JBV1 Features to Support Multiple Detectors?

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Whenever I'm running a detector besides my V1, I always run JBV1 in standalone mode to take advantage of the many non-RD related features. Without complicating things too much, I wonder whether it would be worth it to add a few additional features to augment JBV1's abilities when running with a non-connected detector:
  1. Lockouts - It occurred to me the other day while I was trying to decide whether the K band signal my R7 was alerting to was a stationary false that JBV1 already had an extensive database of falses stored from driving around with my V1. Would it be possible to display the frequency of lockouts that have been stored in a given area when later driving through them with the app in Standalone mode? This would allow you to more confidently set a manual lockout on the non-connected detector.
  2. Alert logging by audio - ferius's RD Test app cleverly listens for the alert tones from detectors in order to record where on the course the detector alerts . Would it be possible to add this functionality to JBV1 to add some sort of rudimentary alert logging for non-connected detectors? Additionally, it could be combined with the lockout idea above to only report a lockout frequency when, say, a K band alert tone is detected.
Just some thoughts, I'll leave it up to johnboy00 to decide whether the required effort is worth it. Thanks as always for such a great app!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
#1 wouldn't be very practical. In many cases, there are lots of lockouts really close to one another and overlapping. I can't show them all, either on a map or in a list, in such a way that it would be of any use to the driver. If you have a more detailed idea of how to do it in a useful way, I'd be happy to consider it.

#2 isn't likely to happen, especially the second part, since I can't a) sample and catalog ALL the alert tone options for detectors I don't own, and b) divine which one is currently selected for what band.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
  • Admin
I'll think more about #1.

Regarding #2, I would assume this would be left up to the user to define. The RD Test app allows you to define certain frequency ranges to alert to, which the user would have to calibrate to their current detector alert tones. In the absence of #1, it's probably not worth the effort.

Thanks for the reply!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Regarding #2, I would assume this would be left up to the user to define. The RD Test app allows you to define certain frequency ranges to alert to, which the user would have to calibrate to their current detector alert tones. In the absence of #1, it's probably not worth the effort.

I get it, but this functionality is critical to success for an app like RD Test. For JBV1, not so much.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoobylovesjazz