Valentine one start up

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is an old thread but is there no way to turn off the start up sounds on the V1G2? I am coming from Uniden which give you the option to stop the sounds on start up each time you get in the car. I want the detector to just power up, no need for the sounds each time. Sorry to bring up an old thread but its relevant and did not think a new one was needed.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not unless you maybe want a separate method of hearing alerts.
Turn down the main volume and use an app for alerts maybe.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Oooo, that’s a good point. I don’t usually turn mine on via the knob, but this is another function the gen 1 had natively since if you just clicked it on, the volume would be on low and you could do a silent startup. Dang, I didn’t even think of that as something that can’t be done any more.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Or, you could use a Remote Audio accessory to do something like SwankPerfection does.

joshclifford84

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Does this exist? I need max volume but hate the start up tones blaring in my ear. I feel they only exist for diagnostic/feedback letting you know speaker is working. Also I know I can turn it down before shutting down but not an option plus you still hear the tones as the volume comes down anyway. Awesome device but I need to change this. Ideally would like to do it without modifying internally.

I know you can insert any 3.5mm jack to silence it. Problem is I can't automate that without physically pushing the 3.5mm jack in only during start up. Before I modify it myself does anyone know a way to disable the start up tones? The manufacture never responded to my emails.
Thanks

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thread merged at post 5

I'll bet they are a little too swamped for e-mail right now. ;)

You can add this device and turn it on slowly from this device to avoid the noise. The alerts will come out of this device only once you turn down the main volume on the detector.

Or, you can use an app to play the alert sounds and turn the main volume down too.

You could also run an external speaker to the headphone jack with a delayed-start relay in between. :)

Last edited:

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
;)

joshclifford84

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Deacon, sorry but your link just points back to the same thread? I know this sounds crazy but it almost looks like my original thread was intertwined with this one. Guessing glitch in the matrix idk.

Anyway, I still have not found anything that mutes the sounds on start up. Still shocked that you can't program these things to start up in mute mode. Would pay an extra 100$ for that feature if it was offered by default, even though its just a flipped bit in the software I'm sure... I will spread the word when I finish the modification or I find something that does this without modification.
Josh

True2020Vision

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This was one of the best reasons to have the V1 knob. I agree the V1/V2 start-up is not only annoying, but it is far from stealthy. Those lights are bad enough, but together with the tones, its real attention getter.

joshclifford84

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
7 months later....

built something that is always plugged into the headphone jack(silencing all sounds always), and flashes a strobe LED during the beeps. Best I have ambition to do. I can't hear the tones anyway at full tilt in my vette so disabling audio competently is fine for me. Also, you know you have the radio up too loud to hear this thing anyway. The start up tones are just an extreme annoyance to me, would have thought twice before purchase knowing this was not an option. BUT..... the V2 has already paid for itself 1 summer. Got em!

richpsu

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
New member - this site rocks! Thanks to all for helping me evaluate my countermeasure purchase.

Took delivery of a V1G2 last week and was also looking to disable the startup sound. Thought about the headphone jack & exterior knob.

By dumb luck, I wired the detector into a circuit that turns on when I unlock the vehicle with the key fob versus when the vehicle starts. I hit unlock as I approach the vehicle and by the time I open the door, V1 has finished its startup routine.

Obviously this type of circuit could be vehicle specific....but if someone is looking to accomplish not having to listen to the startup sounds, this might be an option.

Cheers!

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@richpsu This circuit stays live during ignition? That's great. Welcome, and thanks for sharing.

richpsu

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@richpsu This circuit stays live during ignition? That's great. Welcome, and thanks for sharing.
Yes - it stays live during ignition. I thought the voltage drop caused by the starter firing would cause the V1 to turn off - but not the case!

Vehicle is a 2014 E Class. I wired it to the dome light assembly which is adjacent to the rear view. Tapped the thickest red/black circuit i could find - figuring that had the most direct route to power. Prob true...but that is the main circuit that provides power to the dome/map/mirror dimming/SOS module etc etc and the computer totally kills power to the whole “dome unit” when the doors are locked. When the doors are unlocked - the dome unit is powered. Granted - if I forget to lock the car, the V1 will drain the battery. But I never leave it unlocked (famous last words...). If it proves troublesome Re: the battery, I’ll get back in there and tap the circuit for the homelink as that is switched by the ignition (this would bring back the startup chirp issue).

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckmanNZ