pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Last edited:

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
Ouch, that sucks and to my understanding the TX head is not available in Europe. That's one of the first reports of DE's being used over there. That's a good question though if EU FW supports DE's if not, time for it to be added. Not to mention, RX/TX setup.

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The thing is I don't know if it's a donation or an actual purchase from the police. If it's a donation, like a TSS reported a few years ago, it's not that bad since it would be used only in Athens during summertime (only time with light traffic) or for minimizing illegal street racing during summer nights. If it's a real purchase it is 100% sure there are others too around Greece. I hope I have some news soon enough to inform drivers and manufacturers.

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
After many many hours of research, things are apparently much worse than I first thought. I found a document which states that 10 DETC guns are bought for central Macedonia (northern Greece) with a cost of 2,250€ per unit. I believe that there are much more guns for other parts of Greece but I haven't find anything yet. So, if ALP, TMG and every other jammer manufacturer around notices this post, do something about it.

This one goes to this forum: all these are caused by me. Greek police follows my nickname everywhere (this is the proof) and tries to defeat every possible CM. So, many UL are serviced, Traffipatrol XR and clones too, some TSS (don't know the number, I only know one) and now we have Stalker and DETC lidars.

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just found out that things are even worse. Is there any state in USA that has 71 DESL? DragonEye is represented in Greece by a company that produces military grade equipment and it's called Hellenic Instruments I.K.E. On January 19, 2020, they got a payment for 61, yes, it's true, 61 lidar guns...!!! And these are distributed in central Greece, 6 are in Northernwest Greece (Epirus) and we already know about 10 in Macedonia. We have 5 more in Ionian islands and 5 more in Northern Aegean Islands. What I understande is that 61 is in one document and the 10 more are in another (different date of purchase), so the total number in Greece is 71 if I'm not missing something.

First of all the payment:
https://diavgeia.gov.gr/doc/6ΛΠ946ΜΚ6Π-ΨΛΟ?inline=true

The numbers are clear: 61 lidars for 165,651.60€

You can see the text below for every case. It's in Greek but you can see the numbers (quantity and cost).

https://diavgeia.gov.gr/doc/ΨΟ00Κ2Π-ΨΨΝ?inline=true
https://diavgeia.gov.gr/doc/Ω1557Λ9-ΔΚΗ?inline=true
https://diavgeia.gov.gr/doc/Ψ0ΩΟ43Κ-10Ρ?inline=true

And the question is this: how can they offer their gun so cheap? The Stalker costs about 3,200€ in Greece (Traffipatrol XR is more than this). At least this is the cost of the donation.

Last edited:

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Advanced User
Reaction score
This one goes to this forum: all these are caused by me. Greek police follows my nickname everywhere (this is the proof) and tries to defeat every possible CM. So, many UL are serviced, Traffipatrol XR and clones too, some TSS (don't know the number, I only know one) and now we have Stalker and DETC lidars.
Forgive my ignorance , as you’ve been a member longer than I have :
But why do they follow you and your nickname everywhere ?

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance , as you’ve been a member longer than I have :
But why do they follow you and your nickname everywhere ?
I am the only one that continued to write about CM in Greece since 2005. They followed me here, learned what to ask for and since LTi and Robot guns are represented by the same guy (I don't believe they could accept another company) they found another company to bring the deadly DragonEye lidars in Greece. To be exact true I have a suspicion/theory: one worker of Hellenic Instruments was a user on a forum I used to write. He was another one who followed me here. Of course there is another theory here: someone who sells CM contacted police and educated them. I don't know what to believe but everything is possible now.

Don't want to seem egoistic but there was a time police changed traffic law because of me and tried at least 3-4 times to correct the mistakes I made them do by writing certain things on purpose.

Last edited:

ARkaband

WDE
Advanced User
Reaction score
And the question is this: how can they offer their gun so cheap? The Stalker costs about 3,200€ in Greece (Traffipatrol XR is more than this). At least this is the cost of the donation.
This has been a tactic by DET for a while. Offer their guns cheaper as a method of gaining new contracts in as many areas as possible. I’m sorry that they’ve made their way to your country.
Also, if the authorities are following your name, you should contact the security team here to see if you can get a username change, or start elevating your content so it’s not visible to the general public.

Last edited:

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It's confirmed first hand. DESL is present in Greece. Encountered one of the five DESL guns bought for NW Greece several times the last few days. It was a well known speed trap so I organized the time of travel to verify the presence of DESL.
I drove my car two of the times and I had V1G1 for testing with me all the time. Distance of first shot around 600m/1800ft. One time acquisition was fast (around 1-2 seconds). Most of the time it was way too slow (5-8 seconds) so there was enough time to slow down. One time it was double shot. V1G1 alerted in 100% of the encounters. I can recognize at least two of the LEOs (different body type) so I believe that the slow target acquisition is a intrinsic characteristic of the gun and not a matter of the shooter, but I need feedback on this (read following paragraph).
I had the chance to shoot the gun myself for a couple of minutes (another gun, another place, NW Greece though, after the first encounter). I have shot UL, TP original and now DESL. It's slow like Traffipatrol, not fast like Ultralyte thing that proves the V1G1 detections. Didn't play with the menu to check version, ECCM etc as the officer wasn't cool with me playing with a gun that was issued to him.
I have video from some of the encounters and I will upload when I have some time and my PC.

Last edited:

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to shoot the gun myself for a couple of minutes (another gun, another place, NW Greece though, after the first encounter). I have shot UL, TP original and now DESL. It's slow like Traffipatrol, not fast like Ultralyte thing that proves the V1G1 detections. Didn't play with the menu to check version, ECCM etc as the officer wasn't cool with me playing with a gun that was issued to him.

:megashifty:
I have experience using it & do not have the same results as you have found. I should not say why in a Public forum, there is no telling WHO might be reading this.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabby