Poliscan on 8.11 with Gen 1 CPU and Heads?

PHILBERT

left lane, behind your [email protected]$$ ugly SUV_ MOVE OVER!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
On my last trip through MD, there were several constructions zones I drove through with "Photo Enforced" signs and typical trucks with Poliscan equipment mounted in front facing the rear of passing traffic. Before this trip I updated to 8.11. In the past I would get the alert on my rear heads, but this time with 8.11 I didn't get any alert. At first I thought maybe the cameras were not really operating, but one of them set off the camera flash as I drove past it (at slightly over PSL speed). That one never triggered an alert on my TMG Gen 1 setup either.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is Poliscan still alerting on TMG's latest? I know it's hard to counter a Poliscan, but I still want to know I'm being shot!

I don't have a tester with Poliscan, but used to test with my LTI made Bushnell range finder...if that still alerts with 8.11. Maybe I have a hosed update. I hope not!

Phil

PHILBERT

Intermediate User
Reaction score
FYI - No alert when tested with my LTI Bushnell G-Force DX range finder. Reloaded the Control and Algo. Still no alerting. My other Gen 1 system in my old Escape is still alerting, even though another one of my front heads died and had to be disconnected to not blow fuses. That one is running the algo prior to 8.11.

@Jag42

There may be an issue here with the new algo.

Phil

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
What would it alert to on previous firmware versions? Would it say Poliscan or Traffipatrol XR?
Post automatically merged:

Also, check different heads and make sure your connections are solid. You might have a fried head which happens on the G1 heads sometimes.

PHILBERT

Intermediate User
Reaction score
What would it alert to on previous firmware versions? Would it say Poliscan or Traffipatrol XR?
Post automatically merged:

Also, check different heads and make sure your connections are solid. You might have a fried head which happens on the G1 heads sometimes.

TruSpeed S when hit with the range finder.

So I grabbed the LTI 2020 from work (used for range finding) and tested my white Insight quad heads with a real LIDAR speed gun. No response on front or back. I traded CPU's between my Insight and Escape. Problem doesn't track with the CPU, as the Escape works with either CPU. Isolated the front heads, and then the back heads, and tested both individually. NOTHING. All four heads are dead. 8.11 killed them. Bummer :(

I have not seen @Jag42 respond here. I guess I have to try direct on the TMG web site.

Phil

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oof, that's tough. It's possible 8.11 has different/more TSS jamming patterns. Hopefully TMG can look into it. Glad to see Jag taking care of it!

jcadlols

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I deal with a hell of a lot of Poliscan (and some Jenoptik) with algo 8.11 on a V1 CPU with G2 heads and it alerts fine.

With poliscan, it’s usually set up at quite an angle to the road & as such people here place their heads differently (usually at least two heads angled off centre at each end).

Jamming to the rear is almost impossible as the poliscan is capable of reading at almost zero range & at a high offset to the road. To jam the rear you would need multiple heads. I’m thinking 3 to 4 and you’ll probably be out of luck with a large car.

PHILBERT

Intermediate User
Reaction score
I know it's tough to beat. And I DO NOT SPEED through construction zones, or areas that have signs that indicate "PHOTO ENFORCEMENT". You would have to be a fool to do that.

I was just alarmed that there was no alert, that's all. And when I did test them with legit LIDAR, they were silent. I guess I need a to own a real gun to test with before I set out after an update.

So Jag called me (before I had a chance to call him) and said he would make it right. He is sending me replacements of everything. I'm taking the heads out today and shipping them back with the CPU. TMG customer service goes above and beyond. I went to Florida one Christmas and had a head fail just before the holiday. Jag contacted me on Christmas day and the replacement head (and CPU) were waiting in my mailbox (in NY) before I got home.

This is a strange problem that may have been caused by an aborted algo update. I remember the first attempt froze half way through. And I believe that was due to WiFi issues I was having. I turned off WiFi and downloaded the Algo from cell coverage, then did the update again. That went through, but as we now know it didn't work after that. The mystifying part is that swapped CPU's have the same effect. TMG engineers will analyze it all, so that will help going forward. As a CM support community, I'm glad to contribute. I can go without for a brief period. I'm also upgrading my 2011 Escape to a VPR system with a VPR head. The larger "highly reflective" front end could use a third head.

Phil

jcadlols

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I know it's tough to beat. And I DO NOT SPEED through construction zones, or areas that have signs that indicate "PHOTO ENFORCEMENT". You would have to be a fool to do that.

I was just alarmed that there was no alert, that's all. And when I did test them with legit LIDAR, they were silent. I guess I need a to own a real gun to test with before I set out after an update.

So Jag called me (before I had a chance to call him) and said he would make it right. He is sending me replacements of everything. I'm taking the heads out today and shipping them back with the CPU. TMG customer service goes above and beyond. I went to Florida one Christmas and had a head fail just before the holiday. Jag contacted me on Christmas day and the replacement head (and CPU) were waiting in my mailbox (in NY) before I got home.

This is a strange problem that may have been caused by an aborted algo update. I remember the first attempt froze half way through. And I believe that was due to WiFi issues I was having. I turned off WiFi and downloaded the Algo from cell coverage, then did the update again. That went through, but as we now know it didn't work after that. The mystifying part is that swapped CPU's have the same effect. TMG engineers will analyze it all, so that will help going forward. As a CM support community, I'm glad to contribute. I can go without for a brief period. I'm also upgrading my 2011 Escape to a VPR system with a VPR head. The larger "highly reflective" front end could use a third head.

Phil

Yeah I have to admit, mine always alerts even if it’s too late (my rear setup is badly placed as jammers are very illegal here). The only exception being mobile setups, which I assume is due to the camera not yet running ( they frequently move around through the day).

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
8.12 will be on the server Monday.
I am going to want a deal like Phil...lol
Jag will take care of me. Customer service is why TMG is superior.
But soon I will want to get rid of these gen 1 heads....up front especially. They have been tested alot.... shot in real police many times....service is excellent plus Bravo lives close and helps with testing...

PHILBERT

Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes, TheBravo was right down the Green River Pky from me when I lived off of Grand and Walton. He helped me out near Orlando on a Christmas visit to Disney Resorts a couple of years ago.

Phil

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MilSpec