TMG 3 or 4 head placement options - Jaguar F-Type - Front

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at installing my recently purchased TMG heads on my '16 F-Type, hoping to get some advice on placement and head count.

I've got four heads, and I'm not very concerned about being shot in the rear, so I'm considering installing all four on the front, and doing two in the rear at a later date.

I'm open of course to just using three in the front as well, whichever is believed to work best.

I've attached a bunch of photos with different placements that I'm thinking about.

The green jag is mine. The front license plate has to stay unfortunately (for now).

System info:
TMG G1 heads
No VPR heads (someday!)

Option 1:
I was thinking maybe I could put vertical heads near the sides of the bumper, directly below the headlight with two horizontal heads in the grill.
jag_front-4.jpg

However, those side inlets are slightly behind the front grill:
jag_front_top-4.jpg
jag_side-4.jpg

jag_close-side.jpg

Option 2:
The other way to use 4 heads would be a square shape in the grill, although the grill is relatively small, probably not necessary.

jag_front-4sq.jpg

jag_front_top-4sq.jpg

jag_close-4sq.jpg

Option 3:
Probably the more sensible option (where's the fun in that?), three heads in a typical configuration.
jag_front-3.jpg

jag_front_top-3.jpg

jag_side-3.jpg

This last photo you can see how the license plate is getting in the way. Could I place the head under the plate? Probably too low to the ground.
jag_close-3.jpg

I appreciate any input or other placement ideas! I'm looking for max coverage/protection, on account of how easy it is to double PSL.

Attachments

• jag_side-4sq.jpg
    jag_side-4sq.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 22

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What Jag just posted, AKA your last option (#3) with 3 heads IMHO. You can always attach the middle head to the license plate bracket.

4 heads are sometimes worse than 2 or 3 on a smaller car.

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you @Jag42 and @OBeerWANKenobi

The 3 head option does seem to be the more sensible configuration.

I'm going to start the install this weekend I think. Should be a "fun" one.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
On a car that low, you want to minimize interference with reflections off the ground. I'd say install the 3 heads and make sure you can disconnect the middle head for testing (so side heads on one splitter cable on port 1, middle head on port 2). Test with 2 heads and 3 heads. My biggest concern with your car and your available placement is protection on the sides. Make sure you test your system with someone who owns a Dragoneye gun. That's where you'll find the limits of your system.

Also, make sure the bigger bubbles are outwards. The manual has the bubble inwards which isn't ideal for your car.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Option 3.

Get the additional head for the rear when you can. You never know when you'll get tagged in the rear and that will be your ticket. I've encountered many rear shots and you'd be surprised

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks @Phantom Z3 and @V1Jake

I'll do option three. And @V1Jake is probably right, dual head in the rear and I should be good to go!

Thanks all for the advice! I'll hopefully be able to get the front installed this weekend, I'll do the rear in a couple of weeks, that's going to be difficult I think.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks @Phantom Z3 and @V1Jake

I'll do option three. And @V1Jake is probably right, dual head in the rear and I should be good to go!

Thanks all for the advice! I'll hopefully be able to get the front installed this weekend, I'll do the rear in a couple of weeks, that's going to be difficult I think.

Try to makeuour Front Installs SEMI-Permanent

Therefore when you get the VPR head or 2 rear
Heads you can swap your STRONGEST G2 heads up FRONT and G1 heads REAR.

OR JUST get 2 G2 heads for each side.

Can wait for the VPR. For that matter can wait for G2 heads also. 🤫🤫

Just get your setup tested and with a Drago 🤓🤓
or STALKER (FL) and many other states cause its Lightning quick.

Benzr

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmednofal