Have You Met DragonEye Yet? You Will…

Shoe08057

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
While researching a robust counter measure solution for my “normal” haunts of Pennsylvania, New Jersey & Delaware I uncovered some very interesting data.

I know for a fact New Jersey has banned the use of Photo Radar, so MRCD detection can take a “lower” priority, false assumption. Red light cameras use a version of MRCD in New Jersey. And it’s used in Pennsylvania & Delaware, plus all my other “extended” haunts.

Laser detection I wasn’t too sure if I needed the ALP or could get by with a TMG as my solution.

It took quite a bit of data mining, but I came across some very interesting awarded contracts in New Jersey, Pennsylvania & Delaware. Some hidden by Blanket Contracts, some direct, some through purchasing cooperatives.

Researching New Jersey was a pain but I found an award contract that got my attention. https://www.njstart.gov/bso/externa...=17-FLEET-00776&releaseNbr=0&parentUrl=active

Delaware took me here and saw a different name, Intuitive Control Systems, LLC. https://contracts.delaware.gov/contracts_detail.asp?i=5344

I researched the company awarded the New Jersey contract All Traffic Solutions, immediately almost all my questions were answered and a load more.
I hope you find this information helpful.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

For NJ is that for the state police? They use LTI products such as the Truspeed and Truspeed S. For the tri-state area I wouldn't get anything else except the ALP.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It's true, you never know what departments might have one, plus some places allow their cops to buy personal gear and get them calbrated and those can be used for issuing citations. Plus departments do sell off assets to buy other things so guns can move from department to department. DE isn't super common most places and the chance of running into it is really low many places, but it's always possible. I like being prepared so while I haven't ever seen DE in the wild, I know it's within an hour of me and well might pop up in my drive at any point.

Shoe08057

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
For NJ is that for the state police? They use LTI products such as the Truspeed and Truspeed S. For the tri-state area I wouldn't get anything else except the ALP.
Contract awarded as a "ALL ORG - Organization Umbrella Master Control" - which in governmental terms is the entire state can use this contract, including the NJSP.

For those that wish to do research on their own state, this code will get you what you need - NIGP Code: 680-77

Last edited:

ahl395

PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
NJ State Police seem to only use LTI. Hopefully they'll stay on that trend and they purchased one of the other things the distributor sells.

Shoe08057

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
NJ State Police seem to only use LTI. Hopefully they'll stay on that trend and they purchased one of the other things the distributor sells.
One can only hope they'll continue the trend.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Shoe08057 - Thanks for the information. I followed some of those links. Looks like DETC is approved for sale in Utah. I'll be damned.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
DET will be everywhere boys.
I love when I hear ALP announcing Dragoneye ahead. Anything else I dont get excited anymore at all.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron