Toronto’s speeding cameras to start automatically ticketing drivers on July 6

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

j.
Give it a few months, and you'll have to put up with cameras ticketing drivers for going too fast anywhere. You know, because these first cameras will have been deemed a huge success by city hall which is desperate for funds. The b.s. game goes on guys...

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
CBC.ca: Toronto photo radar units start issuing speeding tickets today. Here's what's happening across the GTA.
Cameras are now ticketing.
Question
The article states they were starting this in school zones.
WTF?
Here in BC school is out for summer..
School zones only in effect 8 to 5 on days when school is in session.
Covid had schools shut mostly since March
So what the F does Ontario need summertime pandemic school zone speed cameras for???
Maybe some playground zones, but guaranteed these will be raking it in on regular 70 and under city boulevards asap.

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Give it a few months, and you'll have to put up with cameras ticketing drivers for going too fast anywhere. You know, because these first cameras will have been deemed a huge success by city hall which is desperate for funds. The b.s. game goes on guys...
The new Edmonton you have know idea how screwed you are now .

SilenceDogoodNinja

driven by data
Beginner User
Reaction score

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yup you will get a ticket for walking out your front
Door soon haha it will only get worse at first it won’t seem to bad then wait for the complacency sets in and the tickets fly. Drivers
become speed limit zombies staring straight ahead half asleep or so robotic they just play with there phones accident rates up tick and justifie
More cameras until many people just avoid driving all together already many young people
Don’t want drivers licenses Trucking has become a nightmare of regulation many avoid it as an occupation. Another level of watching you to make sure your safe . Nobody moves nobody gets hurt .

Vancity23

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Its all about safety right?

Anyone know what type of cameras they are?

The tickets will be for fines ranging from $5 per KPH for those going 1-19 KPH over the speed limit; $7.50 per KPH for those going 20-29 KPH over the speed..guessing there will be some challenges in court...

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Its all about safety right?

Anyone know what type of cameras they are?

The tickets will be for fines ranging from $5 per KPH for those going 1-19 KPH over the speed limit; $7.50 per KPH for those going 20-29 KPH over the speed..guessing there will be some challenges in court...
Courts a joke you will not win and Alberta moving to adjudicator to blow off your right to fight the ticket and how many people can afford to take time off work .drop the demerit reason to fight it you just take the pain. You own a car you can afford it if you don’t like it don’t speed . Drive like a zombie I have seen it in Edmonton it’s pathetic
And there still crashing all over the place self driving cars the future . If this is the case why should I buy a car 🚘 I don’t enjoy it drive it or have need to own one . cars to go may be the future just show up and go. then make everyone
Else who must own a car or truck pay pay pay.
Post automatically merged:

j.
It grow like dandelions

Last edited:

Vancity23

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear ya man, but anytime there is a new way to charge people money, there is a group that wants to challenge it...I certainly would...

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I hear ya man, but anytime there is a new way to charge people money, there is a group that wants to challenge it...I certainly would...
Good luck but the deck is stacked

BMW4FUN

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Vancity23, to answer your question, the ones in Toronto are Redflex low powered K band.

For the moment they are marked, but from what I understand, they will be moving around the city in other locations every few months. Not sure if they will be marked at the new locations though.

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have won on numerous occasions, in Vancouver courts.
Good job BC still has justice system Alberta working to making it only appear to be just kangaroo court. I wish more people would use there rights.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrappy281