New V1G2 not one Laser chirp

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
There are actual Laser Tester devices sold by "parking sensor" companies. I got mine from ALP I believe. Perhaps someone near you can help you out @steve042. What general area do you live in? Nevermind, I see it. :)

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t think so. Different wavelength.
Try if you want 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just tried with a laser pointer for S&G. No go. Like @DocTJ said, different wavelength.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know if those laser pointer gadgets people use to play with cats will trigger the V1G2?
My V1G2 will alert to IR remotes for TVs, DVD/BlueRay players, even VCRs if you're old enough to remember them.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a DVD player installed in one of my cars that had a remote for it. It used to set off my v2.619 V1 (and so would Chevy Trailblazer neon 3rd-brake lights) but that same remote would not cause my v3.8945 to alert at all. (Same with the Chevy Trailblazers)

I'm sure that some IR remotes can still cause false laser alerts, but not all of them will. :)

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Post automatically merged:

I have a DVD player installed in one of my cars that had a remote for it. It used to set off my v2.619 V1 (and so would Chevy Trailblazer neon 3rd-brake lights) but that same remote would not cause my v3.8945 to alert at all. (Same with the Chevy Trailblazers)

I'm sure that some IR remotes can still cause false laser alerts, but not all of them will. :)
While I'm sure that may be true, there seem to be plenty that do. :)

Last edited:

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you’re an iPhone user, the laser dot projector which is part of the FaceID hardware will work to test for laser on the V1. Just point the top notch part of the screen towards the sensors WITHOUT first unlocking the screen. (Also, make sure you’ve not triggered FaceID not to function anymore due to 3 failed attempts where the phone will ask for your pin to unlock as the FaceID hardware is disabled at this point and it won’t fault, so don’t want you doing that and thinking it’s not faulting when in fact the laser dot projector just isn’t projecting.)

commonc3nts

Get out of my way
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never once had a RD with laser detect being shot with laser.
The cop laser just doesnt reach that high on your car with enough intensity to set off the detector.
The only option to detect laser is get laser jammers as they are specifically designed to detect laser.
LOL, I spoke too soon. I actually had my detector go off for laser an hour ago. That is the 1st time I ever had a detector go off for laser. Every other case I have been hit with laser, it never went off. Did not get a ticket as I was only going 80 mph which is normal even though the speed limit is unreasonably slow at 65 mph.

This time there was a loser cop on the median perched up on his door holding a laser gun and shooting cars in the middle of this covid crisis. I did not notice any reason why this time it went off versus every other time over the last 10 years.

LOL

The WiZard

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently completed a 3k mile east coast road trip. My G2 had 3 laser alerts. One legit hit from the rear sensor, 2 falses from the front. I could not identify the first false but assumed it to be some vehicle’s cruise control, as I was surrounded by Audis, Volvos, and BMWs. No idea why there were 10 European cars in such a tight cluster at that exact moment in time... The second false was when I was approaching a toll booth on the FL TP. Both falses were brief, sub 1 sec chirps.

carls3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Its funny i have some run time on mine and never got a laser hit.. I guess its location location... Just like getting good warning distance , all depends on where ya live and drive.
But i have recently turn my laser off...

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just for reference, Volvos usually set min gen 1 off if passing by on two lane roads in the opposite direction. Won’t do it on divided highways as much or long distances. Mazdas pretty much very similar. Not every single ones does it. Specific models or specifically spect ones. There’s is one pos small ass Toyota newer car I’ve seen do it and I’m always surprised because that thing doesn’t look like it even has ABS, let alone laser anything. Might be a newer small non-hatch Yaris or some shit.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yup to this date I can't get my V1G2 to false or alert to Laser
I wrote to Valentine on the site Vortex gave for new unit issues
so far no response
I have an IPhone 8 but that won't make it false and I tried 2 different tv remotes
no dice no alerts
I did check my settings in V1 Connection and Laser is not turned off
anyone have any ideas
Perhaps my unit has a Laser defect

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
so far no response
I have an IPhone 8 but that won't make it false and I tried 2 different tv remotes
no dice no alerts
anyone have any ideas
Drive 100 mph on the highway everyday. In a few days it should alert correctly.

Seriously, mine has only had 1 alert and although I didn't see a cop I suspect he was there. I have had no false alerts. As soon as I drive my other car with V1G1 it falses here and there. If you really want to know, find a friendly cop with Lidar and ask him if he can shoot your car to verify your speedometer accuracy.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
so far no response
no dice no alerts
anyone have any ideas
Are you trying both the front and back laser with the remotes? My front sensor doesn't work, but my back sensor works fine with my laser testers and several remotes.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
As I wrote earlier, I was also concerned because I haven't had even one alert since it arrived a little over a month ago and with the V1 Gen 1 I received many laser alerts. I use V1 Driver and using my golf laser rangefinder, V1 Driver did record laser alerts from both the front and rear so I know it is capable of receiving an alert but still none in actual driving.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
so far no response
I suspect that email is a little backed up. Just call them and nicely explain your issue. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beemerchef