Learning as I go......still a couple of questions though v1 Driver App

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
OK so one of the two questions I have is circled in green. My question is exactly how does this bar work and exactly what is it telling me? Now I did figure out that I can "tap" once on the two K band alerts up top and it will mute it out. Which is a great feature to have.

IMG_2477[1683].jpg

One of the other questions I have is why is it that the V1 driver is not recording Ka hits? I can't find a single Ka hit on a pin. Seems weird. Now, I am registering Ka hits loud and clear through V1G2. And the hits are loud and constant. The other question I have is do cops like to sit in a parking lot and hit the trigger on Ka repeatedly over and over? Because this seems to be my experience except when Mississippi State Troopers are monitoring speed on I-10.

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
@mswlogo

I had the same Ka question as well.
Let’s wait for the smarter people to show up and tell us both

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think the bar tilts up if the strength is increasing and down if the strength is decreasing.

V1Driver doesn’t drop Ka pins by default. I forget the reason. If you want Ka pins, in your Settings go to Debug Settings and enable he option to “Create Ignore Pins”. V1Driver “ignores” Ka hits by default, meaning it just alerts and doesn’t mess with them (snooze, mute, etc), so creating pins for otherwise “ignored” hits will add Ka to your local database.

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I think the bar tilts up if the strength is increasing and down if the strength is decreasing.

V1Driver doesn’t drop Ka pins by default. I forget the reason. If you want Ka pins, in your Settings go to Debug Settings and enable he option to “Create Ignore Pins”. V1Driver “ignores” Ka hits by default, meaning it just alerts and doesn’t mess with them (snooze, mute, etc), so creating pins for otherwise “ignored” hits will add Ka to your local database.

Thank you! I just enabled this feature. So, hopefully, the Ka pins will start showing up.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you! I just enabled this feature. So, hopefully, the Ka pins will start showing up. I don't understand how the bars tilt up or whatever it is you are saying.

untamedinc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

I am noticing that V1Driver may not be dropping K band pins consistently when in Advanced Logic mode but seems to be 100% at dropping pins in Logic mode. Does this sound accurate? I realize you are supposed to be running V1Driver in Logic mode and understand the reasons why, I have just been trying to run it in Advanced Logic mode to reduce K falses (even though they are muted) but still get pins when it does alert. Maybe the unit and it's logic is stopping V1Driver from getting some of this information, thus why I am seeing about half the K band pins show on the map in Advanced Logic mode vs. Logic Mode.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t think V1 analyzer mode has anything to do with it, but maybe @mswlogo can correct me. I do know that in Advanced Logic, you should get fewer K hits anyway, and K pins aren’t dropped if you’re below savvy speed. Maybe that has something to do with it? Not a lot of info to work with there.

PS While V1Driver does generally provide a history of alerts, it seems like really the line are for potential lockouts, and anything that wouldn’t be a potential lockout doesn’t wind up in the history. I’m not sure if enabling ignore pins means it will start dropping pins for stuff like K alerts below the savvy threshold or not, for example.

untamedinc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was under savvy for all 5 k band hits on way home tonight in Advanced Logic, but only 2 showed up. I’ve never missed a pin drop on the map below or above savvy in Logic mode that I have noticed. I’ve been pretty diligent reviewing all hits to better understand what frequencies are showing for review. Thanks for info above.

I was under savvy for all 5 k band hits on way home tonight in Advanced Logic, but only 2 showed up. I’ve never missed a pin drop on the map below or above savvy in Logic mode that I have noticed. I’ve been pretty diligent reviewing all hits to better understand what frequencies are showing for review. Thanks for info above.

Only 2 showed up on the map I meant, but all were new hits that alerted on the V1.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I don’t think V1 analyzer mode has anything to do with it, but maybe @mswlogo can correct me. I do know that in Advanced Logic, you should get fewer K hits anyway, and K pins aren’t dropped if you’re below savvy speed. Maybe that has something to do with it? Not a lot of info to work with there.

PS While V1Driver does generally provide a history of alerts, it seems like really the line are for potential lockouts, and anything that wouldn’t be a potential lockout doesn’t wind up in the history. I’m not sure if enabling ignore pins means it will start dropping pins for stuff like K alerts below the savvy threshold or not, for example.

You are right that when under Savvy K could drop ignore pins. But it gets confusing on the map having ignore pins below savvy and real lockouts above savvy in the same location. "ignore" means "ignored band" (as in Learning is not enabled for that band).

I think your assessment that Advanced Logic just generates less alerts.

Note that Below Savvy won't create "New" pins, but it will update existing pins (if they got created at another time when above Savvy).

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Only 2 showed up on the map I meant, but all were new hits that alerted on the V1.

If you are under savvy it won't create a NEW pin (regardless of Logic Mode). But it will update existing pins.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
OK so one of the two questions I have is circled in green. My question is exactly how does this bar work and exactly what is it telling me? Now I did figure out that I can "tap" once on the two K band alerts up top and it will mute it out. Which is a great feature to have.

View attachment 150606

One of the other questions I have is why is it that the V1 driver is not recording Ka hits? I can't find a single Ka hit on a pin. Seems weird. Now, I am registering Ka hits loud and clear through V1G2. And the hits are loud and constant. The other question I have is do cops like to sit in a parking lot and hit the trigger on Ka repeatedly over and over? Because this seems to be my experience except when Mississippi State Troopers are monitoring speed on I-10.

@Deacon was correct about the ramping.

The Top Bar is saying you have an Alert that is not GPS Muted (nor Mute in Box muted) but you do have a region higher up that is locked out but nothing is hitting in it. If something in that range does come along it would be muted. This is all independent of Savvy Mute. Jump to 39 minutes and it explains it.

Last edited:

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@Deacon was correct about the ramping.

The Top Bar is saying you have an Alert that is not GPS Muted (nor Mute in Box muted) but you do have a region higher up that is locked out but nothing is hitting in it. If something in that range does come along it would be muted. This is all independent of Savvy Mute. Jump to 39 minutes and it explains it.

OK but, we have iPhones.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmmch65