[V1 gen2] Considering buying a Remote Audio Adapter w/ ESP. I miss the old volume knob

dkast85

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is anybody running a V1 gen2 with the old Remote Audio Adapter?

I honestly don’t like the volume system on the new model (everything else is pretty great though) and I’m considering installing one for the simple fact that I prefer the old volume knob. Has anyone else done this?

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes, I've posted about it a couple of times. I custom built in the Remote Audio to my dash. I turned off the volume on the V1G2 completely and just us the remote now.

dkast85

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yes, I've posted about it a couple of times. I custom built in the Remote Audio to my dash. I turned off the volume on the V1G2 completely and just us the remote now.

That's great. I'll check out your posts about it now. Do you have pics of your install? Just curious.

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
That's great. I'll check out your posts about it now. Do you have pics of your install? Just curious.

The first part is the Remote Audio.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is anybody running a V1 gen2 with the old Remote Audio Adapter?

I honestly don’t like the volume system on the new model (everything else is pretty great though) and I’m considering installing one for the simple fact that I prefer the old volume knob. Has anyone else done this?
Yes I miss THE KNOB also. I know Mike Valintine said that they didn't have room in the case for the knob. I say so let it stick out of the case who cares it works. Valintine could make it an upgrade that you pay for. I'd send mine in for that.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I personally think it was more than just not having room for the old internal part. You might not have wanted it to stick out on top too because the nearest equivalent available part might have been nearly twice the diameter. :) But that's just a theory that's been thrown around.
Note: The original part was a roughly 5/8" square by almost 2" long assembly as I recall. Diameter isn't strictly the right word so I'm clarifying. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exmeaguy