes it will pick it up (20% time against a cop shooting the gun) or less!!! i like to have this alert as its another eye catcher which has saved me in the past believe it or not it alerted to the stalker rlr in palm beacch and my music was so loud i didnt hear it until i saw the R3 laser alert.... immediately killed music and my autokill was almost expired....in this case the R3 saved my ass 4sure....
i just wonder about the r3 variation in testing our jammers every 6 months(thank you bravo and all who make this happen) i just got lucky and port st lucie happens to be my hometown where we test!

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well when testing we are also painting you for a couple thousand feet and the jammers are firing nonstop so the chances of catching it are higher. Also in the wild hard to know if it's scatter that the more sensitive TMGs are getting and the R3 doesn't or if it's a direct hit. I got a laser atlanta hit last weekend at St Lucie west 95 northbound. Still have yet to see FHP stalker or a bridge/ramp shot. You get all the fun.

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well when testing we are also painting you for a couple thousand feet and the jammers are firing nonstop so the chances of catching it are higher. Also in the wild hard to know if it's scatter that the more sensitive TMGs are getting and the R3 doesn't or if it's a direct hit. I got a laser atlanta hit last weekend at St Lucie west 95 northbound. Still have yet to see FHP stalker or a bridge/ramp shot. You get all the fun.
It was the psl police shooting on top of st Lucie west Boulevard. 95 n overpass. I was shocked to see the psl and fhp was doing their own thing. Psl city police had 4 to 5 chase cars 930am. Sight to see:)
Driving south just north of Jupiter fhp shot point blank as its around a bend so i couldn't see him and had no time to do anything but let off gas. Another save. They are out in drones

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
That is concerning only as I have yet to see PSL, Martin or Palm beach county sheriffs actually patrolling 95 for speed enforcement, I have seen them help with busts of drug or criminals on 95, but never run speed traps, thats been all FHP since I have been here (other than empty cruisers once and a while near the exit ramps to slow folks down). Technically they can patrol for speed along 95, just havent seen it done in the few years I have been here, it used to be pretty common perhaps with budget issues from covid they are making up some revenue... though plenty of speeders in city streets. Wish I had known about that trap would have been cool to do a drive through.

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why you're wasting time testing it on laser? On any windshield mount RD the laser detection is a novelty at best. Just seems like a waste of mental energy

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just think its weird since january including 3 hits this week with 2 guns mainly in my area.... easily defeated laster atlanta fhp loves to use.....my R3 again silent while my jammers took care of laser(TMG) Has been solid since buying 12 months ago. ....and the week before stalker xlr from an overpass long distance shot(porst st lucie police using more of these eleveated traps) with laser stalker xlr and again from max range when he started and again My R3 silent.... Just dont get when we all met in testing every 6 months the last 3 times always my R3 would detect almost all laser there and yet same gun it doesnt pick it up...anyways sometimes it will pick it up (20% time against a cop shooting the gun) or less!!! i like to have this alert as its another eye catcher which has saved me in the past believe it or not it alerted to the stalker rlr in palm beacch and my music was so loud i didnt hear it until i saw the R3 laser alert.... immediately killed music and my autokill was almost expired....in this case the R3 saved my ass 4sure....
i just wonder about the r3 variation in testing our jammers every 6 months(thank you bravo and all who make this happen) i just got lucky and port st lucie happens to be my hometown where we test!
If you really want to get your R3 to alert more consistently to laser, then try moving it to the middle of the WS down low for a little while and see if what you are experiencing doesn't change re laser. Most LEOs are going to target your CM first. If your RD is up high, chances are much more likely it will miss that CM shot.

It will be an interesting experiment, if nothing else.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
decay