Got the new unit 5 weeks ago
very good Ka distance
k bsm a bit chatty
but much improved with V1 Driver

But not 1 laser chirp false alert or any activity
even if I put my iPhone right up to it

I check to see if I inadvertently turned laser off

but no

anyone else having similar experiences .

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
You tried both the front and rear sensors?

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
How are you checking that laser is on in the settings?

user

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I got mine in late March and like you had not had one false laser Chirp. Then last week I spent the week in the Seattle area visiting my son. I must have had ten false laser hits during that week

MarvC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Mine rarely false to-laser.
I thought the same as you, did the above test with my TV remote. Rear shoot straight on, front shoot underneath the detector from the front to set an alert off.
I have had three legitimate hits with LIDAR, one yesterday. Going the PSL, I do know it works mine just does not false.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine rarely or never falsed to laser. It's either a legit hit or when I turn on my ALPs

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
When I was swapping out my G1 for the G2 I inadvertently pointed the G1 at my infotainment screen and it immediately falsed with a Laser alert. After putting the G2 in I pointed it at the same screen and no false alert. To confirm my results I swapped back to the G1 and sure enough a false every time. I have had my G2 for about a month now and I travel a fair amount. My G1 would regularly false on Laser. My average ride to a specific company is an hour and it would false 2 or 3 times on average. I have had 1 Laser alert with the G2 and I assume it was a false because I didn't see any cops. Extremely happy with the G2.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Like others posted, I have not had one false (or real) laser alert in almost a month using my Gen 2. I was concerned so I tested it with my golf laser rangefinder and yes it did alert both from the front and the rear. As others mentioned I did receive false alerts from time to time with my Gen 1, so I'm thinking the laser "logic" built into the Gen 2 has been changed (for the better??).

sbx7

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I get false laser hits with my G2 to cars with those little led daytime running lights. My G1 false laser to Volvo's.

bbert73

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I got mine on June 1st. And when I went to TN to have my LJs tested I also had my Gen2 on. He shot me with a DETC and PL3 and one other gun. I started at about 1200 ft away and started my run. While my ALP was alerting, my Gen2 did a couple strange things. Sometimes it would alert, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes it would go off and then go silent then go off then silent again. Sometimes both the front arrow and rear arrow would blink at the same time. I don't know what's going on with it but I sure can't trust it with lidar.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, that’s a weird one. I hope it’s not an indication of Lidar now being crappy on the G2 as well. Where is yours mounted? I find that ironically it works best higher up for both radar and Lidar, which is contrary to what people say.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, that’s a weird one. I hope it’s not an indication of Lidar now being crappy on the G2 as well. Where is yours mounted? I find that ironically it works best higher up for both radar and Lidar, which is contrary to what people say.
Valentine clearly states in their Gen 2 literature that higher is better.

bbert73

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've got it mounted as high up as I can get it.

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My last two trips accounted for 6 falser. I've fully disabled laser detection and will rely solely on my jammers. I just need to check if JBV1 will log laser hits reported by TMG or only ones detected by V1.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
i keep mine high up

i like the V1 visor clip

its easy to run the power cord up the left windshield pillar then place the power

wire up underneath where the top of the windsheild hits the roof

have to try the remote to see if it sets off the laser!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerrun