New V1G2 not one Laser chirp

Redline411

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My V1 always falsed to laser! I received my V1G2 and only got 1 false in 3 weeks. I just recently added window film to my car, including the windshield, so I'll no longer receive any laser alerts. That's what I have ALP for. ;)

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My V1 always falsed to laser! I received my V1G2 and only got 1 false in 3 weeks. I just recently added window film to my car, including the windshield, so I'll no longer receive any laser alerts. That's what I have ALP for. ;)
Its my understanding unless you used a window film with metallic properties you will still be able to receive laser alerts. Most of the higher grade films/tints do not have any metallic materials.

Redline411

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Its my understanding unless you used a window film with metallic properties you will still be able to receive laser alerts. Most of the higher grade films/tints do not have any metallic materials.
It’s Llumar Stratos 30 all around and Llumar Air 80 on the windshield. It’s a Nano-ceramic film that blocks over 96% IR, so pretty much no laser is making it through. The Nano Ceramic film allows me to still use my mounted V1G2 as the non-metallic properties still allow the radio waves to pass through with no performance loss.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It’s Llumar Stratos 30 all around and Llumar Air 80 on the windshield. It’s a Nano-ceramic film that blocks over 96% IR, so pretty much no laser is making it through. The Nano Ceramic film allows me to still use my mounted V1G2 as the non-metallic properties still allow the radio waves to pass through with no performance loss.
I have the Xpel XR Black 5% which is also a nano-ceramic with no metallic and I was told by their "technical expert" that laser would get through. Further when I tested it with a laser range finder it did in fact alert. You might want to try "shooting" your G2 with a TV remote and see if it alerts. You might be surprised.

Redline411

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have the Xpel XR Black 5% which is also a nano-ceramic with no metallic and I was told by their "technical expert" that laser would get through. Further when I tested it with a laser range finder it did in fact alert. You might want to try "shooting" your G2 with a TV remote and see if it alerts. You might be surprised.
I was told that it wouldn’t work. I’ll turn laser back on and attempt passes through both the back window and windshield and let you know. It doesn’t matter for me as I’ll be relying on my jammers, but it’ll be useful for others.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, that’s a weird one. I hope it’s not an indication of Lidar now being crappy on the G2 as well. Where is yours mounted? I find that ironically it works best higher up for both radar and Lidar, which is contrary to what people say.
Mine is not. @GTO_04 used my DESL to TSF various parts of the Raptor (while sitting still). G2 went off every time. He was close 50-75 yards, so no wide beam. Also, if I remember correct he tagged some other things close by and G2 alerted. Not a comprehensive test. But, showed it worked well. Oh, G2 was tucked up high behind add on windshield tint.

Last edited:

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So sorry to report
I tried two different remote tv remotes on my new V1G2
A Comcast remote which I believe is a Bluetooth device and a

All in one which I believe emits a light

no laser from front or rear

so I’m kinda shocked as my unit was shipped after the covid restart

I’ll call Valentine on Monday and see if they have any ideas otherwise I hope there willing to fix

pretty disappointed

never had any issues with my plastic R7

add me to the list of mechanical issues

commonc3nts

Get out of my way
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never once had a RD with laser detect being shot with laser.
The cop laser just doesnt reach that high on your car with enough intensity to set off the detector.
The only option to detect laser is get laser jammers as they are specifically designed to detect laser.

F15

No radar/lidar tickets, 25+ years
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did not read the thread, but a bonus for me going from V1 to G2 is that now I do not have to disable gesture controls in my G05:

See post #48:

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been running mine since March and had zero falses. Both sensors work great with my laser tester however.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So sorry to report
I tried two different remote tv remotes on my new V1G2
A Comcast remote which I believe is a Bluetooth device and a

All in one which I believe emits a light

no laser from front or rear

so I’m kinda shocked as my unit was shipped after the covid restart

I’ll call Valentine on Monday and see if they have any ideas otherwise I hope there willing to fix

pretty disappointed

never had any issues with my plastic R7

add me to the list of mechanical issues
Use your iPhone if you’ve got one with FaceID on it. Just hold it up in front of the V1 and tap the screen to get it to try and unlock with FaceID. The laser dot emitter should set it off. Works on the back sensor too but that one can be a bit more finicky, at least it is on my V1G1.

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have seen one quick laser false on the rear but thats all its done. I sort of expected certain cars to be an issue but so far very quiet.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks I will try it and report back in the am

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I tested my Gen 2 for laser again this afternoon. Used my golf rangefinder from about 20 yards away first from the front and then from the rear. I didn't hear the alarm but V1 Driver app did drop a pin for both indicating "Learning Laser". After I deleted the pins. So mine still appears to be working just fine.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
just tried 2 different tv remotes
no laser response
guess i'll call Valentine customer service monday
see what they say

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
just tried 2 different tv remotes
no laser response
guess i'll call Valentine customer service monday
see what they say
Are you sure laser detection is turned on? Try checking with V1 Connection.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all remotes will work. RF remotes won't work at all.

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Today I had to use my backup car that I have the V1G1 in. My normal drive is about an hour and I noted in an earlier post that the V1G2 doesn't false alert to Laser on my ride. Today I had at least 3 falses in each direction with the V1G1. I also noted earlier that when swapping out the units in my primary vehicle I pointed it at the infotainment screen and the V1G1 falsed but the V1G2 didn't. On a whim I used my cell phone light (LED) and pointed it at the V1G1 and it caused a false alert with both the front and rear sensors. I did the same with the V1G2 and no alerts.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wrswartz