Radenso Video: Why can't I test multiple radar detectors next to each other?

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and enable notifications so you get instant alerts anytime a new video is uploaded!

--

One rule all radar detector enthusiasts mention is that you cannot use multiple radar detectors next to each other but nobody has been able to explain the exact reasons why. In this video, Jon and Mindi go in depth and explain why!

Want to be the first to pre-order Theia? Sign up for the mailing list here: https://radenso.com/products/radenso-theia

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/radensoradar
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/radenso
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/radensoradar
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/radensoradar
Radenso Podcast - http://podcast.radenso.com

CarefulDriver

Wiping dust of R1
Beginner User
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you again and please keep making these great videos!

alloy00

vMax
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I like this. Can you start every video with a 2-minute prologue:
- Price unknown but between $750 & $1000
- Arrows (Dual Horn)
- Best range with some skepticism and sassiness
- AI is real but it won't kill me like Terminator
- Laser/Ticket Notifier

This way, we won't forget :D

Seriously - thanks for the videos

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
$849 Bob...

How about two shielded or stealth detectors at either end of the windshield?

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Great video. Once again Radenso is educating us....why so falses and misses can happen with legacy detectors.

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So when I am driving on the coastline and there are boats offshore with radar will they cause falses?

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
So when I am driving on the coastline and there are boats offshore with radar will they cause falses?

Even with normal detectors, I think most of that radar is out of band. If it's KA or K band and looks like CW, it would false a traditional detector. I think there might be some X band marine radar but most of it is lower frequency I think, so not much of a concern for modern detectors. Theia won't have an issue either way.

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I like this. Can you start every video with a 2-minute prologue:
- Price unknown but between $750 & $1000
- Arrows (Dual Horn)
- Best range with some skepticism and sassiness
- AI is real but it won't kill me like Terminator
- Laser/Ticket Notifier

This way, we won't forget :D

Seriously - thanks for the videos
Vortex needs this, along with an answer to "what is the best RD", in every one of his livestreams.

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Even with normal detectors, I think most of that radar is out of band. If it's KA or K band and looks like CW, it would false a traditional detector. I think there might be some X band marine radar but most of it is lower frequency I think, so not much of a concern for modern detectors. Theia won't have an issue either way.
I assumed it wouldn't since airport radar doesn't set it off. But nice to know the reason why. Thanks!

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Now I want to do some testing. We have all seen the falses from garbage RDs. But what about a stealth detector like G2? What about a G2 on the windshield and a remote mount up in the grill. Most of what they see of each other will be bounced off of other vehicles or objects in front of the car. I have seen zero interference between NRDSP and G2. A bunch of runs with different bands for the radar trap seems in order. The slowed reaction or sleeping is the most insidious form of interference and naturally the most difficult to reproduce.

Radenso's video brings about another question: Is running dual band wifi in the car hindering your RD's performance? Many vehicles have built in hotspots. Many people use their phone to provide hotspots.

Many thanks to Radenso for producing and sharing these videos.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Now I want to do some testing. We have all seen the falses from garbage RDs. But what about a stealth detector like G2? What about a G2 on the windshield and a remote mount up in the grill. Most of what they see of each other will be bounced off of other vehicles or objects in front of the car. I have seen zero interference between NRDSP and G2. A bunch of runs with different bands for the radar trap seems in order. The slowed reaction or sleeping is the most insidious form of interference and naturally the most difficult to reproduce.

Radenso's video brings about another question: Is running dual band wifi in the car hindering your RD's performance? Many vehicles have built in hotspots. Many people use their phone to provide hotspots.

Many thanks to Radenso for producing and sharing these videos.

No because radar detector front ends have bandpass filters in them to block stuff like WIFI. We were just looking at things with a SDR which can see a wider amount of frequencies.

ShadowTrooper

First Guard
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

You are correct, at least on the boats I've ran it is X band and in the 9 GHz range

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No because radar detector front ends have bandpass filters in them to block stuff like WIFI. We were just looking at things with a SDR which can see a wider amount of frequencies.

I understand that they have bandpass filters but don't the harmonics raise the noise floor?

dyn0mitemat

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Would running detectors on different frequencies change anything here? Like one detector on the windshield only for k band, another for KA band? I assume this would probably have different outcomes depending on how it 'disables' the bands it's not using in each specific Rd so it doesn't interfere with the other

What about work similar detectors, ex: ghetto arrow setups where two R1's for instance are run, one forward, one towards the rear. Being the same model I would the the filtering would be able to compensate for it, being that it is the same model. On the other hand I can see the frequencies growing in strength together and still causing possible issues.

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Mindi: people have been asking if it's going to have arrows...
Jon: yes, it has arrows.
Mindi: yes, it has arrows, dual horn, um...
Jon: please don't ask Randy that, please. Just please, don't.
Mindi: He will go off the deep end...

Rdforum: Challenge accepted.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik